• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something Unusual Happened in a Max Raid Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeplayer9994

Something strange happened during a Max Raid battle.

I was up against a Pyukumuku and I had Eternatus out. Now, this Pyukumuku used Toxic on the player with a Solrock, which got poisoned. At that point, I didn't think much of it. However, later in the battle, it used Toxic on my Eternatus, and it got poisoned.

As I recall, unless you have a certain ability, you can't poison a Poison-Type Pokemon like that. Pyukumuku doesn't have that ability.

So, what happened? How was Pyukumuku able to poison my Eternatus? This is really confusing me.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Something strange happened during a Max Raid battle.

I was up against a Pyukumuku and I had Eternatus out. Now, this Pyukumuku used Toxic on the player with a Solrock, which got poisoned. At that point, I didn't think much of it. However, later in the battle, it used Toxic on my Eternatus, and it got poisoned.

As I recall, unless you have a certain ability, you can't poison a Poison-Type Pokemon like that. Pyukumuku doesn't have that ability.

So, what happened? How was Pyukumuku able to poison my Eternatus? This is really confusing me.

It might have the move Soak, which turns your Pokémon's type into Water and then use Toxic in order to poison your Eternatus. Since it's a status move, you might've unseen it. That's the only option I see here.

pokeplayer9994

^^You know what? I think you're right. I was able to catch that Pyukumuku and checked it's moves. Lo and Behold, it has Soak. I wasn't paying much attention at the time as I was watching YouTube while playing the game, so I'm not surprised I didn't notice that.

Not a bad strategy there, Pyukumuku. You really did catch me off guard there.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this now. If you need help in game in the future, please post in the pinned help thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.