• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something that your least favourite series did better than your favourite series in your opinion?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
OS did humor and all-around group interaction better than DP for me.

DP could be funny and Dawn and Ash’s dynamic is my favorite in the show, but Brock was total dead weight and comedy was not DP’s specialty.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
What BW did better than the rest of the series:

Made TRio an actual and more serious threat that didn’t try to capture Pikachu literally every time they ran into it. They also got to escape and flee from battles on their own accord. It’s too bad that the one earthquake in Japan ruined the original plans for their Unova assignment. This change gave them more of a character depth and proved that they weren’t some punching bag for the other characters and that there was a reason Giovanni had never sacked them for all of their previous failures and there were a lot of them.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I can’t think of a single thing OS (Johto) did better than DP that matters to me....

I guess Brock wasn’t stale? But that’s an obvious one from being the first series and DP Brock isn’t nearly as bad as people make him out to be

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Neither XY nor BW are really favorites but
SM: Gave Brock a worthy replacement in Kiawe. Clemont is lame and boring, and Cilan had potential but they did jack with it.

A better answer~
BW: Better focus on Team Rocket as an organization. And the TRio actually did something meaningful as far as plot goes, though it was at the cost of their personalities for about six years.... :/

XY: N/A

Hate all three of the above

RLC

can't decide between bw or sm yet so,
BW- was a big fan of the filler tournament battles(liked them a bit more than dps),the look/animation of the moves(like iron tail looking like iron to give an example), having bianca as one of ash's rival was cool too we need more like her and finally how they handled team rocket at the beginning of the series
sm- the facial expressions in sm is unmatched i really like them, having ash actually catch a legendaries/mythicals after baiting us so many times, his relationship with kukui is the best professor/ash relationship in the series imo (even more than oak) and of course doing what all other series couldn't making ash win the league (not as good as i wanted it to be but i'll take it)

DatsRight

While XY did ultimately run dry with Team Rocket HARD, I appreciate they did have a few really good schemes and face-offs with them early on. SM was weird in that in spite of focusing on Team Rocket more methodically and giving them trump cards like Mimikyu, they actually never really felt like a real challenge for even the non-battler twerps. Every time they were putting up a good fight you knew something like Bewear or a DEM boost would interrupt, otherwise the best they got was a handful of times they landed maybe one hit before they were thrashed. They didn't even try using their Z Moves most of the time. It felt like a waste, especially since a few 'not so harmless' TR battles could have made up for the series' lack of official matches.

Early XY did at least have some genuinely good even handed battles where Team Rocket were competent but the twerps still fought them off (eg. blinded Pikachu and Bunnelby vs Inkay and Wobbuffet, the Pokeball factory Pikachu vs Meowth showdown). Even some of the more comical TR schemes like them dressing up as the twerps felt like they took more advantage of humour and dynamics than most of SM. SM TR never wore down as bad as they did in XYZ though, they just sucked by then.

Hell Matsui wrote the Ralts battle in AG, a series where TR were really lethargic otherwise, why did we never get anything like that again?

p96822

Evolve me please
Even though I'm not a fan of Pokemon Sun and Moon, I kind of like they tried and I say try to change up the formular of the series that was becoming dry. The reason why I'm saying this is that Pokemon tried to change what it is unlike Digimon Universe Appli Monster which feel like it gonna though the motions.

Lightning Bolt

It's hard to think of anything that BW and XY did better than DP or SM, but I'll try.

BW had a good showing on the rivalries between the main cast since the twerps had funny interactions with all of the rivals. The mini tournaments were also kinda fun tho most of the battles were terrible (but good by BW standards). In SM the rivalry with Gladion was nice, but Hau was downright pulled from the ass just so Rowlet could have a rivalry in the League. Gladion never really interacted with the classmates besides Lilie and Kiawe. Barry was created to make Paul look badass in the League but that was basically it. It's a shame that Trip and Cameron are horrible characters, Bianca got shafted halfway within the series and Burgundy and Georgia never had proper conclusions.

XY had good battles. The battle coreography was great and the animation was even better. Though it's sad that they wasted the budget in those battles so the overall animation was mediocre and the quality of the show overall was even worse.