1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Something I noticed at the end of the Yellow arc

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by TheViolentTomboy, Aug 25, 2011.

1. It's generally accepted that this is what is in Yellow's arsenal of Viridian-blessed powers: healing, mind-reading, minor telekinesis, and, as TVtropes calls it, Super Empowering. However, re-reading the Yellow arc shows that she may have another ability.

At the climax of her arc, Lance planned to control Lugia with the energy released by the giant badge amplifier. Pika, then Yellow, realized that the only way to stop him was to blow the energy away with a bigger burst of energy.

The Kanto starters fired their attacks up the String Shot that fell to the ground and was attached to Yellow's arm. Looking at the two-page spread that features her final attack on Lance, it appears that Yellow somehow absorbed their attacks into her hand to power up Pika's Megavolt and some kind of laser shot from her pointer finger. After that, the badge energy meant to control Lugia was converted into healing energy, which Lugia then directed onto the Kanto mainland, resulting in a wasteland transforming into a lush field.

In short, Yellow has the power to absorb and convert massive amounts of energy to greatly amplify the effects of her other abilities.

Hot damn. Yellow has literal near god-like potential. Thank whoever is up there that she's one of the nicest characters in the series.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  2. SoulSilverMstr411

SoulSilverMstr411 Hikikomori

Yeah, she's really quite something. O_O

3. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm pretty sure that laser is a bolt of lightning from Megavolt. But the rest sounds spot on.

4. Synthesia

Synthesia Rookie Trencher

Yellow's ... special.

5. Red_the_knight

Red_the_knight Pokemon Warrior

That's some Limit Break she has. She is a Viridian Girl with powers, and stories did stay people who are born from Viridian City have amazing powers.

6. shengar

shengar Silent reader

That just one-time ability I think. Since she never do it again in other arc.

7. Randomness

Randomness He is already here.

I'm so jealous I want to stab her(just kidding)....

Still, barely anyone noticed that, including me.

8. It has been a long time since her arc, and this ability has only been used once. No wonder not too much attention is brought to it.

But dayum, Yellow really has some scary potential. Giovanni stated that Megavolt is 10x stronger than Thunderbolt, meaning that Megavolt is has a base power of 950. Factor in STAB and, just for fun, imagine Pika holding a Light Ball.

9. Randomness

That makes...2850 Base Power.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  10. kingferret53

kingferret53 A duel well fought..

I still think Lavender Town is cooler than Viridian City...

11. Randomness

Viridian City? I remember she said Viridian Forest.

12. Evilchibi_pichu

Evilchibi_pichu Entertain me minions

Not surprised, really. She's overpowered and would be too much of a deus ex machina if they had her do it more than once...

But, good find. I didn't even think of your reasoning, but it does make a lot of sense. Just waiting for Saki/Sird to make Yellow evil now, so we can see how strong Yellow really is.

I wonder if Wataru/Lance has some sort of that type of power or another special hidden ability granted by the forest we haven't seen yet.

13. Pokemonfangirl

Pokemonfangirl I love all Pokemon!

This is an interesting new discovery!