• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something Intersting

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
It would depend on the cost.

A better way of getting them would be to store up points with purchases and a certain number of points gets you a certain Pokémon.

Pro Gamer

Do you think they should make buyable pokemon to down load at a store? I think they should because many events only happen once like the mew event.
I like the idea, but not the buying part.

[Senor_Tom]

MAXBREEDER
more events....i would enjoy the idea of an annual tour of some kind...or like the olympics and the I-series compuing event

Just like every year there is a huge gathering of pokemon enthusiats...worldwide or mabye country wide...i dunno

but defo more events

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
If they did, unless it was something that can't be transfered over (like buying Oak's Letter, Azure Flute, or Membership Card [?] items), it'd be ruined by cloning. Only one person would ever have to buy each Pokemon/item, then clone it and trade it out all over, then those people would be getting it without paying :/

pipersgirl™

<This girl rocks!!
Eh, dont buy 'em.

No, no, no. Firstly, that would RUIN the points of events. Events are made for a reason, not everyone in the world is supposed to have Mew or Darkrai. It's for the lucky few who can actually go and get them, and for the others, well if you couldn't be there too bad, you can't have them unless you trade with someone. If everyone were to get Mew or Darkrai, it would just be pointless to have an veent of some sort, which is somewhat fun.

Also, no because you aren't supposed to buy pokemon on to your team, your supposed to work hard to catch and raise your own pokemon and yeah... thats it.

pipersgirl™

<This girl rocks!!
No, no, no. Firstly, that would RUIN the points of events. Events are made for a reason, not everyone in the world is supposed to have Mew or Darkrai. It's for the lucky few who can actually go and get them, and for the others, well if you couldn't be there too bad, you can't have them unless you trade with someone. If everyone were to get Mew or Darkrai, it would just be pointless to have an veent of some sort, which is somewhat fun.

Also, no because you aren't supposed to buy pokemon on to your team, your supposed to work hard to catch and raise your own pokemon and yeah... thats it.

Exactly, thats the whole point.

cjeilers

Serebii's Breeder
We should be able to download event pokemon.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I can just see it... little kids lining up, while the store owner shouts:
'Get you ultra-rare Pokemon! Magikarp for only $500!'
:)

Princess Reina

lalala....
I dont really think so. Also, events should be available for everyone, not only for people who live in US/Japan. Nintendo should do special net-events for people who live outisde US/Japan.

K

kirby

You don't buy yourself to success in the game. That would completely ruin the point of working to accomplish your own goals, which is what Pokemon is all about.

I don't remember being charged money to go to an event, either. They make too much money from selling the games alone anywhoo.

EdrickV

Wanderer
In theory it might be possible for Nintendo to do this right now with D/P. Mystery Gift has a WFC option so they have obviously considered having some sort of online event. (Whether that'll ever be used or not is yet to be seen.) There's also a "from a friend" option so maybe some event item/Pokemon can be Mystery Gifted from one game to another. (Like the Eon Ticket.) And of course there's the local wireless option which was used to give out Darkrai.

However, think about Pokemon's target audience. Kids are not likely to have their own credit cards so would have to try and get their parents to buy stuff online for them. The way I see it, I think it would be easier for the kids to convince them to go to an actual event (like a movie premier) then to spend money buying what would amount to downloadable content. (Though there may be exceptions.) And if they did have buyable event Pokemon, chances are there would only be a certain number available which might well be bought up by people intending to turn around and sell them on Ebay for a huge profit. (Like people did with the PS3 when it first came out. I bet most of them were bought just to be sold on Ebay.) And the fact that there's at least one viable cloning method means that every event Pokemon bought or given away could well become a hundred identical clones.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
Buyable Pokemon online????!!?!??!?!? That's like saying put up animals online for auction. That is wrong. Now on the other hand things like Berries, and Items, I can understand.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Buyable Pokemon online????!!?!??!?!? That's like saying put up animals online for auction. That is wrong. Now on the other hand things like Berries, and Items, I can understand.

Um... that's taking it too far. Nothing like selling animals - it's just the main pieces of data that the Pokemon games are made up off. Why would selling Pokemon online be bad, but buy items good???

I could see it happening, but I very much doubt it would.

xgina

Banned
some guy put his pokemon team up for sale on eBay

that guy however was a complete idiot

even though there are some nintendo people who are idiots i still can't see this happening

[Senor_Tom]

MAXBREEDER
act...i think that is a good idea to sell a pokemon team on ebay...well for like 2 quid or sumthin and diff preices for diff levels of skill ect

and the real idiot would be who bought it.

I think if someone set up like a pokemon shop on a website...with like a daycare center where you could request pokemon to be bred ect then it would be sucesful
...But you paid with pokemon or money?