• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something against Germans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
There is a rule here that one must give credit to any pics in the sig that don't belong to the user....

But I've seen NUMEROUS pics from PokéWiki, and nobody gets called on it.

fbteammdspritestrans26dk.gif
That image, found in THIS:

http://serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=11520

member's sig. Those are ALL from PokéWiki, as shown below....

Liek OMG, Gyarados!
130.png

And wow, they look.... exactly alike! :eek:

PokéWiki: http://wiki.filb.de/Hauptseite

EDIT: I'm aware that they're ripped from Mysterious Dungeon, but PokéWiki is the ONLY site with those pics so far, and I believe they should get credit until more people rip them. = /

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Paperfairy said:
There is a rule here that one must give credit to any pics in the sig that don't belong to the user....

But I've seen NUMEROUS pics from PokéWiki, and nobody gets called on it.

fbteammdspritestrans26dk.gif
That image, found in THIS:

http://serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=11520

member's sig. Those are ALL from PokéWiki, as shown below....

Liek OMG, Gyarados!
130.png

And wow, they look.... exactly alike! :eek:

PokéWiki: http://wiki.filb.de/Hauptseite
How do you know that's where they're from? There are numerous sites across the web that have game sprites. And, the member could have ripped it him/herself.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Well It's Impossible NOT to rip A pokemon sprite unless your Nintendo, or all your sprites are taken pictures from the actual game, and yes, they would look alike, cause they'z the same pokemon, from same game.

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Maybe you should've asked Waterlight where he got them before posting a thread. >>;

Also, there's no shiny Delibird sprite. Explain that, geenyus! xD *shot*

Also also, explain how it's against Germans. And make it reasonable, not 'HE DINNAE GEEV CRIDET!!'

Last edited:

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
Serebii said:
Actually they aren't the only people whjo have ripped them. I myself have ripped all the sprites, albeit the ones I have all Pokemon of are of them head on

And of course they'ld look alike, the same sprite exists in each game for each ripper

Joe, they're they're the same exact same pose. I've never seen any other site with them really....

My rule of thumb at this point in time:

Legendary/head-on sprite: Came from SPP
Facing southwest: Came from PokéWiki

Although I'd love it if someone could point me to other places that sprites have been ripped.... ^________^

Nagashi

Master Coordinator
Paperfairy said:
Although I'd love it if someone could point me to other places that sprites have been ripped.... ^________^
And I'd love it if you could actually talk to the person you're accusing of stealing and hear their side of the story, before making an idiotic thread about how using sprites is racist, and then REPORT them instead of making a scene... ^_______^

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
Nagashi said:
And I'd love it if you could actually talk to the person you're accusing of stealing and hear their side of the story, before making an idiotic thread about how using sprites is racist, and then REPORT them instead of making a scene... ^_______^

Too bad I said numerous, and that member isn't the only one.

^_____________^

And wow, I'm suddenly idiotic for trying to point out something. :eek:

Anyways, Dark Scizor has showed me that other people have indeed ripped sprites, so I'm done for now. I guess this deserves a lock now, huh?

EDIT: For those who don't the German thing, PokéWiki is a German site. -_-

Last edited:

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
To my post before, I deleted it since I accidentally posted before I was finished.

First off, if I come off as offensive during this, I apologise since I'm tired as hell.

Anyway, I was linked to these sprites by my friend in the form of a sprite sheet (He didn't say he ripped them, they were basically just each Pokémon in the southwest pose) which he had uploaded via imageshack. I had previously seen them in people's sigs which was why I asked him for them. I DID recolour the Delibird sprite, however.
If you'd CONTACTED me to tell me where these might be from instead of ranting on, this could have been sorted out so much quicker.

And about the "Something against Germans" title, how am I suddenly racist? This could have happened with any site, so it's pretty idiotic to basically label me as that. ;/

Seeing some of your posts towards other people though, stop being so bloody hostile over something which could be resolved via PM. It's totally unnecessary. :/

Last edited:

Fatal

Banned
Paperfairy, personally I think from your posts, sig, etc. that

idiot.png

but yeah, that's just me.

It kinda seems like you have some personal thing against Waterlight, since you could have called on everyone else that has non-credited images in their signature, and made a general thread rather than only addressing one member. =/

Anyways, this issue has come up before iirc. It's not one of the bigger things Joe and the other admins have to worry about though.

-Fatal

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
1. Waterlight, this is NOTHING against you, I don't even know. I was just wondering why members didn't give credit to PokéWiki for the sprites, for I was under the assumption that nobody else had ripped sprites from the game. Sorry. I just used you to back my point up.

2. Wow Jiraiya, you seem so educated. = D

Spectre

I'm the Juggernaut!
Wow, get a grip dude. Just because one site has sprites doesn't necessarily mean that the person stole them from there. If you notice, you can see that pokemon sprites are EVERYWHERE. Be a little less of a snob by indirectly reporting someone just to gain some attention. Grow up. :\

Skrusti

But WAIT! :O PokeWiki STOLE THE SPRITES FROM GAMEFREAK'S WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION TOO!!!!

Seriously, they did. Did they call up Gamefreak and like, ask if they could rip the sprites from the game and put them on the website? No? OMG RLY? :0

And as far as I know, if you upload the image yourself after tweaking with it, you no longer have to give credit. You only have to give credit if you use a picture, unedited and undoctored and whatever, straight from a website. Waterlight didn't. He compiled all of the seperate images into one banner/picture, and then uploaded it onto ImageShack. For all you know, HE could've ripped the damn sprites himself :/ And who says the sprites are from PokeWiki in the first place? I've seen other rips of these sprites that aren't PokeWiki. HOES NOES! D: Maybe they ripped from PokeWiki too! D: D: D:

So yeah, don't be stupid next time and just report them to a mod directly. :)

Wailord_Fan

Beginning Trainer
You're darn right I got something against Germans. Why, oh why, couldn't Argentina have won? I mean, come on, goalie dude, you jumped in the wrong direction twice!

Wait, what's all this about sprites, then? I mean, ripping the sprites in and of itself would require this Pokewiki to give credit to gamefreak, no? I mean, its one thing to take a picture of someone's original work and put it in your sig, like if I took someone's Duskull-corsola sprite mix or whatever, but if if pokewiki is just acting as a middleman, I'd say no harm no foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.