• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something I Just Realised...

.Wind.

Banned
Isn't HOnchkrow the first dark pokemon owned by a main anime character/rival? I'm not meaning COTDs.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Here's what I think:
There's like dozens of Gyms in each region which gotta be bigger (And is not like the game one). Remeber in Kanto when those two guys in Dark City were fighting against each other so one of them could be the town's Gym Leader? Well I guess for every town there's a Gym Leader. Perhaps Ash is directed to the ones closer to him, although you think in the town he visited there would be alot (Like the contests, even in the small ones May always competed in them).
And there was that guy near the end of the Kanto saga who had eight different badges that weren't from the original Kanto Gyms.

And maybe it's not mentioned but perhaps Ash seeks out the powerful ones. All those trainers who got pulped by Surge or Sabrina? They probably went to find another city with a Gym in it. And there's probably plenty of towns Ash never visited, as I said he always looking for the nearest town, if he went let's say to Mt Cloud Town in the south but the town in the west called Amberstone City had a Gym in it, then he probably wouldn't have gone to that one because he already heard about the other Gyms.

Now I know the seeking most powerful one isn't really that much to hold up, but I am sure he looks for the one who are tough to beat, while others may look for easy gym leaders.

As for the Leaders who don't get much loss (Like Surge, Sabrina and quite a few other leaders I have forgotten) probably as I said before they gave up and headed to another town. Would you really keep going to a gym where a woman literally turns you into a doll?

randomspot555

This raises the question of how come Ash runs into so few trainers with badges! For instance, in the current saga Ash has Paul, Barry, Nando and Alan, and has met Reggie who collected badges years ago... but that's about it. In Kanto every other trainer he met was planning to reach the league just has he was, but now he very seldom meets even a character of the day who has obtained a single badge.

The difference is the dozens of one-off characters from Kanto were never seen or heard from again, despite their League asperations. All of the mentioned cast from Sinnoh (except Alan, since I'm not 100% sure who that is, and Reggie, who's a breeder) are characters that keep coming back.

I wonder why Ash just never bumps into any.

Maybe they're earning badges in a different order?

TexanChris

Boulder Trainer
Maybe it's possible when registering for a league you're assigned what gyms you are to go to, and thus not everyone gets the same one.

And remember in Kanto when Ash got his seventh badge Gary mentioned how nobody had gotten badges from Blaine in years since his gym burned down. I also remember that there was also the impression from some gym leaders that they got many challenges every day, remember that sometimes when he first met them they mentioned their pokemon being wiped out and having to be treated at the pokemon center, at least in the american versions.

Isis-sama

Isn't HOnchkrow the first dark pokemon owned by a main anime character/rival? I'm not meaning COTDs.

No, Gary got Umbreon all the way back in Johto. Also Drew got Absol and we were introduced to Harley alongside Cacturne.

Honestly, I don't understand why rivals can have Dark-type Pokemon and Team Rocket can't, Gary and Drew weren't even really antagonistic anymore by the time they got theirs.

thunderblade12

IMO, there's no type limit.

There are types that Ash always gets, grass, fire, water, and flying. Those 4 along with Pikachu take up 5 slots in Ash's party. His 6th pokemon is usually a wildcard that seems to be pretty random. There's so many pokemon out there and only 1 slot open for a dark type to make it onto Ash's team; odds are it won't happen. In Kanto, the way his team was handled he got plenty of different types, bug, fighting, etc. there weren't any dark types back then though. In Johto and Sinnoh he got ground types and in Hoeen he got an ice type, it's luck of the draw IMO.

I know someone is going to bring up Corphish not evolving. Why didn't Totodile evolve? Why does it seem like Buizel will more than likely not evolve? They do not evolve into dark types but they didn't evolve.

The reason the females never get dark types is because Misty only caught water types and May and Dawn only get cute pokemon. There just aren't any cute dark types. Now if Absol or Sneasle got a pre-evolution that was cute or something, I could see one of the girls getting that.

Team Rocket can get dark types too, their teams are pretty limited too. Jessie always has Wobuffett, a snake and a flying bug, James always has his annoying baby pokemon and a grass type. If the 5th gen. had a dark type snake in it I'm sure Jessie would replace Seviper for it. The reason Cacnea didn't evolve was because Harley had Cacturne.

kemal07

I think Ash deserves a psychic type more than dark though. I agree dark types do seem quite sly.
Cassidy also has a Sableye and houndour which is part dark

milenadrg

I think Ash deserves a psychic type more than dark though. I agree dark types do seem quite sly.
Cassidy also has a Sableye and houndour which is part dark

Cassidy and Butch aren't Main Characters and looks like Rivals can get Dark types(they're rivals of Jessie and James, right), but for Main Characters can't... But I think they CAN have psyhic type(Misty's Starmie, Jessie's Wobbuffet and James' Mime Jr.), but it will be possibly neglected if Ash gets one...

dudleyspud

Master of Disguise
What I wonder about is the contests.

There is easily 100+ participants who each need 5 ribbons each. A grand festival takes place every year and there is not a contest everyday, so how do all these participants get enough ribbons when there isn't as many contests? :S

kemal07

What I wonder about is the contests.

There is easily 100+ participants who each need 5 ribbons each. A grand festival takes place every year and there is not a contest everyday, so how do all these participants get enough ribbons when there isn't as many contests? :S

Other contests are probably held in other towns and cities that the team and we dont know about.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Regarding contests it's even worse than that. In the Grand Festivals of Hoenn and Kanto there were 200 or even more coordinators and everyone must have 5 ribbons, so there must have been over 1000 contests in a not too long period of time, and that's just impossible, because in every contest, there is the announcer, Mr. Sukizo and Mr. Contesta, so they can't be simultaneous, so if they make a contest every day (which is already unlikely), it would take them 3 years to make all these contests.
And I think there are also coordinators with only one, two, three or four ribbons, so there must be even more contests.

how do you get the eggs?