• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something that your least favourite series did better than your favourite series in your opinion?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
BW's rivalries and its Don Tournaments highlighting them.

Soooooooooo much wasted potential when those ended so...abruptly.
They ended because they realized they were going to use up any good ideas they had for the League if they continued them. They just didn't realize they already had by that point and it was too late.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
BW:
-stopped putting TR in every episode
-made TR competent
-replaced Brock with Cilan
-let the male and female companions have a defined relationship
-introduced the Don Tournaments

(my favorite is DP)

Neither XY nor BW are really favorites but
SM: Gave Brock a worthy replacement in Kiawe. Clemont is lame and boring, and Cilan had potential but they did jack with it.

A better answer~
BW: Better focus on Team Rocket as an organization. And the TRio actually did something meaningful as far as plot goes, though it was at the cost of their personalities for about six years.... :/

XY: N/A

Hate all three of the above

so you haven't liked a generation of the Pokémon anime since DP?

Can't think of anything SM did better than DP from my perspective tbh so.. Even DP did better the whole school stuff in four episodes than SM has done in an entire series lol.

Ash won the league

They ended because they realized they were going to use up any good ideas they had for the League if they continued them. They just didn't realize they already had by that point and it was too late.

I don't think he means why the Don Tournaments ended but why the rivalries ended abruptly.. which is true, actually, after the league they just disappeared without even a proper goodbye (at least imo what felt like a goodbye) and then the generation just awkwardly continued into Episode N or Da! without any of those recurring characters....... at least Episode N could have had them since Ash&co were still in Unova.. I mean, look at how Kalos used its supporting cast in the Flare showdown

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I mean, he won a league, but your mileage may vary if he really deserved the win after how strangely structured the whole league was...and how Ash kept getting new weapons out of nowhere (literally, and one of them almost looks like an actual giant space flea) before the last two big matches. Winning a league than in the other regions where he didn't doesn't mean it did it better than your favorite series.

TheWanderingMist

It was a game-canon League. That in itself is an accomplishment. He then went on to beat Kukui, the strongest Trainer in Alola, who got a power-up in the last minute in the form of Tapu Koko along with the ability to use the Guardians' ultimate move.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
It was a game-canon League. That in itself is an accomplishment. He then went on to beat Kukui, the strongest Trainer in Alola, who got a power-up in the last minute in the form of Tapu Koko along with the ability to use the Guardians' ultimate move.
And?
SL was still made a way better than AL in my opinion. Good for SM Ash feats tho.

TheWanderingMist

I mean, he won a league, but your mileage may vary if he really deserved the win after how strangely structured the whole league was...and how Ash kept getting new weapons out of nowhere (literally, and one of them almost looks like an actual giant space flea) before the last two big matches. Winning a league than in the other regions where he didn't doesn't mean it did it better than your favorite series.
Kukui also got new weapons out of nowhere. Ash's only real random thing was Naganadel. Melmetal was a long time coming.
And?
SL was still made a way better than AL in my opinion. Good for SM Ash feats tho.
I'm not going to bother repeating myself fully, so *inserts my standard rant against the overrated garbage that is the Sinnoh League*

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Kukui also got new weapons out of nowhere. Ash's only real random thing was Naganadel. Melmetal was a long time coming.

I'm not going to bother repeating myself fully, so *inserts my standard rant against the overrated garbage that is the Sinnoh League*
Technically, Kukui getting damned Koko with no buildup whatsoever is even worse than Nagadel and Melmetal combined.

The point Kuzehiko is trying to say is that it's their opinion. In-universe, Ash did better, but this thread is about the user's thoughts on what the least favorite series did better in their eyes.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I honestly think if the earthquake that happened in Japan never occurred, BW would have went on to being one of the best sagas we’ve had yet and not have made Ash lost in such a cheap way. The battle animations and general balancing of Ash’s team so that he had multiple powerhouses instead of one or two were great but then the animators just randomly threw in the moron known as Cameron and had his Riolu suddenly decide to evolve and go Super Saiyan for no logical reason at all. The Advanced series at least made the League matches where Ash lost a fair match without any cheap tricks. DP could have also been that way if Tobias didn’t just literally appear out of nowhere and no one ever mentioning him before the League and have Legendaries on his team.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
@Kuzehiko the thread is literally to come up with just one thing that your least favorite series did better than your favorite series. it doesn't mean you have to like that thing, or like your least favorite series at all, it just means you have to list that thing. If your least favorite series is SM and your favorite is DP, that one thing that SM did better is writing a win for him in the league. That's all I'm saying. You can even still like his loss to Tobias more than his win over Gladion if you want, but I'm just saying the fact that he won, irrespective of everything else, could be considered the "something" that OP asks for in this thread.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
i liked how Unova had lots of tournaments though the final league battle was kinda bad.Also Unova was the only series not to have a 6v6 battle

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
How the hell have you not seen his criticisms of the Sinnog League by now
Should I have?
QvzRMPf.gif

@Kuzehiko the thread is literally to come up with just one thing that your least favorite series did better than your favorite series. it doesn't mean you have to like that thing, or like your least favorite series at all, it just means you have to list that thing. If your least favorite series is SM and your favorite is DP, that one thing that SM did better is writing a win for him in the league. That's all I'm saying. You can even still like his loss to Tobias more than his win over Gladion if you want, but I'm just saying the fact that he won, irrespective of everything else, could be considered the "something" that OP asks for in this thread.
Yeah I know but I was being completely honest when I said it SM didn't do anything better than DP imo. I'll try thinking harder and come up with sth.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The SM series had amazing character interactions that sometimes exceeded the character interactions from the OS saga, which is my favorite saga of the series overall. SM had a running theme of making the cast feel like a family, which I wish OS and other sagas also had.