• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something that you regret doing in Pokemon?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
>.<;; I regret going over my saved file in FR before sending my Pokemon over. I had a shiny Paras and Onix in there. AND IT WAS MY FIrST GAME tOO XDD As well as a Female Serene Grace Togetic...can't remember the nature but...omg. I remember why I did it too. I was surfing on 7 island and my Pokemon were poisoned, I didn't feel like taking my Pokemon to the Pokemon Center...so yup.

Sea Swampert

being piratey
I vaguely remember regretting not capturing Articuno in Blue.....knocked that guy out and then saved for some reason.....should have been the other way round. Not that it matters though, Articuno wasn't exactly my fave bird.

Oh and also not capturing a shiny Koffing I met in the original silver. I thought that he was frozen as he was blue....so I put him out of his misery. :s

Last edited:

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Finding out about the glitches in gen 1 and 2. They ruined the game play.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I regret every egg move I have forgotten on my Pokemon, thinking I could get them back with a Heart Scale

I regret trading my shiny Rattata and Shroomish for HG Kyogre and Arceus, then giving them back to my trading partners in exchange for a regular Pokemon...

DW_Bystander

Dream World Watcher
I regret giving a friend my Pokemon Red. Guy boasted he could catch any pokemon, so I asked him to help me catch Articuno (Way before I knew how to catch pokemon, I just lobbed balls at 50% health all the time), Just like he promised, he did.
With a Master Ball.
And he saved afterwards.
Good times...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
This may shock some of you, but one thing I regret doing in Pokemon is competitive battling, back before I knew how many rules there were to it.

It took me forever to figure out the rules to where I could actually use a team, and by the time I finished the first battle (granted, I won, but that's not the point), I totally lost any interest in the online metagame. Bear in mind, I don't use those simulators or hack like most competitive players do. So I had to spend hours on end grinding my Pokemon, only to find out that I couldn't use one of them.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I never really used healing items. I still rarely use them now, since I'd rather go to a Pokécenter than waste money on items while I could have used it to buy expensive furniture...

SpeKing of, I regret not finishing my collection of furniture in Platinum.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
In my first playthrough of PMD explorers, when I achieved defeating primal dialga and I was about to die, I realized at that time that this is officially the good ending I DIED, and left myself so heartbroken along with my partner. To make it worse, my partner is a female and I'm a guy. Perhaps that moment of tears told that our love life is never going to be fixed. Its a tragic good ending. ts like the good ending I never wanted to happen. And yes that I deeply imagined that my hero lip kissed my partner before totally disappearing as DEAD for real

I don't know why but I kind of fell in love romantically w/ the female partner in the process. Which is why when I found out that you came back alive, I could imagine that my partner fell in love with the hero and be possibly *gasp* mates! Further supported that Manaphy was the hero and partner's son. Ain't that just perfect for a couple? A dad, mom, and child.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Well... I feel like I should facepalm and hit myself against the wall for this.

I regret erasing my cousins' Crystal game <.>' Yes I was THAT child at one point. He had really cool Pokemon there, but it was frustrating that I was lost on some woods.. Ilex forest I guess. I feel like I still owe him for this )x

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
Back when DS Lites were still viable Wifi devices, I accessed the GTS on my old Diamond save file. What did I do with it? Well, not much. But I did trade my level seventy-something Dialga for a level thirty-something Lucario from Canada. I suppose I regret that a lot, considering I never even used the blasted thing in the long run, and whoever my stuff went to probably deleted their save file by now.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Trading a shiny pokemon to some girl I know irl that ended up being the biggest jerk to me EVER. Period.

>_<;

Codface

Biggest regret was in pokemon gold. Having beaten the game I got bored and used an AR code that allowed you to pick up the other two staters in the lab. I though it was cool and saved. It was only later I released this made the game assume I had just started and wouldnt let me use the trade guys in pokemon centre. Thus I couldnt use my pkkemon stadium 2 link to play with my lvl 100s...