• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something Sinister from Silph Co (RP Thread)

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Ian the Gallade

Jeremy looked pensive at my suggestion. ““They are always doing strange experiments, so it is possible that they accidently turned me into a Pokémon. That’s not unheard of, right? Didn't Bill do an experiment once that turned him into a Pokémon?"

I snorted. “Yes, Bill turned himself into a Pokémon, however I see several key differences between what he did and what has happened to you. Most obviously, Bill retained his memories of what occurred, and was capable of communicating with humans normally, or at least if what I was told is correct.” Before I could go on, Yukki interrupted.

“Strange experiments? Bill?” She inquired softly. “I still don’t understand any of this, nor how Silph Co is even involved in the first place.” she sighed. “This definitely isn’t Sinnoh anymore. I’ve been meaning to ask this for a while; where the heck am I?”

I groaned. Bloody heck, I remembered Yukki mentioning that she was from another region, but I hadn’t even considered that she wouldn’t know what Silph Co was.

“Bill is the man who created the regional PC storage in Kanto. At some point before the serious uprising of Team Rocket, Bill created a machine that turned him into a Pokémon, I think a Clefairy. But beyond that, Silph Co…is well, a company that produces a variety of things. They have been involved in a number of…numerous…..criminal activities.” I shrugged. “At least, that is what I have been told. Oh, and you are a bit of a ways from home, in the Kanto region.”

“Jeremy, I highly doubt the scientist from Silph Co. would “accidentally” turn you into a Pokémon. I am more inclined to believe that they would intentionally turn you into a Pokémon, a theory I would say is supported by the fact you have no recollection of who you were when you got changed, along with a generally hazy memory.”

I sat back, taking in the response the two had.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
OCC: Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been on vacation

Kyler Mallory
Vulpix

Kyler gave a small smile to which the Kadabra then responded.
"Kyler. A simple yet lovely name. I see you have wounded leg, did you perhaps get it from an abusive trainer? Or just an unfortunate mishap?"

Kyler straightened up and looked to her back right leg. She guessed it was only natural that others would notice despite her attempts to hide it.
"Actually I-
She stopped for a second before finishing. She attained that injury when she was human, but there was little doubt that the Kadabra wouldn't believe her. She tried to answer it as much as she could without revealing her human past and remembered her new found motto about it. - If no one asked her about being human, she was not to say anything-
Good self motto for someone being in a position where this has never happened before.

"Well, I was ambushed and attacked by a man while trying to get home. He slammed me down and caused this," she lifted her back leg. It was the truth, just the fact that she was human when it happened.

"Hey guys, we're moving out! Come on now!" Kyler heard Louis say before she trotted off with Kadabra.

"Our master calls us," he said and the constant reminder that she had a master rang true once again, but she was ready to take on the trials, possible opportunities and ironic freedom that came with them.

REAL DADS

Shampoo Thief
Jeremy Abberworth, Wooper

After Jeremy mentioned Bill's experiment, Ian let out a snort and replied, “Yes, Bill turned himself into a Pokémon, however I see several key differences between what he did and what has happened to you. Most obviously, Bill retained his memories of what occurred, and was capable of communicating with humans normally, or at least if what I was told is correct.”

"Oh" he said quietly while Yukki started asking questions, clearly confused. Jeremy tuned out Ian's response to her, it was all information he already knew. He grew up in Kanto so he knew all about Bill, and he works at Silph so he knows what they do. Well, sort of. What did they do? They make inventions and such... He snapped out of his thoughts when Ian addressed him again.

“Jeremy, I highly doubt the scientist from Silph Co. would “accidentally” turn you into a Pokémon. I am more inclined to believe that they would intentionally turn you into a Pokémon, a theory I would say is supported by the fact you have no recollection of who you were when you got changed, along with a generally hazy memory.”

"But they wouldn't do this to me on purpose, why would they? And if it was on purpose, why would they send us to an adoption center? But my loss of the exact events are unsettling... None of this makes any sense to me. Do you have a plan on what we could do?"

strategiser24

Mewtwo is awesome!
OOC: Sorry for, yet again, being late. I was in another country over the weekend, and I couldn't find a wi-fi network.

Jerry Litsner
Trainer

"Hey guys, we're moving out! Come on now!" Louis called out.

Jerry felt something at his feet, and looked down to see Umbreon grumbling at him. Upset, he clanged to Jerry's leg loke he did when he found him straded at sea years ago. Although, this time, he didn't look physically hurt; from the look in his eye, Jerry could tell he may have had his feelings hurt...or mabe he was just trying to suck up to him now that he had competition. "Quit the drama guys and lets go!" Jerry ordered the three Pokemon, "I'd like to have a few things today be good,"

Archen stayed with the Absol as Umbreon continued to cling to Jerry as they began to leave the adoption center. "Will you let go of my leg please?" Jerry asked, looking down with shame, "You're reminding me of...Just let go,"

Umbreon slowly backed away from Jerry as the group left the front door of the adoption center. Relieved, Jerry turned his attention away from Umbreon and looked at the five Pokemon Louis had with him. They all seemed to get along well with eachother, unlike his team. Master, Umbreon asked, You know what today is, right?

Jerry's good mood was quickly broken by Umbreon as he asked that question. "You really like to remind of today, don't you?" Jerry said, growing increasingly frustrated, "I'm no hero, and I've had to say that for the last 15 years so you'd quit reminding me that I'm not. So WHY are you bringing it up again?!"

With all due respect master, I know. It's just...I thought I heard the Joltik say that she was human, Umbreon answered, trying not to look ashamed.

Jerry stopped walking and froze briefly after hearing Umbreon's explanation. Looking at the Joltik riding Louis's Ponyta, Jerry thought for a long moment about what the Adoption Center clerk had said earlier. You're the one who saved the 217th fleet years ago, right?

"I know what you're trying to say, and I'm telling you that this has nothing to do with that," Jerry said out loud, noticing that Umbreon still didn't look convinced, "I made a mistake, but then I fixed it! There's no way they could've done anything to them!! Isn't that enough?!"

Umbreon looked at Jerry in surprise as he scolded ad yelled at him. Jerry face lit up as he realized everything he'd just said was out loud; he'd allowed his emotions to get the better of him at the worst possible moment. Jerry quickly stopped looking at Umbreon and continued walking like nothing happened, but it was quite obvious that he was embarrassed, and that someone was bound to ask him a few questions after an outburst like that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Archen stared at the Umbreon as he clung to Jerry after being stood up by the Absol. "You really aren't one for boys, are you?" Archen asked, looking back at her.

As the group left the adoption center, Umbreon continued to scratch Jerry's leg, after being embarrassed in front of both Absol and Archen. What she said, actually, wasn't totally wrong. He'd done the same act with Archen when Jerry first caught her. Although, since they'd had quite some time together, she'd warmed up to him, but still never lost her opinion of how he treated the
'new girl.' Still, se felt a little sorry for Umbreon at this point, seeing that he didn't want to talk with them for the moment. "That was a little harsh, don't you think?" Archen asked the Absol, "He treated me the same way when I was caught by Jerry, but he's not that bad,"

Archen continued to talk with the Absol as they left the adoption center. "...Well, I suppose I understand you," she continued, trying to act welcoming, "I felt the same as you when he found me: scared, nervous, and annoyed with his attitude...but I can tell that you're not one to let it get to you: I like that. Hey, if you ever want to talk girl to girl, I'm here for you,"

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Sepra Xalve
Absol

I held back a snicker when I saw umbreon clinging onto our trainer. Funny thing was, I still didn’t know the name of our trainer. I was distracted from him when the bird decided to talk to me, asking if I was a little bit too harsh on him. I snickered at this and shook my head as she told me a bit about when she was first treated by him. If this was how he treated new pokemon on the team, this would give me loads of fun to tease him. I felt though that I needed to tell the bird as she seemed friendly, well at least part of it.

I made sure that it was only between me and the bird. I didn’t want umbreon to hear this bit of information. “To be honest, I wasn’t really scared about being captured or being annoyed with his attitude. I was more or less scared about a small bit of information about myself that I didn’t know until just before I was captured. Trust me on this, its scary when something you thought you knew so well turned out to be wrong. That was why I acted a bit nervous and scared.”

I was somewhat grateful that we were moving as it meant I didn’t have to look back at that miserable adoption center. Their pokemon food was too bland and tasteless for me. It lacked any flavor that would make it much more bearable. Still, I didn’t like the fact that the bird I was talking to was pretty short compared to me. I guess that was one thing that I couldn’t complain too much about.

The bird distracted me from my thoughts again with a reply which I wasn’t expecting to hear. “I see… I guess that would make me nervous and afraid if what I knew to be true was wrong. But I still wouldn’t take my problems out on another pokemon.”

I sighed a bit and decided to switch the topic as philosophy never did go well with me. I decided to ask what was bugging me for a while. “I haven’t seen your kind at all. Could you tell me what species you’re called and what your name is?”

The bird smiled, revealing some sharp teeth that instilled a slight chill in me, and said, “Well, my species is archen and my name is Archen.”

I had to hold back myself from shaking my head when she repeated her name being the same as her species. “Well Archen, my name is Sepra.” I would have held out my paw for her to shake with her wing, but we were moving so I had to keep moving.

Archen nodded and said, “It’s a nice, if a bit weird, name Sepra. It doesn’t sound like a name that fits your species.”

I shook my head and said, “Well, I don’t mind my name and I like it if it helps me stick out. By the way, what is the name of our trainer?”

Archen quickly replied, “Our master’s name is Jerry, but it’s easier if we call him master. He is after all, the one training us.”

I nodded and both of us fell quiet as we continued to follow our trainer. That was until a gurgle behind me was heard and I looked around to see where it came from. I saw that Archen looked amused and I had to ask, “Where did that gurgle come from?”

Archen snickered and pointed at me and then it finally clicked and I felt myself blushing in embarrassment. Now that I think about food, I was terribly hungry. I didn’t eat this morning as the food was terrible and now I was paying the price for it. I was really hungry and now I felt slightly weak.

A faint smell flickered into my nose and I slowly started drooling when I recognized the smell. I heard a small sigh beside me and I quickly wiped the drool that was forming around my mouth with my paw. I blushed some more and quietly said, “I skipped breakfast as the food at the adoption center was so bland it was like eating sand. I’m just really hungry and I love eating good food.” I idly drew a circle with my right paw as I was embarrassed about this little fact. I was sugar coating it a bit, but I loved to eat food when it tasted good. Often I would end up with a stomach ache and a few certain people shaking their heads at me. I was pretty sure this would happen whether I wanted to or not. I padded quickly to catch up with Jerry since both Archen and I had stopped when my stomach gurgled. I didn’t want to miss out on some good food.

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
OOC: Correction, Louis has six Pokemon, not five. Although I can't blame you for the confusion I guess, some haven't been talking as much as the others.

Louis Piere Montoya II
Coordinator

As we move along, and the Adoption Center becomes farther and farther away from view, I begin to think of what I'm going to do. The contest is in a few days, so I have less then a week to train Joule, Kyler, and the Mudkip for it. I hope they can pull off that kind of stuff. Joule is small, Kyler has a bad leg, and from the looks of it, the Mudkip is pretty clumsy, so I may have my work cut out for me.

My attention is drawn off however by the sight of Jerry's Umbreon clinging to his leg. Seeing how the Umbreon looked like a rough and serious Pokemon to me, the sight of him clinging to his master's leg like a scared puppy was a little amusing. Then, Jerry gets into a fight with his Umbreon. It was interesting, considering that I thought the only Eeveelutions that could use telepaphy were Espeons. Since it wasn't any of my buisness, I ignored their argument and looked back at my Pokemon. It was pretty cute that Applejack let Joule ride on her back, but it doesn't surprise me, since Applejack is very kind when you get to know her better. Houdini of course goes to work with talking to the Mudkip, since he hadn't had time to talk to her yet. Rarity looks a little bored; from what I can tell she's really looking forward to the National Coordinators Challenge Cup Contest, or the Quad C for short. I just wonder if HE will be there too...probably not. But if you aren't cautious, then you won't see trouble coming.

Houdini, Louis' Kadabra

Houdini was feeling pretty happy right now, mostly because Louis was happy. The Pokemon he picked were interesting to say the least, but Louis always has his reasons. He was probably as curious about them as Houdini himself was. Joule had openly said many times that she was human, and the other two gave off an odd vibe as well.

As for the trainer named Jerry and his Pokemon, Houdini was indiffrent about them. Jerry did seem to be a respectable person though, and his Umbreon's ability to use telepathy was pretty impressive, considering how hard it is to do if you aren't a Psychic type. Houdini didn't care for matters that don't involve either himself or Louis, so he payed no attention to them, at least at the moment.

Regardless, Houdini had buisness to attend to. As the group moved along, Houdini went by the Mudkip's side and matched her pace so that they were moving at the same speed. "Excuse me, but I do not believe I have heard your name yet. What do you like to be addressed as, mad'am?"

Applejack, Louis' Ponyta

Applejack was loving the freedom of the open streets, although the air didn't feel any fresher; they were in a city after all. Still, Applejack couldn't help but feel happy about being out again. She couldn't imagine actually having to spend more than a couple of hours in that Adoption Center; the thought of being held there just terrified her.

Jerry and his Umbreon were from the looks of it arguing. Applejack wasn't so sure how telepaphy worked, but when she first saw the Umbreon he didn't really come across to her as a Pokemon that can use it. His Archen and the Absol named Sepra from earlier that insulted her name were also talking, and from the looks of it Sepra didn't like the Archen's name either. Boy, that Absol sure is picky. Guess "Archen" isn't much of a nickname for an Archen though, so maybe she's right 'bout that one.

Suddenly, she felt a wierd tingley feeling go up and down her spine. It wasn't enough to jump her, but she could definately feel it. She tried thinking of what that could be when she suddenly remembered that she was carrying an Electric type on her back. She turned her head, just enough to be able to see the small Joltik. From waht she'd heard from Houdini, her name was Joule, which Applejack thought was a pretty fitting name.

"Hey, is that you that's givin' me a bit of a jolt?" She paused for a moment and felt it again. It was actually pretty nice, it reminded her of this massager that Louis bought. One time she managed to convince Louis to rub her back with it, and it felt pretty nice. "You're like a little electric massager, ain't yeh?"

Rarity, Louis' Roserade

Rarity absolutely loathed that Adoption Agency. It was so dirty, and foul, and everything Rarity disliked. She was just happy to be out of there. From the very start she knew she'd probably need to have to get used to the Pokemon Louis was going to adopt from that place, but to her surprise none of them seemed too bad. Firstly, they were all girls; besides Houdini and Louis, Rarity couldn't name a single male, both human or Pokemon, that she didn't find annoying. Second, they overall seemed like they were good canidates. Just by looking at them, you could tell they were special. Rarity just hoped they wouldn't steal any of her spotlight...

Although there were drawbacks too. For example, the Joltik, whom Houdini had confirmed that her name was Joule, was pretty nuts. She thought she was HUMAN, for Arceus' sake! It's understandable though; Rarity could imagine that she'd go crazy too if she had been abused by her trainer and left to wither (Get it? Because she's a plant?) in that Adoption Center.

She could hear Jerry getting mad at his Umbreon, whom apparently had telepathy. She always loved gossip, but unfortunately since the Umbreon was using telepaphy she could only hear half of the conversation.

"You really like to remind of today, don't you? I'm no hero, and I've had to say that for the last 15 years so you'd quit reminding me that I'm not. So WHY are you bringing it up again?!" He looked over to see Joule riding Applejack. Odd, are they talking about Joule? Or maybe Applejack perhaps? She of course had no idea what they were talking about, but she had a feeling him looknig that way was for a reason. "I know what you're trying to say, and I'm telling you that this has nothing to do with that," Jerry said out loud, "I made a mistake, but then I fixed it! There's no way they could've done anything to them!! Isn't that enough?!"

Now that especially had to make Rarity think for a moment. A mistake, that he fixed? And it had something to do with Joule? Perhaps he was her old trainer? Or maybe he caused an accident that made her lose her marbles? Maybe she could ask about it later, maybe Joule knows the man, or maybe she could ask the Umbreon, he sure seemed to know as mcuh as Jerry did.

Rarity didn't want to just hold onto her thoughts, but Houdini was talking to the Mudkip, and Applejack was talking to Joule, saying something stupid about massagers or something. So Rarity decided to get friendly with the cute Vulpix with the bad leg, which she was doing a terrible job at trying to hide. "Have you seen the trainer named Jerry and his Umbreon? What on earth do you think they could be talking about?" Now that Rarity thought about it, she felt that maybe Jerry was adopting in the first place because he felt guilty about something. But what?

(OOC: Wanted to do a bit of character building with this post, so you get to see pretty much the same situation from Louis, and all three of his Pokemon. And I took advantage of certain things, like I used Jerry's conversation to show how each character reacts; How Louis and Houdini completely ignore it, Applejack is more interested in Sepra and Archen's conversation, and Rarity listens to it like it's juicy gossip.)

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(Billy Mays) Umbreon can learn moves like Pyschic and Dream Eater, it not completely unreasonable one could be telepathic.

*Joule the Voltik*

As they headed out, Joule noticed Jerry and Umbreon seemed to be having some sort of argument, but only hearing Jerry’s side, it was too hard for her to follow. Applejack didn’t seem interested either, turning her attention to Jerry’s other pokemon. After a moment she looked up at Joule, "Hey, is that you that's givin' me a bit of a jolt? You're like a little electric massager, ain't yeh?"

“Sorry,” laughed Joule, “I think between your fur and my Electrical Typing, that it’s creating a stockpile of static electricity. I read somewhere that Electrical Pokemon have special pouches to store electricity in, but I imagine mine’s not very big.”

“I’ll try to discharge some of it,” suggested Joule jumping down. She targeted a nearby garbage can and let loose a Thunder Wave. The can sparkled briefly as though it were filled with some beautiful magic substance instead of just trash.

She scurried back over to Applejack and climbed back aboard before they were left behind.

Spacial

procrastination
Kate the Mudkip

"Excuse me, but I do not believe I have heard your name yet. What do you like to be addressed as, mad'am?" The Kadabra asked. Kate had been lost in her thoughts, and was dreamily following Louis out of the Adoption Center, thinking of the contests she'd soon be participating in. She would learn all sorts of colourful and fun moves, entertain crowds of thousands, maybe millions, and was owned by a kind man, with Kyler and all of the other pokemon. She would travel the world, and nothing from her old life would affect her. She snapped out of her daydreaming again, and replied. "Uh, I'm Kate. And you?"

The Kadabra seemed nice, polite and certainly not like the Ponyta who kicked the Purrlion back in the Adoption Center. Kate already felt half the world away from the building, although it was still visable down the road. She was already missing Miranda's sweet smile, and the hopeful young trainers who turned up there, taking Pokémon away, just like Louis was doing now. Her forehead didn't hurt much anymore, but it felt vunderable. Kate told herself not to be silly, and that her new trainer would protect her.

(OOC: Sorry I haven't been around for ages, I'll try post more now)

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Kyler Mallory
Vulpix

Kyler looked back once or twice as the adoption agency faded from view and the path continued forward into the unknown....or at least wherever this region was.
She panted as tried to keep up with the others and she wasn't doing a good job.
"Stupid leg," she growled as she tried to pick up the pace. She noticed other pokemon around her besides Louis' since he was traveling along side a much older man at the moment.
"Great," she muttered, "I can't even quite keep up with a man whose like five or six times my age," she sighed and shook her head. "Feeling sorry for myself isn't going to help anything, I need to prove that I'm not a weaklin-

She stumbled over herself, having getting her legs caught up in themselves. She took another hard dive to the ground, but quickly picked herself back up, her face burning red from embarassement if anyone saw...or maybe the burning was her own fire? Either way she tried to hold her embarassed whimpers back as she caught back up to the rest of the crowd. She started to heave in air in order to keep up, but it was wearing her out fast.
Stupid leg! she said again, but only in her mind.

"Have you seen the trainer named Jerry and his Umbreon? What on earth do you think they could be talking about?"
"Huh?" Kyler looked up to a very regal looking pokemon that she could only assume was an evolution of Roselia. What was it again? Kyler racked her brain for the evolution- Roserade! Of course!
As for Jerry and his Umbreon, Kyler saw what seemed to be a rather clingy pokemon, but she had missed most of the conversation up until now. He seemed to be giving quite a stern talking to, but it looked one-sided since Jerry was the only one talking.

"I'm not," Kyler took another deep breath to power her muscles and speech, "quite sure what they're talking about. It must be important if he's chastising him that much for it though." Kyler continued to limp along, not even bothering to cover it anymore if it meant she could move faster.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Yuuki the Zoura

At my question the Gallade groaned before answering.

“Bill is the man who created the regional PC storage in Kanto. At some point before the serious uprising of Team Rocket, Bill created a machine that turned him into a Pokémon, I think a Clefairy. But beyond that, Silph Co…is well, a company that produces a variety of things. They have been involved in a number of…numerous…..criminal activities.” He shrugged. “At least, that is what I have been told. Oh, and you are a bit of a ways from home, in the Kanto region.”

As Ian explained everything, it felt someone punched me in the gut. I knew I shouldn’t have been surprised; but I still was. I realized at that moment I really was many miles—an entire ocean’s worth—from home. Granted I hadn’t seen a lot of this region, besides that adoption center and these woods, yet it explained why I felt so out of the loop. Pidgey wasn’t native to Sinnoh after all; I had only seen it in battle once or twice, used by trainers from other parts of the world.

Then there was Silph Co and Bill. Criminal activities? A machine that turned a human into a pokemon? Well that cleared up a lot.

“Jeremy, I highly doubt the scientist from Silph Co. would “accidentally” turn you into a Pokémon. I am more inclined to believe that they would intentionally turn you into a Pokémon, a theory I would say is supported by the fact you have no recollection of who you were when you got changed, along with a generally hazy memory.” The Gallade said.

Jeremy frowned, obviously confused. "But they wouldn't do this to me on purpose, why would they? And if it was on purpose, why would they send us to an adoption center? But my loss of the exact events are unsettling... None of this makes any sense to me. Do you have a plan on what we could do?"

That’s the million dollar question. But maybe…maybe that Bill guy can help. I thought. It was worth a shot. I cleared my throat.

“Arceus, this is a lot to take in.” I admitted. I could already feel a headache forming, making me wonder if there was such a thing as Tylenol for pokemon. Guess that would have to wait until later.

With a sigh I continued. “What can we do? Good question.” A pause. “Personally though, I vote we go visit this Bill guy, wherever he happens to be living. If he managed to turn himself into a pokemon perhaps he could help us somehow.”

Right now, unless a miracle suddenly happened, that looked to be our best bet.

strategiser24

Mewtwo is awesome!
Jerry Litsner
Trainer

Jerry watched as Archen and Absol talked with each other. At least they got along better than Umbreon did with Absol. Umbreon continued to follow Jerry as the group followed Louis to the diner. Louis's team seemed to be getting along just as well, with the Joltik riding the Ponyta, and the Roserade talking with the Vulpix. It seemed like none of them overheard Jerry's outburst, which was good, but it seemed like Umbreon was determined to let them know.

Jerry thought back to the day 15 years ago that he'd mentioned. Actually, it started a few days before, when he received the intelligence briefing on the mission that would lead up to that day. You are to escort a ship carrying a classified cargo. Only you and your commanding officers have clearance on board that ship, and no one, except for a select few of the ship's crew, has clearance to enter the cargo hold.

"They never made it to their destination," Jerry said to Umbreon, before realizing that he'd walked off again.

Things were getting pretty complicated. Even Jerry wasn't sure what Umbreon could be thinking, or what all this Human stuff meant. All he could do for the moment was continue following Louis to the diner, but he wondered: Did Louis have any idea about what was going on?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Umbreon

Umbreon watched Jerry deep in thought. His goal was to, at least, get Jerry to think about it. He knew that he never liked to talk about what happened, but at this point, it seemed like he needed to if they wanted to figure out why the Joltik was talking about being Human. For the moment, though, Umbreon decided it was important to, first, learn more about Louis's team.

Umbreon approached the Vulpix and the Roserade; maybe one of them was thinking just like Joltik, maybe? "I'm not," the Vulpix said, taking a deep breath and limping, "quite sure what they're talking about. It must be important if he's chastising him that much for it though,"

"You mean me?" Umbreon asked, with a grin, "He feels bad about something that happened back when he was a captain in the Navy. That, and he's confused about why that Joltik thinks she's Human...What do you two have to say?"

Archen

Archen let out a giggle after hearing about how Sepra had skipped breakfast and was hungry. "Well," she said, "We shouldn't be very far now,"

Archen watched as the Absol caught up with her as they realized they'd fallen behind Jerry. "Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't mind me asking," Archen began to ask, "What was that small bit of information you mentioned?...I mean, its not like you only found out today that you're a woman,"

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Sepra Xalve
Absol

I winced a bit at the question, inwardly thinking that was the exact reason why I freaked out. I was in turmoil as I didn’t want to reveal that I was human, but I had to at least honestly answer this part. I guess I could give a half truth.

“What I’m about to say, do not tell umbreon this for he doesn’t need to worry himself.” After making sure that Archen had nodded, I continued on with my explanation. “I’m not sure if you were told this yet, but I was rescued from a Silph Co. warehouse that burned down. Now, I’m not going to blame Silph Co., but whatever happened before hand, I have very little memories of. But one thing I was certain…” I looked around to see umbreon occupied with talking to a roserade and looked back at Archen. “I was male before something happened and I was turned into a female. I don’t know if it was from experiments or some freak accident, but I have a male mindset stuck in a female form so you can understand a bit why I freaked out when I found out I was female.”

I was absolutely embarrassed about what I actually had as it was wrong to mess with what nature gave you naturally, yet here I am, defying what nature wouldn’t allow. I was pretty sure that I could get pregnant if I was bred with a male or not if this was indeed a science experiment. I looked back at Archen to see that she had looked a bit to the side in what I guessed would be shame for asking such a question. I sighed and said, “Let’s just forget that we ever talked about this. I’m no where comfortable talking about things that in my male mindset, shouldn’t even have. I’m sure that eventually I’ll be comfortable with what I currently have.”

I started walking before a wing held onto my left shoulder and I turned to see Archen looking at me with slightly sad eyes. She softly said, “I’m sorry I didn’t know about your little secret. I guess that would explain why you were harsh on umbreon. You’re just not ready to have a close relationship with a male.”

I could have sworn that a vein had appeared on my forehead as she talked. Even though she was being sincere about this, she was just saying it in all the wrong context and I let out a low growl which caused her to stop and look at me fearfully.

I said quietly, “It is not because I’m not ready for a relationship Archen. I just need time to adjust before I start doing things seriously. Do not assume I don’t know about relationships. I definitely know it’s a lot simpler with pokemon relationships with their mates, much less complicated than humans.”

I shook my head to clear my angry thoughts and sighed as I started walking again, not really enjoying where the conversation had led to.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Kyler Mallory
Vulpix

Kyler listened as the Roserade known as Rarity talk about the Umbreon that was walking with his trainer.

Kyler turned her head back to look for the Umbreon, but became puzzled when he wasn't there.
"Hey, where'd he go?" Kyler asked Rarity.

"You mean me?" Umbreon asked, with a grin, "He feels bad about something that happened back when he was a captain in the Navy. That, and he's confused about why that Joltik thinks she's Human...What do you two have to say?"

She was a bit confused until she realized that he was talking about his owner. She didn't ask about the incident because it really wasn't any of her business, but he was bringing up the human factor about Joule. What should she say?
"Oh, I didn't see you there, but it's nice to meet you," she tried to smile. "Yeah, I was caged up pretty close to the Joltik and she told me the same thing. Personally," she thought again before speaking, "I don't think it's out of the realm of possiblity that she could be telling the truth." Kyler said a little tentatively while speaking nothing on her own human origins.

"She's very truthful from what I know, and she's not crazy so, I-I'll believe her." Kyler continued to keep up with the other pokemon.
Trying to keep her mind off her paws was one thing but trying to hide her secret was another. She was never the best at hiding her feeings she just about always wore them on her sleeve, or rather, on her fur now.

"Anyway, do you have any idea where we're heading to?" She asked just as another thought reached her mind. "Or where we are? Like do you know which region we're in?" she asked with a twinge of desperation. Her home being in Johto, she needed to see how far she was from it.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Rarity, Louis' Roserade

Rarity walked along side the Vulpix as she struggled to keep up with the group. "I'm not," she took a deep breath inbetween her sentence, "quite sure what they're talking about. It must be important if he's chastising him that much for it though." Rarity was little annoyed that she didn't really have anything to add, but she couldn't blame her.

Rarity turned back to see if they were still taking, but instead saw the Umbreon looking in their direction."You mean me?" The Umbreon asked, with a grin, "He feels bad about something that happened back when he was a captain in the Navy. That, and he's confused about why that Joltik thinks she's Human...What do you two have to say?"

"Oh, I didn't see you there, but it's nice to meet you," the Vulpix tried to smile. "Yeah, I was caged up pretty close to the Joltik and she told me the same thing. Personally," she thought again before speaking, "I don't think it's out of the realm of possiblity that she could be telling the truth. She's very truthful from what I know, and she's not crazy so, I-I'll believe her."

Rarity's narrowed her eyes a bit. "Well firstly, it's rude of you to sneak up and speak so suddenly without any indication. And second, what does him being a Captain in the Navy have to do with him worrying about Joule?"

Rarity thought for a bit though. What was with Kyler? She doesn't seem to realize how outragous a claim like that is, whether it is actually true or not. It only made her even more suspicious with what Kyler said next.

"Anyway, do you have any idea where we're heading to? Or where we are? Like do you know which region we're in?" How could she POSSIBLY not know they are in Kanto!? From what Rarity remembered, Miranda said something about getting a bunch of Pokemon from a fire that took place in a Silph Co. warehouse. If Joule is from that...

"Dear," Rarity said, addressing it towards Kyler. "We're in Kanto. May ask you a question? You wouldn't...happen to have been taken from a fire that took place in a Silph Co. warehouse, were you?"

Applejack, Louis' Ponyta

“Sorry,” laughed Joule, “I think between your fur and my Electrical Typing, that it’s creating a stockpile of static electricity. I read somewhere that Electrical Pokemon have special pouches to store electricity in, but I imagine mine’s not very big.” Applejack wasn't an electrician, but what she said made sence to her.

“I’ll try to discharge some of it,” Joule said as she hopped off, then shocked a trash can to use up her charge. She chuckled a little then said, "Alright, but watch the flames on your way back up."

Joule quickly scrambled back on top of Applejack, just as Applejack realized they were falling a little behind. She changed from a walk to a trot in order to catch up to the other, while passing Houdini and the Mudkip.

"Uh, I'm Kate. And you?" The Mudkip said. Obviously Houdini asked for her name. "Ah, I see. I am Houdini. Excuse me, I have something to say to my master."

Applejack just shook her head as she trotted by. All work and no play, that's how Houdini always was.
________________________________________________________________________________

Louis Piere Montoya II
Coordinator

I ran through all the plans in my head. I needed to keep track of everything I did for the next few days so we can get some training done. I can notice all my Pokemon getitng along, which is a good thing of course, a happy team is a prepared team. Although Rarity and Kyler look a bit worried, but it's hard for me to say.

I look ahead and see the diner in my view. But before I point it out, I feel a tap on my arm. "The Mudkip's name is Kate, master." So Kate, eh? It seems all three of them are good at picking names. "Thank you Houdini, you may do whatever you wish." Houdini nodded as usual and said, "Yes master." Before walking off again. Now that that is taken care of, I point to the diner and say, "Alright, there it is!"

I move to the front of the group so I enter it first. But as I move my hand to open the door, the door opens on it's own, because someone was already walking out. That person...Oh no...

"Louis! You are in Saffron too, ya? I see we 'ave both come to win the Quad C!" Him. I was worried he'd be here. Harvey Moiseiwitsch Volodarskii. My arch nemesis. I've ran into him so many times, I can actually pronounce his name correctly, which trust me, is pretty difficult. "Harvey. What a...pleasure to meet you." I said, trying to put my best fake grin on.

"I see you've made a few friends already! Iz always like you, to make friends wherever you go. I hope you're prepared for the contest Louis!" I pretend to laugh and say, "Of course I am! I'm always ready for a contest!"

As I say that, Harvey's two Pokemon, Angel and Bones walk out. Angel is a Togikiss, and Bones is a Marowak. They have a huge rivalry with Rarity and Applejack, which makes Houdini the only one who doesn't have any sort of rival. Of course the two of them immediately devote their attention to Harvey and his Pokemon the moment they saw them. "Anyway, I'm very busy man. I've got lots of practicing to do for ze contest. So, I guess I'll see you then! Farewell, Louis!" Harvey walked down the way we came from, with his two Pokemon following him. It's kind of odd seeing him in normal clothes, I'm used to seeing him on stage, where he wears a sparkling leotard, which he thinks is a good idea for some reason. And how is he going to compete in the contest? It requires a full team, which is why I had to adopt Joule, Kyler, and Kate...Maybe he doesn't know about that rule yet. I can only hope. Or maybe he does have a plan..in which case I guess Angel and Bones will have company.

"Ugh, I hate that guy..." I turn towards Jerry. "Sorry about that. Shall we go in now?"

OoC: I added Harvey because I felt Louis needed an antagonist character in his own little plotline. Like everyone else of course he'll get to Silph Co. eventually, but until then, he needs someone to fight against, right? Anyone can feel free to use Harvey as a NPC, including Pokemon still in the Adoption Agency. Harvey needs to get his four other Pokemon from somewhere after all... And just an fyi, some of Harvey's words looks weird because he has an Eastern European accent.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(lol… I just realized I’ve been copy and pasting Voltik instead if Joltik)

*Joule the Joltik*

Joule looked up, Jerry now seemed lost in thought. Maybe he was just one of those eccentric older guys? Suddenly she heard someone mention Joltik, “…Joltik thinks she's Human...What do you two have to say?”

Hun? They were still talking about her. Goodness, this was getting embarrassing. Pretending not to notice, Joule continued to watch the trainers. She heard Kyler speak up in her defense, "Oh, I didn't see you there, but it's nice to meet you. Yeah, I was caged up pretty close to the Joltik and she told me the same thing. Personally, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that she could be telling the truth. She's very truthful from what I know, and she's not crazy so, I-I'll believe her."

"Well firstly, it's rude of you to sneak up and speak so suddenly without any indication. And second, what does him being a Captain in the Navy have to do with him worrying about Joule?" interjected Rarity.

At least one person, er, pokemon, here didn’t think she was insane. Kyler then proceeded to change the subject, "Anyway, do you have any idea where we're heading to? Or where we are? Like do you know which region we're in?"

Oh… yes, where are we?

"Dear, we're in Kanto. May ask you a question? You wouldn't...happen to have been taken from a fire that took place in a Silph Co. warehouse, were you?" returned Rarity.

Joule kept her eyes fixed on Jerry and Louis. Some man jumped out of the diner as Louis went to open the door. After a series of fake polite comments the man left and Louis suggested they go in.

“What’s up with that?” whispered Joule in Applejack’s ear.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Kyler Mallory
Vulpix

Kyler watched as Rarity seemed to almost recoil from her previous statement.

"Dear," Rarity said, addressing it towards Kyler. "We're in Kanto. May ask you a question? You wouldn't...happen to have been taken from a fire that took place in a Silph Co. warehouse, were you?"

"Kanto," she murmured under her breath. That wasn't too far from Johto, infact, they were borders of each other. She sighed with relief at knowing she wasn't too terribly far, not like out in the hot humid regions of Hoenn, or the drawn-out landscape in Sinnoh, and especially not in the Unova region. That place was hundreds, if not thousands of miles away!
"Dear?" Rarity asked again jolting Kyler back to reality. She seemed to do that a lot.

"Well," she looked to Umbreon and then Rarity. "I guess so, I mean, that's what I was told. I just woke up there and was horrified since I was in the Johto region prior to this. And now that I know I'm in the Kanto region, so close to home, I can't help but feel sad because I can no longer go there." She didn't mean to dump her feelings out there on the dirt streets but she guessed she did.

Before she knew it she passed right into a building and passed a man with a Togekiss and a Marrowak. Louis seemed...irritated before letting the man pass him by.
Thank you She fell to her rear on the cool floor, thankful that they were no longer walking and that she could rest for at least a little bit.

strategiser24

Mewtwo is awesome!
Umbreon

"Oh, I didn't see you there, but it's nice to meet you," the Vulpix sad, attempting to smile, "Yeah, I was caged up pretty close to the Joltik and she told me the same thing. Personally...I don't think it's out of the realm of possiblity that she could be telling the truth. She's very truthful from what I know, and she's not crazy so, I-I'll believe her."

The Roserade looked at Umbreon with an irritated look on her face. "Well firstly, it's rude of you to sneak up and speak so suddenly without any indication. And second, what does him being a Captain in the Navy have to do with him worrying about Joule?"

Umbreon thought for a moment as they followed their trainers; he hadn't thought of what he was actually going to tell them when they asked about him...They'd be unikely to believe him if he told them the whole story immediately.

"Anyway, do you have any idea where we're heading to? Or where we are? Like do you know which region we're in?" the Vulpix asked.

She's joking right? Umbreon said to himself, holding back a laugh, What are they going to say next, I wonder: Am I supposed to grow fur?

"Dear," the Roserade answered, "We're in Kanto. May I ask you a question? You wouldn't...happen to have been taken from a fire that took place in a Silph Co. warehouse, were you?"

"Fire?" Umbreon asked, intrigued, "So you were on boar-..."

Umbreon froze and thought for another moment: He didn't mean to say that. That was 15 YEARS ago! Umbreon thought, scolding himself, There's no way they're still talking about a stupid fire almost a decade later!...So what happened recently?

Looking back up, Umbreon realized that the two Pokemon looked intrigued now; he hoped it was from something else.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Archen

Silph Co., a fire, and an accident... Archen thought to herself, missing much of what Sepra said. “It is not because I’m not ready for a relationship Archen," Sepra said quietly, "I just need time to adjust before I start doing things seriously. Do not assume I don’t know about relationships. I definitely know it’s a lot simpler with pokemon relationships with their mates, much less complicated than humans.”

Archen snapped out of her trance, quickly thinking of an answer. "Oh, I understand. If I was caught in a fire, I'd forget who I was too," Archen replied, suddenly realizing she hadn't thought that answer through, "...Sorry, I...didn't mean that...I've been wondering, by the way, when did all of that happen to you? Were you in a come, or asleep for a while, were you?"

Jerry Litsner
Trainer

Jerry continued to think as all nine Pokemon continued to make friends. He knew what Umbreon was trying to say to him, but he couldn't understand how this all could possibly connect. There were, still, holes that he couldn't fill, and key questions that hadn't been answered, not even after a decade and a half. Umbreon wouldn't admit it, but Jerry knew that even he wouldn't be able to prove anything he was trying to imply. However, that still didn't stop him from trying to prove it to himself.

Hearing a door open nearby, Jerry shook himself awake as he saw Louis be greeted by an...odd sounding man...Whoever he was, he looked like he knew Louis a little too well. "Excuse me," an older man said, pushing his past the man in the doorway.

Jerry took a look at the man who spotted him in his Navy hat and coat. "Well, well," he began to say, as Jerry recognized his face, "I thought I wouldn't have to see yer' face today, Major,"

...And I thought having lunch with a new friend would help me avoid him. Jerry muttered to himself. "I have a strange way of running into people...Lieutenant Matthews," Jerry answered.

"Like you did the other few times?" Matthews asked, teasing Jerry, "You're lucky i's not the 'enemy' you said you didn't know about,"

Jerry let out a heavy sigh as he watched the Lieutenant giggle. "What do you want Rufus?" Jerry asked, impatient.

"Me? Nothin'" he answered, crossing his arms, "I was just havin' lunch when you decided to come by...I thought the fiver of us agreed we're not talking or seeing each other today?"

You're the one who came up and said hi... Jerry thought to himself, about to answer his question. Matthews looked behind Jerry's shoulder and saw the array of nine Pokemon coming up behind him. Before he could make another comment, the man at the door read his mind. "I see you've made a few friends already! Iz always like you, to make friends wherever you go," he said in his exotic accent.

The two veterans turned their heads to watch the man with the accent and Louis bicker at each other like sibling rivals. Whoever the second guy was, he looked like he was a coordinator like Louis, with his Marowak and Togikiss as his Pokemon. "You know that guy Rufus?" Jerry asked, almost laughing at the two.

"Who? The funny one?" Matthews replied, letting out a chuckle, "...I think I've seen him on stage performing Procession of the Sardar, or something...Anyways, I think I've killed enough time talking to you, I've got other plans. See you around,"

Matthews followed the other coordinator down the steps of the diner, as they went in opposite directions down the road. "Ugh, I hate that guy..." Louis said, sounding annoyed.

"Tell me about it..." Jerry replied, not realizing that Louis hadn't heard his and Matthew's conversation.

"Shall we go in now?" he asked. "Yes, that would be nice" Jerry quickly answered, turning back to Louis.

The group walked into the diner, and asked for a table. Looking at Louis, Jerry could tell that he wasn't the only one who had someone that bothered them when they made a mistake, as much as dropping a quarter.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Ian the Galllade

Jeremy pondered my response for a moment, while Yukki just looked gob smacked.

"But they wouldn't do this to me on purpose, why would they? And if it was on purpose, why would they send us to an adoption center? But my loss of the exact events are unsettling... None of this makes any sense to me. Do you have a plan on what we could do?" The human turned Wooper seemed unsettled and confused, which didn’t surprise me that much.

Pondering Jeremy's words, I was forced to conced that it did seem out of place to turn a person into a pokemon and then leave then in an Adoption Center, although I chalked my personal confusion up to being a Pokemon, and not human. I had to admit, I hadn’t thought far enough ahead to have a plan. I had only gotten to the part about having a theory, but after that, I hadn’t thought all that hard. Fortunately I didn’t have to look like an idiot, since Yukki decided to speak up.

“Arceus, this is a lot to take in.” She mumbled. With a sigh, Yukki went on. “What can we do? Good question…Personally though, I vote we go visit this Bill guy, wherever he happens to be living. If he managed to turn himself into a Pokémon perhaps he could help us somehow.”

I considered for a moment. Bill would be a good choice, he had knowledge of what we were dealing with here, and not to mention, likely wouldn’t panic when I spoke to him…sounded like a plan. Getting to Bill might prove troublesome however, since I could not Teleport us north, meaning walking was the only option. I wasn’t looking forward to walking all the way to Bill’s Cottage.

“I suppose that sounds like a plan. So we go visit Bill…” I agreed with Yukki. “Although, we are going to have to walk, since can’t Teleport with a dark type that far.” I turned to Jeremy. “If you like, I could carry you so you don’t have to walk.” I offered, standing.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Sepra Xalve
Absol

I grumbled as Archen probably didn’t get the hint that I didn’t quite want to talk about this anymore. I sighed and said, “I don’t know much. My memory is fuzzy about certain details, specifically that. I don’t know what I did before hand or while I was in there.”

I just wanted to eat and move on. What I was didn’t matter anymore so long as I lived out a decent life. But right now I wanted something juicy and tasty to eat as my stomach growled again to show its displeasure of being empty. I quietly said, “I’m just an absol wanting to live out my life. Whatever happened at Silph Co., I’ll never know unless Jerry decides to investigate. But I’m content with moving on and starting off fresh.”

I was thankful when we finally entered the diner as I felt the cool air surround me. I didn’t mind the heat outside, but I definitely was starting to get too warm from my fur keeping the heat trapped. I was eager for food so I definitely felt like making my displeasure known very soon. I wasn’t sure how Jerry would react but it was worth a shot. At least I would be able to make known my problem without having to talk.

I walked to where Jerry was standing and nudged him with my head and made a soft whining noise, hoping to get his attention. I waited until he looked down at me before I made another whine and gave him a sad look before looking at the food. The food was definitely doing things to me as my stomach gave a loud rumble that time as I looked down sheepishly.
I grumbled as Archen probably didn’t get the hint that I didn’t quite want to talk about this anymore. I sighed and said, “I don’t know much. My memory is fuzzy about certain details, specifically that. I don’t know what I did before hand or while I was in there.”

I just wanted to eat and move on. What I was didn’t matter anymore so long as I lived out a decent life. But right now I wanted something juicy and tasty to eat as my stomach growled again to show its displeasure of being empty. I quietly said, “I’m just an absol wanting to live out my life. Whatever happened at Silph Co., I’ll never know unless Jerry decides to investigate. But I’m content with moving on and starting off fresh.”

I was thankful when we finally entered the diner as I felt the cool air surround me. I didn’t mind the heat outside, but I definitely was starting to get too warm from my fur keeping the heat trapped. I was eager for food so I definitely felt like making my displeasure known very soon. I wasn’t sure how Jerry would react but it was worth a shot. At least I would be able to make known my problem without having to talk.

I walked to where Jerry was standing and nudged him with my head and made a soft whining noise, hoping to get his attention. I waited until he looked down at me before I made another whine and gave him a sad look before looking at the food. The smell of food was definitely doing things to me as my stomach gave a loud rumble while I was looking up at him. I looked down sheepishly, slightly embarrassed at how loud it was. But I was sooo hungry now that I probably could give a snorlax a run for his money in terms of eating right now.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
*Joule the Joltik*

“Heck if I know,” laughed Applejack, watching Jerry, he seemed to have just met someone he didn’t like as well. Applejack followed the trainers into the Diner. Just like that, wondered Joule, do we get lunch too?

“Ooh, it’s chilly in here,” commented Applejack as they entered the Diner. Joule chuckled to herself, of course a Fire Type would think that. It was nice day out though, so the diner had their air conditioner on.

The Absol was leaning in Jerry’s leg trying to get attention, and probably food. Was it her imagination or did Absol just say something about coming from Sliph Co? That couldn’t be a coincidence. But given the conversation, it wasn’t likely Absol wanting to talk about it.

Better just try to convince Louis she used to be human, but how? Joule hopped down from Applejack’s back, and turned about looking for anything that might be useful. There was a chalkboard with the specials written on it, but both the board and the chalk were out of her reach. But maybe if she could get a writing implement in her mouth she might be able to write something…

Then she noticed a little girl with crayons in one of the booths, maybe she could get a hold of a crayon? “Eww! Go away buggy!” shouted the girl as she scurried over. The girl’s mom leaned over flicking her hands at Joule, “Shoo now, go back to your trainer.”