• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Song of Jigglypuff (045)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Song of Jigglypuff!

Entering a bustling Metropolis where everyone is tired and rude, Ash & co find a Jigglypuff who is too shy to sing. Realising they can kill two birds with one stone...Misty tries to teach the Jigglypuff to sing. Can they succeed in this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

O

Ororo Munroe

I'm surprised no one has posted in this thread yet. After all, this is the first episode with Jigglypuff. Anyways, I liked thie episode. Like I said, it's the first one with Jigglypuff and I think it's also the first one where Jessie, James, and Meowth sing their motto instead of reciting it.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
Yeah, I liked Team Rocket's song. It was also cool when they sang it again in the Igglybuff episode.

Neon Town - the Las Vegas of the Pokemon world.

That irritable Jenny was funny.

Jigglypuff is one of my favorite characters in the show. I really like it when there's a large hiatus without him, and then he just all of a sudden comes back.

8/10

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yeah, this was a pretty good episode. I love the beginning when Ash & co. are walking across the desert and come across Neon town. Neon town was a cool place and you don't see to many cities like it in the pokémon world. Jigglypuff was funny in this episode, and TR was also amusing, I love it when they discover that all they got on their recording was themselves snoring.XD Not to mention the animation was very good, I really like the style these particular animators use.

I really wish Jigglypuff would make more appearances nowadays. The last one she made was way back in the trick house episode. T_T

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
Heracross said:
I really wish Jigglypuff would make more appearances nowadays. The last one she made was way back in the trick house episode. T_T

Yeah, me too. It made me really happy when Whismur heard Jiggy's song the whole way through. Too bad Whismur was so tired. Anyway, if Whismur never fell asleep, it would have been an oppurtune time to write Puff of the show, and that would be a disaster.

Tazzler

I loved the part when Misty yelled at psyduck and when jigglypuff started slapping Tr. The next puff episode is the next one in japan. Too bad it will take a long time for it to reach ume in america

G

Geki

I like the beginning when some guy bumps into Ash and says ''Hey watch where your you're going ya jerk!!!''. Man I miss Kanto..

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
This episode is hysterical. Not only is it the first appearance of Purin, who has yet to get old in my eyes (downplaying her throughout Houen probably helped in that respect), but it features some absolutely wonderful animation. It's the same type of bouncy, stretchy, smear animation that shows up in episodes like "The Pokémon Ensured Victory Manual", "The Battle of the St. Anne", "The Big Race of Blazing Pokémon", and most memorably in "Gardie and Kojirou". Visually, you rarely see that kind of animation on the show anymore (save for episodes that get farmed out to the Team Ota animation studio, such as "The New Gym Leader Asuna! The Hole-Filled Battlefield", ""Explosive Situation! Bakuongu VS. Juputoru", "Showdown! Giant Namazun and the Fishing Master", and "Hiwamaki Gym! The Battle in the Heavens"). Though most fans often accentuate the writing in the classic episodes, I also look at the animation as a major factor. For instance, watch when Koduck first pops out of its ball against Kasumi's wishes in this episode - Kasumi's angry, screaming head immediately fills the screen beside a dwarfed Koduck with tiny wriggly eyes, as if he's about to cry. That kind of visual stuff is rare nowadays. Observe also the Rocket-Dan's musical number - wonderfully animated in addition to being wonderfully performed. And furthermore, you can't help but laugh at the animation drawings in the scene where Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu realize that they've only got a recording of their own snoring. They don't direct 'em like this anymore.

MaskedManAbsolkid

I saw this episode today again. I thought it was one of the funnier eps in the series. I liked it when Jigglypuff kicked Pikachu twice, then went back to Misty and started laughing. I liked it when they told Jigglypuff they'd help it sing, and Jigglypuff went over to Misty and was 'hugging' her, then Misty said 'But who'd want a Jigglypuff that can't sing?', and Jigglypuff went all teary-eyed, then when Misty apologised, Jigglypuff 'hugged' her again. Inflated Jiggly was funny, and so was crying Jiggly. This episode was perfect! 10/10!
But they should've brought Jiggly back in the Mt Moon episode with Cleffa!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It's too bad we don't see Jiggypuff nowadays, she's been one of the great recurring characters. I don't get why she wasn't singing at first, but at least once she got started singing the episode got better. I especially like the part where the twerps think Psyduck stayed awake during the song, then find out he fell asleep with his eyes open. :D Also, I love the song motto!!! It's too bad we've only heard it a few times (it was the only real highlight for me of "Same Old Song and Dance"), but I guess that's just enough. :)

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
It's wasn't a great episode, then again I would suggest that this particular time of Kanto between gyms 6 and 7 wasn't at it's strongest. Sometimes quite funny though, seeing everyone get cranky without enough sleep brought a few interesting scuffles, although the one involving James was the funniest one.

Shame we don't see Jigglypuff as much anymore.

Aptenodytes

wasnt the best episode, but since it was when jigglypuff appeared i like it =] pretty interesting to watch it if you were seeing it for the first time

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
A typical classsic episode featuring the debut of Jigglypuff. Not one of may favs though but it's still good.

JONNO.FRESH

Jiggly totaly rocked but i didnt like the epi apart from that. 6/10

Shadow the Hedgehog

DON'T F$#@ WITH ME!
We are Team Rocket and we fight for what is wrong. We got tired of our motto so we thought we'd try a song.

This was a mediocre episode other than the song. It did bring in a good recurring character though.

YourLocalHominid

Beginning Trainer
Team Rocket getting beat up by the grouchy citizens greatly warrants a 10/10 from me. I'm really surprised not many people posted in this topic.

Francesc

Natsu no Maboroshi
I liked that episode. Jiggly's song got stuck in my head the rest of the day XD.

LuciRuki

Born This Way
I remember this episode. Jigglypuff was truly one of my favourite pokemon because of the way it acted. It doesn't even know it's luring people to sleep and it gets mad at them :) Awww Kanto eps were truly original. Jiggy's first appearance also!

~;386;