• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Something wrong with camera lens

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Since yesterday, my camera's lens has been making noises whenever it retracts or extends or anything (in other words, whenever I zoom or turn on/off the camera). It makes this really... bad-sounding ratcheting noise. Often times it doesn't even retract into the camera when I turn it off; it just becomes jammed.

I really have no idea what happened. I remember grabbing my camera yesterday, and the side with the lens was facing up, and I grabbed it with my hand on top of the lens and turned it on (obviously it couldn't extend). That's the first time I heard the ratcheting noise, and ever since then it's been screwy. This seems to be the thing that caused the problem but it's happened before where some sort of obstruction is preventing the lens from moving; all I ever got was a lens error. I would turn off and on the camera and everything is fine. I don't know what was different this time.

This is also like a brand new camera; I've had it for less than a month. Anyone have any idea how to fix it?

BCVM22

Sounds to me like you might have thrown a gear or other shifting mechanism off-kilter by blocking the lens with your hand. I don't much know that there's any way to fix it aside from taking it to a camera repair shop and having someone able with such things carefully open it up and see if there's anything mechanical that's clearly been damaged or is out of place.

M4zz

Banned
Bring it into a watchsmith or or a computer techy. They are suprisingly easy to fix, but depending on how you broke it, don't be suprised if you have to get a new camera...