• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something I noticed (Possible spoilers)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Um guys? I just noticed something..

You know when the thin clothed girls were defeated by Jupiter?

[IMG200]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7905/part1l.png[/IMG200]

Then Platinum heard the sound of a Pokemon and decided to catch it but fainted before she could and her Poke Ball rolled away?

[IMG200]http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8237/part2.png[/IMG200]

Then it rolled to a silhoutte to a Pokemon that we all know about

[IMG200]http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7551/part3r.png[/IMG200]

And later, in volume 37 Platinum digs into her bag and looks at something surprising?

[IMG200]http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1358/part4.png[/IMG200]

It was never fully established what was in the bag in the magazines right?

Think about it for a second

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
Platinum with a Regigias (sp?) wouldn't be too shocking after Ruby's Celebi.

Disappointing, yes. Shocking, no.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Quite a possibility, this theory sounds accurate and I hope it's true and I could do with a shocking twist.

Maxim

Beyond repair
This would be disappointing.

Celebi-ex-machina was probably the worst and cheapest thing in PokeSpe ever (other than HGSS Saga, maybe).

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
If she does have Regigigas I wonder what she'll do with it? It can't revive the dead like Celebi apparently can. Or maybe the events of the Platinum arc are so extreme that the Sinnoh region themselves starts to break up so she uses Regigigas the continent mover to help restore the region back into one piece using ropes. Hey it's in the Pokedex entry so why not? I wouldn't consider that cheap or DEM at all. I also agree with 00poke maniac that Ruby with Celebi didn't feel cheap to me at all. Even though it's darker then the anime, it's still Pokemon.

SmartD

I read that on another thread. It could be possible that it's Regigigas. But we'll have to wait to see if it's true.

Darkxninga

hmm for me im neutral about the ruby and celebi thing. I neither hated or liked it but i was glad it brought the others back D: !
Im going to guess it is regig.... (...dont feel like spelling it) in the ball. I cant wait to see how she uses it in the platinum or dp arc ^^. Though it's a pokemon i couldnt see her using~

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
Who said anything about it reviving people?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hadn't even noticed that; good eye. Platinum with Regigigas wouldn't be all-that surprising given the events in previous manga. However, I'm willing to bet that I'd dislike this little plot-twist, if that's really what they have planned for the manga. I've never put much thought into this before but now that I think about it, Regigigas is ugly. Powerful, but ugly. Giving Platinum a huge Pokemon like Regigigas at the end of the manga like that just doesn't seem to click with me very well. I'm personally hoping that it never sees the light of day.

Last edited:

Darkxninga

Who said anything about it reviving people?

What I mean is that thanks to celebi the ones who were supposed to be dead are still alive in the rs arcs (I think). Now, i dont remeber those pages correctly from when i read the scan of the rs last chapters years ago, but yeah. And no one said anything about it reviving anyone.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
Technically Celebi never revived anyone...

it just messed with the time stream or whatever..

Besides..no one dies this chapter anyway....

Darkxninga

Technically Celebi never revived anyone...

it just messed with the time stream or whatever..

Besides..no one dies this chapter anyway....

no no thats not what I meant >_<. I dont mean the term "revive" as in bring back to life..nah i wont say anymore b/c i dont know how to explain what i mean without making someone confused. and Im talking about the RS chapter not the current chapter~

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
This would be disappointing.

Celebi-ex-machina was probably the worst and cheapest thing in PokeSpe ever (other than HGSS Saga, maybe).
Even if it is Regigigas, it would be 50 times better than Celebi From Nowhere just because there was actual foreshadowing for it. It doesn't hurt that Regigigas is just really powerful, without having any abilties that can let it do the sort of deus-ex-machina crap that Celebi did.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I don't mind if a main character uses a Legendary (this manga established fairly early on with Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres that Legends aren't as uncatchable as other portrayals make them seem), so Platinum with Regigigas would be fine by me.

What I do mind is when they come out of nowhere (Ruby's Celebi . . . no foreshadowing unless you count it's supposed appearance in the 1st chapter or the timestream acting weird when they were on Mirage Island - oh, it did have foreshadowing! Just not much . . .). If Celebi had better foreshadowing, I don't think I'd mind it's sudden appearance so much. The manipulating time to save the people who would have otherwise died thing was understandable, given the circumstances (as someone else mentioned, this is Pokemon we're talking about so a "happy ending" is to be expected).

I'm glad Regigigas is foreshadowed (I'm assuming that it will indeed turn out to be "caught" by Platinum). I wonder how this will play out? Will it just be there to be a last-minute powerhouse to help against Team Galactic (a la Blue's Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in the battle against Team Rocket at the end of G/S/C), or will it's legendary powers give it a bigger role (more like Celebi in the R/S arc)? It will be interesting to see it in action, either way.

EDIT: At least Black and White have fewer legendaries overall than D/P/Pt, so it should be easier for the manga to fit them all in without having odd plot twists. Their inclusion should feel more natural.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
B and W has the same amount of legends as DP did

Ememew

Emerald Mew
True, but D/P had more "unrelated" legends. Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin, Manaphy, Arceus, etc. were mostly standalone legends. In B/W we have more connected ones (Keldio with the three Musketeers, the flying trio,) who are likely to be introduced together. By having many legends linked to each other (I think only Victini, Melloetta and Genesect are the odd-ones-out? Correct me if I missed someone), they will probably have to deal with fewer single-legend focuses than with D/P.

I hope that made sense . . .

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I guess it could be argued if Celebi had too much foreshadowing it would have killed the element of surprise. ;) I mean...counting RS as a whole we just had a Celebi in the previous (GSC final) chapter so....

Anyways though, Platinum with a Regigigas does seem a little farfetch'd (which is why I didn't think much about it even though like I said it flashed across my mind) Somewhat of me wants the thing in her bag to be the Griseous orb or the emblem thing she was supposed to get, but I wouldn't mind Regi if it is.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
The grescious Orb?

That sounds a little random and more deus ex than Regigigas actually...

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
Platinum with Regigigas (did I spell that right?) sounds...odd. Not surprsing odd, but I just can't think of what she'll do with it and it just doesn't fit. But okay. A regigigas.

A griseous orb would be better in the Platinum arc than in the DP one, but maybe it serves as the Berlitz crest she was supposed to make instead of controlling Giratina? Um.