• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something interesting about Pokemon Crater

XDbonsly

Bonsly lover 4 life!
Yes, I know, Pokemon Crater is LONG dead.....
BUT if you try to get to the unused page of:http://www.pokemoncrater.com, it appears to lead you to Nintendo.com now.
Interesting how nintendo took the name.
Very, very interesting.
Its just somehting random I found and wanted to share.
But why do you guys think Ninty did this?
(Note: This is only in the Pokemon dicussion because it had to do with a Pokemon Crater link, if you must move it, please do so)

BCVM22

But why do you guys think Ninty did this?

Because "Pokémon Crater" sounds close enough to a product that Nintendo could potentially make that they don't want some half-assed, unauthorized third-party using the name and causing potential public misconception. It's standard trademark procedure.

XDbonsly

Bonsly lover 4 life!
I thought about the Trademark thing, but that seemed kind of strange for them to just take it, let alone make it a secondary link to their main site.

Edit: Leomon, thats an interesting perspective, it made me lol for some reason too

BCVM22

they probably did it because that would get more fans to their site.

No, I've already provided the correct answer.

I thought about the Trademark thing, but that seemed kind of strange for them to just take it, let alone make it a secondary link to their main site.

No, again, it's standard procedure. Any domain name Nintendo owns automatically redirects to their main site. Try www.pokemonopal.com and -topaz.com if you don't believe me.

Again, I assure you what I've already provided is accurate. There's no need to continue posting with theories that will ultimately be incorrect.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
pokemon crater closed on dec.1 2007 it was funny lol he had to go to college or sumtin and he could'nt run it kinda wierd goin to college like that