• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something that you regret doing in Pokemon?

Mienfoo

Martial Arts Pokémon
Is there a moment in Pokemon that you regret doing so much?

I regret trading my Jirachi to some stranger I met on Youtube. You see, there was a time (Where I live, at least) where Toys 'R' Us held a special Jirachi event. Not only Jirachi was rare, but it had an exclusive move on it that it could not be legitimately taught in-game. (That move is Draco Meteor)

But then one day, I wanted to try out using Friend Codes, so I posted my Friend Code on Youtube. Someone replied to my comment moments later with his Friend Code and all, and after that, we went on to do some trading. After trading my Jirachi, I realised that I done something that bad. I traded something very rare to get some random Pokemon that I wouldn't even care about.

I will always regret that moment... Sometimes I am waiting for another Jirachi event in the future so I can reclaim (sort of) the Jirachi I traded.

Last edited:

colorless-winter

i love my Sylveon!
i regret transferring all of my good pokemon to pokemon black. that pokemon black is currently no where to be found...

Scaldaver

Limitless
I regret looking at natures. I don't want to care about them, but when I see them I do start to care. Makes me get obsessed with natures.

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
This might get closed, because I believe there is a similar topic on the front page. Really, is it that hard to read the rules?

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I regret not teaching Houndoom Faint Attack.. Now, he have no damaging Dark-Type move

xDWarrior

This might get closed, because I believe there is a similar topic on the front page. Really, is it that hard to read the rules?

Is it really that hard to not be a jerk?

I regret trading my level 89 Nidoqueen to my brother. He started a new game):

Unoin

I kind of regret getting Simisear before the first gym in White as I can't SR for it anymore, but I didn't want any of the wild Pokemon at that stage so I had to take it

P-body

Aperture TestSubject
I kinda regret resetting my game on Pokémon Platinum (I did PokéTransfer most of my Pokémon to Pokémon Black though).

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Is it really that hard to not be a jerk?

I regret trading my level 89 Nidoqueen to my brother. He started a new game):

At what point was I being a jerk? Honestly? I had already stated that I was wrong about there being a similar topic, and I said read the rules because I thought there was a similar topic, it's done, I realized I was wrong, and you're calling me a jerk, for no specific reason. There's no need for you to attempt to escalate the situation, so please, before you call me a name, do a little bit more research.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Catching a Pokémon with one ability, then learning it can have a much better ability, which the one I caught doesn't have. FFFFFUUUUUU-

ZombifiedHorror1031

I have two large regrets when it comes to Pokemon. Most importantly would be dropping off from the series from Crystal until HGSS. I missed a ton of events because I skipped Gen III and IV initially. To a lesser degree, my other regret is not transferring the Regi trio from the Ruby cartridge I bought on the chance the game might be "hacked" somehow, or was a fake. Neither of which were true.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
I regret transferring all of my Pokemon from HG. Now I have to start over because all I have left is some weak Rattatas, Weedles, and other sucky pokemon.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
One of my bigger regrets is speeding through HeartGold (I finished it in a week, by far the shortest amount of time I have ever taken to complete a Pokemon game). I didn't give myself a chance to enjoy all the features the game had to offer, and I just didn't feel satisfied with it by the end of the game. I'd like to restart it, but that would mean losing all the events that tied in with the game, not to mention I would have to reset the Pokewalker and forgo the extra courses on there as well, so it's just kind of stuck there in limbo now. Ever since then, I've tried to slow down my pace when playing through a Pokemon game, and I've found that I enjoy the game much more that way (in fact, I still haven't beaten Black 2 yet... XD).