• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something Sinister from Silph Co (RP Thread)

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Ian the Gallade

It didn’t take long for a reply to come from whoever I was talking to. ““Oh! I’m not sure. I’m trying to get a trainer to take me there!” I blinked at the way it was said. There was so much hope in the voice of the talking Pokémon that I was amazed I could readily feel it in their thoughts. A moment later I sensed a wave of disappointment from whoever I was speaking to.

“Well if there is anything I can do to help you, such as breaking you out for instance, I will try to be of assistance.” I paused considering my next words. “If any other Pokémon would like my assistance, tell them to think loudly that the would like assistance and I will try to speak with them."

I was aware the last part was a bit of a gamble, but I dislike seeing Pokémon held inside of cages, even Pokéballs disgusted me, after so many years outside of my own, and now after spending several years free.

As stealthily as I could, I approached the building, staying out of the view of any people. When I reached the edge of the available shadows I paused, making sure that I didn’t leave them. Silently I watched people enter and exit the building. I strained my ears to try and pick up what was said, but I could not manage to hear anything.

Spacial

procrastination
Kate the Mudkip

Kate heard something inside her head- a voice. How could there be voices in her head? She looked around. No one, unless you counted the plump boy finally settling for a Munchlax. She head it again. It was asking to help her. Did she want help from this... this voice, or did she... Her eyes steadily followed the Kadabra. Still talking with the Leavanny. The voice inside her head was telling her to think. 'I don't want your help' She thought, unwilling to let go her chance to be owned by a coordinator and wear clothes that weren't adverstiements. She waited for a response. The voice had vanished- probably busy spooking out other Pokemon.

Nervously, she tracked the coordinator. He had another Pokemon by his side, a majestic fire type with a mane of flames and, as far as she had recalled from snitches of conversation between the Ponyta and an Absol, a Southern accent. Seemed fine to her. Miranda was unusually quiet, and had hereyes on the coordinator whenever Kate looked at her. A famous coordinator, then. If he adopted Kate, that would mean she'd be famous too. Did she really want all of that attention? Yes. She knew the answer was yes. It was the opportunity for a new life- and Kate wasn't going to waste it.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
*Yuuki the Zoura*
Moveset: Scratch, Leer, Pursuit

After a while, I just couldn't stay standing anymore. I knew I couldn't sleep from all the thoughts running in my head so I just sat down on my haunches, pondering. At that action an image popped into my head of what I must look like on the outside: Sad and desperate, a pokemon hoping to be adopted by someone and then taken to a new home. Either that or I just looked like a kicked puppy. For some reason that thought made me snicker, not that I approved of animal abuse of course.

I'd actually considered it, briefly. Being adopted. If I did that, perhaps I could be able to find out what happened to me sooner, how Silph Co was connected to all of it, and then become human again. But what if my new ‘owner’ was some wackjob? Was it worth the risk? My position was a precarious one. Then another alternative came to the surface—escaping. Immediately I pushed that thought away. It would do no good, especially since I had no idea where I was in the first place.

“Well, aren’t you a cutie.” A feminine voice said.

My body tensed, expecting to see another human, but instead was surprised to see a Roserade looking at me. Unlike most of the Roserades I’d seen during my travels in Sinnoh, this one had purple hair instead of white.

“The name’s Rarity, dear.” The pokemon said with a gentle smile. “What’s your name?”

I narrowed my eyes. “Why do you ask?” I didn’t mean to sound so rude, but I couldn’t help it.

Rarity chuckled. “Why dear, I’m simply wondering if you’d like to come home with my master, that’s all.”

Something like hope stirred in my stomach. A trainer, maybe? I decided to take a shot at it. “Yuuki.” I murmered. “The name’s Yukki.” As her smile grew wider I added, “Can I see your master though? It’d make me feel more comfortable. “

Arceus, I hoped he wasn’t some weirdo. No--actually I prayed.

REAL DADS

Shampoo Thief
Jeremy the Wooper

Jeremy was beginning to panic. He did not like being put on display for humans to judge him. He did not like being trapped in a cage. He wanted to be out of there. He needed to get back to Silph. Co. in order to find out what happened! He started to call out for help, when water began to dribble from his mouth. Embarrassed, he closed his mouth and stopped his yelling. That was odd. After regaining his composure, he started hitting the glass in an attempt to get out. Since he had no hands, he was using his tail. However, this caused him to lose balance, and he slipped back into the water, where he let himself sink to the bottom. As he was laying there, he noticed a rather large boy walk by his tank and tap on the glass. When Jeremy had no reaction, the boy said “I don’t want that pokemon, it’s boring" and moved on to the next.

But maybe he was going about this the wrong way. Maybe he needed to be adopted in order to get out of here. The thought of being stuck into a pokeball made Jeremy uneasy. Also, he would have no hope of getting to Silph. if he was given to a new trainer to start their journey. He hoped he wouldn't get fired for his absence at Silph Co. He couldn't afford to be fired again. Someone get me out of here Jeremy begged to no one in particular. I want to get my arms back...

Jeremy opened his mouth, and some air bubbles escaped and floated to the top. On the bright side of this whole situation, being able to breathe under water was really nice. He could get used to that.

Last edited:

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
Bone, Shiny Purrloin

A trainer who appearantly participated in contests had entered the building. He had three Pokemon with him, and I shrunk back into my cage. I did NOT want to participate in contests, not even if I could go back to my old ways. The Roserade, Rapidash, and Kadabra all went off to find some Pokemon for the guy. He then went to go do who-knows-what. "Lazy idiot," I muttered to myself. I grabbed my food bowl and pulled back into the corner with me so I could have some solitude.

Even then, the walls in my cage weren't soundproof, and I could hear as some idiot entered the agency with his whiny son. The kid wandered around, yelling about what he wanted and didn't want. Eventually, he found himself infront of my cage, and his eyes widened.

"Daddy, I want that Shiny Purrloin!" he wailed. One of the caretakers happened to be close by and walked up to the cage. He opened it and reached in to grab me. I promptly hissed at the fool and scratched at his hands.

The caretaker looked embarrassed, and finally managed to get a hold of me after putting on protective gloves. I was kicking and wailing as he pulled me out. The man put a hand over my mouth and said, "This Purrloin is one of the few survivors of the incedent that happened a while back--"

"The one where that police officer lost an eye?" The father of the brat asked. He looked a little worried.

"Yup," the caretaker answered. The father looked horrifed at this man's answer. The son didn't seem to care.

"I don't care! I want a shiny Purrloin!" he wailed. The man looked at his son angrily, glared at me, and stated that they would not be adopting me. The caretaker put me back in my cage. I sighed with relief. The only thing that could have been worse than going home with a contest trainer would be going home with a wild brat.

(Quick OOC: At the majority of adoption centers I've been to, there have been more than one helper around. If there isn't here, then I'll edit my post.)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
OOC: It was supposed to be just Miranda and her Grandma, but it's not a big deal, so don't worry about it. We can give part-time caretaker dude a name and personality as we go along.

I'll story post later.

EDIT: I've just been informed that you guys are waiting for me to update this post. I had no intentions of updating this post, 'story post later' means I'm going to wait for you guys to post some more before making a post of my own. I've never had this problem before with that comment, so I really didn't know why everyone had stopped posting. Anyways, feel free to make your posts!

Last edited:

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
Lilla Melody, Blind Pokemon Trainer
Current team: Psychic the Espeon

The doors to the adoption center burst open as Lilla Melody walked in. She had been waiting for this day for as long as she had lived. She held her white cane in her right hand and waved it around wildly. She tapped a few things with it, feeling her way around. Standing next to her was Psychic, her older sister, Jewel's, Espeon. The Espeon stood infront of Lilla, preventing her from moving forward. She glared at the Pokemon.

Lilla, just keep walking straight. The manager of this establishment is straight ahead. You don't need to wack everything with your cane, Psychic said in Lilla's mind. The young girl nodded and walked until she came upon the woman in charge-- Miranda, her mother told her. She walked until she came upon Miranda. She gently hit her with the cane, making Psychic softly growl, before saying, "I'm here to get some Pokemon."

"Well, sure-- wait a minute, are you related to Jewel Melody? Miss Kanto of 1999?" Miranda asked curiously.

"Well, yeah. She's my older sister," Lilla stated.

"Oh my gosh! Jewel has been one of my role models ever since I was little! This is so exciting! I'd be glad to help you get your first Pokemon," Miranda said cheerfully. She grasped Lilla's hand and said, "What type of Pokemon are you searching for?"

"Well, any kind, really. I want Pokemon who will stay loyal to me, though," she said. Psychic looked at Miranda and "said," She's blind, you know. We would prefer Psychic typed Pokemon, but Lilla doesn't want a full team of Psychics.

Psychic's voice startled Miranda, but she replied, "Okay then." She then walked over to the first cage that caught her eye, guiding Lilla and Psychic.

OoC: If you want Lilla to adopt your character, VM or PM me. Otherwise I'll just have her adopt NPCs. Also, I decided that if Miranda watched Pokemon contests she would watch human contests. It also says in the sign-ups that she's a young woman, and I'm guessing that this takes place in 2012. Miranda would have been younger then, so...that's that.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Ian the Gallade

I sat back in the shadows as a young girl approached the Adoption Center. Beside her I could see an Espeon, which walked a little bit behind the tip of the cane she was tapping around repeatedly. I could only conclude that she was blind, from the vacant look on her face, and the fact that I could feel the wisps of psychic power that indicated telepathic speech.

I considered briefly, watching the girl disappear. I wasn’t willing to let her be my trainer, but I liked the look of the girl. Slowly I reached out towards her mentally, being careful not to seem hostile, mostly to avoid bringing the Espeon’s attention my way. In terms of psychic power the feline Pokémon would crush me in an instant, unless I got there first.
However at the last minute I changed my mind about contacting the girl, to avoid any kind of ire of her Pokémon.

Instead I noticed a window that would allow me to look into the building, and feeling daring, I charged up a Teleport, and with a brief bit of focus, slipped through the fabric of space to stand in the shadows staring into the adoption center.

Taking quick stock of the Pokémon in the building, I immediately identified several who looked interesting. A Joltik, a Zorua, and an Absol, who looked annoyed, even for that species all caught my attention. I focused on all three, trying to gauge the mood of each.

The Joltik’s mind felt familiar, and I realized that the little Pokémon was the one with whom I had recently been conversing. The Absol felt annoyed, and hostile, with projected thoughts about being human. The Zorua interested me greatly, seeming to be confused. I reached out mentally, gritting my teeth at the disgusting feel of the dark types mind.

“Hello little one.” I smirked knowing that phrase would annoy the little Pokémon. “Do you need any help?” I wasn’t trying to be coy or anything, but I also decided that messing with the little Pokémon would be worth it.

(OOC: What is with all the MLP references?)

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(SoulMuse: just let it be, MLP is very popular right now, and like with all fads, people are going to name/model their pokemon after it)

(winterbreezerule: I wouldn’t mind if Lilla adopts Joule, but I think she’d have to fight Louis for her. Actually it would be funny to see them fight over a pokemon, not that I think Voltik is a pokemon many trainers would fight over, but maybe there is a pokemon here they would fight over…)

*Joule the Voltik*

“Well if there is anything I can do to help you, such as breaking you out for instance, I will try to be of assistance.” replied the psychic voice politely, as Joule hid at the bottom of her cage.

Soon the danger of being adopted by the chubby boy over, he had ironically found a Munchlax (some of you seem to have missed this, but if we all just assume it happened after the other posts, then no harm done), so Joule perked up a little, looking around again. A new trainer had come in with Miranda, she had a white cane and was joined by a Espeon. Blind, Joule realized, Espeon must be her seeing eye pokemon. Joule watched as Miranda introduced this trainer to pokemon. How should she react when they get to her?

Miranda’s Grandma appeared in the doorway. She waved to her granddaughter, “Lunch!”

“I’ll be in, in a few minutes Grandma,” replied Miranda nodding to her, “I have to help these trainers first.” Joule figured that was more for the girl than the lazy coordinator, but saying it that way was a lot politer.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
(OOC: Hey, he isn't lazy, he just trusts Houdini. >:O

Yeah, I know he looks lazy from the perspective of others, but he knows how smart Houdini is, and he himself realizes that Houdini is a better choice maker than he is. Besides, Houdini can actually talk to Pokemon, so the whole process is easier for him anyway. Just wanted to make that clear, just in case.)

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
*Yuuki the Zoura*
Moveset: Scratch, Leer, Pursuit

Apparently, praying wasn’t enough. I waited at least twenty minutes for Rarity and her trainer to reappear outside my cage before at last realizing she wasn’t coming back. I gritted my teeth in frustration; I had never had had good luck in the first place, so why would anything suddenly good happen to me now?

Without any warning I suddenly felt a wave of fatigue hit, and I realized how badly I had been hoping to see Rarity again, only to disappointed in the end. My body was a ton of bricks from not resting at all since I had woken up in this place.

Before I could find a proper position to sleep in, I heard what sounded like a voice. Frowning, I peered out in between the bars of the cage to find its source, but found nothing. It took me a second to consider that the voice could actually just be in my head. It took me another second to figure out that it wasn’t my own. Telepathy? I could sense that some sort of Psychic energy was involved, so it could only be a pokemon.

“Hello little one,” The voice murmured inside my head, its tone obviously masculine. “Do you need any help?” It seemed to be…toying with me?

I scowled, not enjoying being bothered by some stranger. “Help?” I answered bitterly. “Oh yes, yes, I need help getting out of here. After all, it’s not every day that a human girl suddenly wakes up to find out she’s a pokemon, with no recollection of the transformation therein, now is it?” I paused. “Are you really here to provide assistance, or are you just messing with me out of boredom? If it’s the latter, go jump off a cliff please. Nothing in the brochure here mentioned anything about morons.”

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Ian the Gallade

I wasn’t sure what I was expecting the little Zorua’s response to be, but I wasn’t disappointed.

Help?” the Zorua answered bitterly. “Oh yes, yes, I need help getting out of here. After all, it’s not every day that a human girl suddenly wakes up to find out she’s a Pokémon, with no recollection of the transformation therein, now is it?” the Zorua, who sounded feminine, paused. “Are you really here to provide assistance, or are you just messing with me out of boredom? If it’s the latter, go jump off a cliff please. Nothing in the brochure here mentioned anything about morons.” I had to admit, the rant was impressive. I pointed ignored the bit about being human for the time being.

“Glad to get the off your shoulders?” I snarked. “To answer your question, yes I really am here to provide assistance, and not just mess with you. Given your current situation I would guess that you would like to get out of this building correct?” I paused, considering the wisdom of actually suggesting I my idea. “I could get you out of there, but I would need a little time…” I trailed off. A little time was an understatement; I needed a fair bit of time to: cut the bars, and then Teleport out, while dragging along a dark type.

I saw the lips of the girl who was showing the trainers around move; allow I couldn’t understand what was said. I sighed internally. “Just to show you that I am not some voice in your head,” I sent towards the Zorua, “If you look at the window in front of your cage, I am looking inside at you right now." I cut the communication to prepare a short ranged teleport, along with charging up twin Psycho Cuts.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
OOC: Billy Mays, I wasn't acturally judging you, 'lazy' is the opinion that Joule would have from her point of veiw (she was less in-tune with her pokemon while human). Since I'm RPing from her point of veiw, it's the comment I chose. He could also appear as 'detached', as though he dosn't care about bonding with the pokemon, he just wants one that will preform well in contest.

Again, I'll post an RPG post later... so just keep on posting guys.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
OOC: Just a word of warning, all posts should be an actual post instead of OOC stuff. If people aren't posting and you're waiting on them, pm or vm them. Posting just OOC stuff can cause this rpg to be closed. I recommend comments directed at others to just pm/vm each other. it saves cluttering and lets the rpers read what needs to be read.

OOC2: I like to believe that dark type pokemon aren't able to communicate with psychics readily unless they're friendly enough with them to allow for such communications as in game, most psychic attacks on dark pokemon don't work, so it should be the same with telepathic communications and mind reading not being accessable unless both psychic and dark pokemon are friendly with each other.

Sepra Xalve
Absol

I officially hate adoption centers now, especially with my enhanced hearing and smell. Its way too noisy and occasionally there is a waft of foul air, from where I didn’t know. I couldn’t even sleep my worries away with the amount of noises going on. I was beginning to become irritated as I opened my eyes to look around. If I was going to sleep, I’d need them to shut up, but it probably would be unlikely with all the bustling of people coming in and out. I really didn’t like the looks some of those adopters had when they walked in, but what surprised me was a person walking in with an espeon while holding a white cane. Since she was young and her eyes seemed to be unfocused, she had to be blind. I held back my internal disgust. While I wasn’t against handicapped people, they got too much special treatment in society, often reaping services that usually were reserved for wealthy people. If they actually treated them like they were normal and offered some services that would actually help them, not pamper them, I wouldn’t be so annoyed with handicapped people.

One fact that I did know that was given to handicapped people was the capacity to carry seven pokemon on them. Of course they were limited to a six-on-six battle, but they had access to what would normally require special recommendations from a professor, a clean criminal record, and display that they were capable of handling more than six at a time. Usually, they required to have done well in either the grand festivals or pokemon leagues. Not even professors themselves had that luxury. I frowned a bit when I saw espeon look in my direction. I hope it wasn’t going to read my mind or speak to me in my mind. That was one thing I didn’t like about psychic pokemon. They had a habit of speaking to others with their mind. It was a mixed blessing, allowing humans and pokemon to converse with others without the language barrier being an issue. At the same time, hearing voices in your head and having your thoughts being read so that you literally couldn’t hide anything was definitely a problem. I just hoped that espeon wasn’t reading my mind.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Okay, (Slipomatic) is right: We don’t need so much thread clutter. So don’t post any more OOC posts unless it’s actually important.

And while we’re on that subject of important OOCs; (Slipomatic), I’ve already explained to (wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle) and (Billy Mays), that no one, blind or not, is allowed more than 6 team pokemon. That is standard pokemon team rules. If a wild or already owned pokemon (belonging to another player) follows you around however, that’s another issue.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Kyler Mallory
Vulpix

Kyler's face distorted in sleep as numerous noises and pokemon cries filled her ears. Her eyes fluttered open to take in the light that flooded in through the windows. She could see numerous pokemon in cages, but the thing that disturbed her the most was now she was in a cage!

Kyler threw her hands on the bars and called out to those who could listen.
"Hello? What's happening?" She shouted. "Why am I in a cage!" She tried to shake them, but they wouldn't budge. "Help! Somebody he-" She looked down at her 'hands' and finally realized they weren't the ones she remembered.
She gasped and pulled them back to get a closer look at them.
"Paws..." She said with horror. "Paws....?" She turned around to try and get a better look at herself, but when she tried to turn around, all she could see was a series a furry reddish-brown tails.
"What's going on here?!" She screamed. She was horrified. She distinctively remembered being human before, but if that was true, why was she a pokemon now?

"Okay, first things first." Kyler tried to calm herself down. "I need to find out where I am. Once that's cleared, I can find out what I've become and what I can do to get out of this," she shook the bars futiley, "cage!"
Surveying the room she saw many pokemon out of cages as well as within them, but among those, she saw an Espeon.
"Excuse me!" she called out of her prison, "Hey, uh....Espeon? Could you come over here?" She could see the purple velvety pokemon look around before looking her way.
"Oh, yes, thank you, could you please tell me where I am?" She asked with curteousy.
"Yeah, your in the Pokemon Adoption Center." The Espeon said with little to no alarm.
Adoption? I'm up for adoption?!
"Oh, uh," Kyler tried to keep smiling for the sake of the conversation, but a nervous laugh escaped her lips. "I don't suppose you would mind telling me how I look, would you?"
The Espeon didn't seemed phased by that question either.
"You look fine, I guess." Was the answer, "Just a regular Vulpix."

The news struck her like a bullet train. She felt woozy, but tried to stand up on all fours, which she now realized she had, only to yelp in pain. Her back right leg was heavily bruised.
"What in the world?" She tried to remember if she had that as a human or not while favoring the leg.
"You are a bit smaller than most though," The Esepon responded again.
Kyler backed into her corner and sat down.
"This can't be happening there's just no way." She shook her head and breathed heavily. Even if there was a way out of here, what would she do in the woods or the wild? Try and figure out where in the regions she was? She could be in any of the regions for all she knew! Maybe it would be a long trip home, but what were the odds she'd get there? She was smaller than most, apparently, and what happens to small creatures in a forest filled with larger more dominant creatures? They get attacked, beaten, chased, eaten!
Tears formed in her eyes. What was going to happen to her?
She noticed a small bowl filled with pellets and another with water. She didn't bother to taste them. Instead she just curled up in a ball in her now Vulpix body and quivered.

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Kate the Mudkip

Kate noticed a small Vulpix struggling and arguing with an Espeon. She heard that the Vulpix, like her, had once been a human, but was making a lot more fuss over it. Kate had started giving up all hope of returning to her human form, and instead just sat, depressed, in her aquarium. It had been a while since she had first seen the Kadabra and it's coordinator owner, but she felt as if being adopted by the coordinator was her only hope, her only chance to get away from the crowded agency, her only connection to the outside world. There wasn't much to miss back in her human life, but, after hearing other Pokemon with similar tales to her, she couldn't help wondering about what had happended to her human form, if it was just a still, lifeless body, if it had just vanished off the face of the Earth, or even if she had no human body at all.

No. She used to be a human. That's all. Now she's just a perfectly normal Mudkip, who has been placed into adoption. She has four legs, instead of two, and her skin in slippery and wet. Big deal. Her skin as a human was never clean, anyway, so she can take this a relief. Maybe. If the coordinator didn't take her away, then what would happen to her? No. The coordinator will take her away, she thought, and that's the end of that.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Kyler Mallory
Vulpix

Kyler sat curled up in a ball while watching other pokemon in their own cages across from her. One was a Mudkip, who seemed to be enjoying herself by swimming around in her small pool of water. Why was she so darn happy? She was in here for adoption!
Kyler couldn't help being a bit confused about her situation as well as the other pokemon's. She pondered on how she could've gotten into this situation in the first place.

"What a minute," she said quietly, "If I'm in an adoption facility, then that means that I was left here by someone." This new thought circled through her head. "But I don't belong to anyone, except maybe my parents, where would someone get the idea that they own me?" Kyler decided to push these troublesome thoughts from her head so she could think. If she was in here, then it has to be for a reason, what that reason was, she didn't know.

Kyler stretched out her bad leg, just be sure that it still worked. It didn't hurt when she stretched it, giving her false asumptions that it was better.
"Well, that wasn't so bad-
She placed full weight on it and recoiled instantly.
"Aah, that really hurts!" She sat down on her rear again. "Looks like any chance I had of escaping is scrapped with this leg." She looked around to the other pokemon in the shelter: A Ralts, a Joltik, Mudkip, and....she leaned her head as far back in her cage as she could to look farther, but she couldn't see much else.
"Looks like my only chance of getting out of here is," she tried to swallow, but her throat was dry, "To be adopted by someone else." She could only hope the person would be as kind to her as she was to her own pokemon.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(Norns: that’s conjecture, she never actually said she was human to Espeon)

*Joule the Voltik*

Joule continued to observe the adoption center waiting for her chance to make a good impression on a reasonable trainer so that she could get out of here and figure out how to get her human body. She overheard a Vulpix talking to the blind girl’s Espeon. She seemed confused as to how she got here as well. Joule moved over to the edge of her cage straining to listen.

"Yeah, your in the Pokemon Adoption Center."
"Oh, uh, I don't suppose you would mind telling me how I look, would you?"
"You look fine, I guess. Just a regular Vulpix."
"What in the world?"
"You are a bit smaller than most though,"
"This can't be happening there's just no way."

After the converstion, Vulpix muttered something softly to itself that Joule couldn’t make out. It then tried to comfort it’s apparently injured leg, but just ended up hurting it more. Poor thing, how did that happen?

Joule climbed up the wall of her cage a bit to be more level with the other pokemon. She called out, “Hey! Hey! Vulpix! I heard you talking with Espeon. I don’t know how I got here either! It might sound stupid, but I used to be human. But if neither of us can remember how we got here, maybe there’s a connection anyways.”