• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Song Parodies!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Something a little different from what normally gets posted here! PG-13 max rating for the time being.

I'm quite into parodying songs on the go as some rl friends may tell you, and I've included some for fun in previous stories. So I'll be posting some song parodies I made up a while ago (coupled with a youtube link to the song being parodied as well - I usually find it's better to listen to the song while reading the parody lyrics). Cheesiness ought to be expected with some. =p

I also will take on prompts! That is, you can request a song and theme for me to try to parody the lyrics too (although the theme will need to be Pokemon. I won't necessarily take on every prompt though (partly depends on interest/time for it) but I'll be trying to do so. I like a challenge.

This is posted in the main section as at least some of these will be Pokemon themed, but prompts need not be restricted to Pokemon.

Index

This post: The Day Care's Sublime (For the Longest Time, Billy Joel)
House of the Trick Master (House of the Rising Sun, The Animals)
Sidetracked (Starlight, Muse)
Pokemon Trainer (Paperback Writer, The Beatles)
Wild World (Wild World, Cat Stevens)

------------------

First up is one I wrote last year, and is a parody of the Billy Joel song For the Longest Time, one of my favourite songs. Some themes here that should be evident from the song title. ;p

The Day Care's Sublime

Whoa, oh, oh, oh
The Day Care's sublime
Whoa, oh, oh
The Day Care's

If you Bounce'd away from me tonight
There would still be reason to go fight
What else could I do
I'm so Attracted by you
This proves just how the Day Care is sublime

Once I thought my Trainer up'd and gone
Now I know that breeding shall go on
That's when you found me
When you sat yourself upon me

Whoa, oh, oh, oh
The Day Care's sublime
Whoa, oh, oh
The Day Care's

I'm that Skitty you're hearing on the lawn
Asking you to leave that Waterfall
For how I need you
And how you needed me too

Maybe I am not very strong
But I'm sure in hindsight
You'll see we belong
Maybe we should have used Safeguard
And though it's bizarre
You're the one that I adore

Who knows how much further we'll go on
Maybe once more I'll be sat upon
I'll take my chances
I forgot how nice Cute Charm is

I had second thoughts at the start
I said to myself
You're as fat as a tart
Now I know the Wailord that you are
You're very large by far
And it's more than I hoped for

I don't care if you've had other flings
I have been engrossed by lesser things
I want you so bad
Just don't make me a doormat
I intend to show you the Day Care's sublime

Whoa, oh, oh, oh
The Day Care's sublime
Whoa, oh, oh
The Day Care's sublime
(Fade)

That's going to be as high brow as it may get. ;p

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
That's more PG-13 material, in my opinion xD. Not bad. It got a giggle out of me, so guess that naturally means I'm coming back to this thread for more parodies.

I recall seeing a few of these threads scattered throughout over the years, but they didn't last very long. But I can see now how it's supposed to be done, lol.

The only prompt I can think of is Train's "Soul Sister". Yeah, that might be... interesting.

Psychic

Really and truly
You did get a few chuckles and snorts out of me, I'll say that. XD I sand the lyrics out loud while listening to the song as you recommended, and either I don't know the original song very well or my ears cannot handle the dissonance between the original your lyrics (get the karaoke version of the song?!), but I still got the idea and was quite amused.

Anyhow, it took me until the end to properly get what was going on (unless I'm misinterpreting =o) but I do like how that worked out. XD Certainly not the most original pairing, but expanding on the imagery was what made this. :> Lookin forward to more.

~Psychic

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
That's more PG-13 material, in my opinion xD. Not bad. It got a giggle out of me, so guess that naturally means I'm coming back to this thread for more parodies.

I recall seeing a few of these threads scattered throughout over the years, but they didn't last very long. But I can see now how it's supposed to be done, lol.

The only prompt I can think of is Train's "Soul Sister". Yeah, that might be... interesting.
Hurrah for a giggle! Sorta my aim with theses - to offer mild entertainment, haha. Cheers for the comments!

Soul Sister is a song I am familar with at least so I'll see if anything comes to mind that fits that.
You did get a few chuckles and snorts out of me, I'll say that. XD I sand the lyrics out loud while listening to the song as you recommended, and either I don't know the original song very well or my ears cannot handle the dissonance between the original your lyrics (get the karaoke version of the song?!), but I still got the idea and was quite amused.
Hmm, if possible I might try to link to an instrumental version of songs then as well. And admittedly it's not a very mainstream Billy Joel song either.
Anyhow, it took me until the end to properly get what was going on (unless I'm misinterpreting =o) but I do like how that worked out. XD Certainly not the most original pairing, but expanding on the imagery was what made this. :> Lookin forward to more.

~Psychic
Not original at all, haha. Which kinda makes it the perfect choice for the theme I suppose. Thanks for the review!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Working on some others atm but here's one I made in the meantime on an excellent song House of the Rising Sun. The Animals version as it is imo the best and should be how you imagine this parody is sung too. =p Went with the same rhyming scheme bar the opening and last verse, but I feel it works.

As per Psychic's suggestion, two links: an instrumental version of the song, and the sung version. Take your pick! Or go without!

House of the Trick Master

There is a house north of Slateport
The House of the Trick Master
And it's been the ruin of many a trainer
And Mew, I know I'm one

My mother was in contests
She made my Running Shoes
My father warned of that dark house
And that it would confuse

Now the only thing the Master needs
Is a player and a maze
And the only time he's satisfied
Is when we’re in a haze

Oh mother, tell your children
That I’ve been here since winter
There’s no exit, only misery
In the House of the Trick Master

Well, I got one foot in a trapdoor
The other foot is missing
But I’ve found myself some Harbor Mail
That’s my only blessing

There is a house north of Slateport
The House of the Trick Master
And it's been the ruin of many a trainer
And Mew, I know I'm one

An admittedly darker take on the location in RSE, haha. Given some trainers complain about being stuck in the place though, it's not that unlikely stuff goes wrong. =p

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
As I'm listening to the instrumental version, I swear I've heard this song before... *clicks other link* I guess not. Song's older than I thought it was. Hmm.

But I’ve found myself some Harbor Mail
That’s my only blessing

I had to laugh, such black humor XD. "Yeah, my foot's missing, but hey, I got some Harbor Mail. Fly, my Pokémon! Give this to the next person you see!" But... you added a layer of Fridge Horror to the whole thing... *vows to never enter the Trick Master's house again*

You know, if this really happens in the Trick Master's house off-screen, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten busted by the local police. Probably because they could never find the bodies... o_O

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
As I'm listening to the instrumental version, I swear I've heard this song before... *clicks other link* I guess not. Song's older than I thought it was. Hmm.
Hmm, can't say any other songs come to mind that fit this one, so I can't help you there.
I had to laugh, such black humor XD. "Yeah, my foot's missing, but hey, I got some Harbor Mail. Fly, my Pokémon! Give this to the next person you see!" But... you added a layer of Fridge Horror to the whole thing... *vows to never enter the Trick Master's house again*

You know, if this really happens in the Trick Master's house off-screen, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten busted by the local police. Probably because they could never find the bodies... o_O
Black humour is a kind I always like to try every now and again, heh. And I felt that it was a good way to also include the not-really-useful items of Mail found in that place often.

Local police also just got lost themselves, I bet. Yes.

Thanks for the comments once again!

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Here's a prompt: Justin Bieber's "Baby" about Bonsly.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Funny, clever stuff here! Here's my prompt since it seems to be a pretty popular song at the moment (and darn catchy!): "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Here's a prompt: Fuel's "Shimmer" with the theme being Shellder. (As in, replace Shimmer with Shellder)
I might take a look at that, but we shall see!
Here's a prompt: Justin Bieber's "Baby" about Bonsly.
...this however I am less keen of (see the interest thing). If only because it is a song I dislike, and I am not fond of the idea of listening to songs on repeat I do not like. But that's me! (That and I've more prompts I can handle atm (posted on other places too) anyways so at best this would be at the end of the queue).
Funny, clever stuff here! Here's my prompt since it seems to be a pretty popular song at the moment (and darn catchy!): "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Glad you found it amusing! That said the prompt is also one I'm not so fond of, but we shall see I suppose!

-------------------------

Anyways, here's the first parody I've written as a prompt! It came from Stoneman6666 of fanfiction.net, who suggested doing the song Starlight by Muse. He also supplied the opening three lines which did prove to be a bit tricky, especially as the original lyrics repeated themselves! In the end I made the theme of the song to be my personal take of part of the game FireRed/LeafGreen, compared to how things happened in the original RBY games. The Sevii Islands weren't my most favourite addition I guess - they were fine, but not great and in the end I wanted to get going to the 8th gym already.

Sung version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P3SHXQEpRU
Instrumental: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukoYZLT0JnE

Sidetracked

Far away
This ship has taken me far away
Far away to the Sevii
With a guy I had met just once before

Victory
I will be chasing Victory
But I do not see its Road
I don’t know where we are going anymore

Beat the Elite Four
I just wanted to beat the Elite Four

Side quest
You’re giving me a side quest
Something about finding plates
Why is Team Rocket trying to steal them

I’ll do what you say
If you promise to take me back home
Take me back home

What is Moltres doing here
Maybe it got sidetracked too

Beat the Elite Four

Far away
This ship has taken me far away
Far away to the Sevii
With a guy I had met just once before

I’ll do what you say
If you promise to take me back home
Take me back home

Beat the Elite Four
I just wanted to beat...

I hope you all know what the Sevii Islands are!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Lol, this looks like it might've been an easy song to parody. Lyrics are rather simple and keep repeating over and over. Now I understand why Twilight is the way it is. But then again, you have to make a small story that also fit with the lyrics, so I'm sure it has its difficulty. This version is probably "based" off your experiences, if the author's note's anything to go by XD.

I knew what the Sevii Islands were (and I did like their addition), but I still was imagining Dewford Island for some reason ^_^;.

Then I realized this part, and I laughed. Ain't that the truth.

Heck, looking back on everything, it's freakin' hilarious, making it the funniest one to date. But I'm sure you can top it.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Lol, this looks like it might've been an easy song to parody. Lyrics are rather simple and keep repeating over and over. Now I understand why Twilight is the way it is. But then again, you have to make a small story that also fit with the lyrics, so I'm sure it has its difficulty. This version is probably "based" off your experiences, if the author's note's anything to go by XD.
Yes, that's a fair point - a lack of differing lyrics meant there were less words to use before being 'done' and all, but it was also hardr in trying to make use of that limit in a way as well.
I knew what the Sevii Islands were (and I did like their addition), but I still was imagining Dewford Island for some reason ^_^;.
Hmm, I suppose one could twist it a bit to make it fit too. But then again, Dewford Island has trendy sayings. What's not to like about that? =p
Then I realized this part, and I laughed. Ain't that the truth.

Heck, looking back on everything, it's freakin' hilarious, making it the funniest one to date. But I'm sure you can top it.
The funniest? Well, guess it's a matter of opinion then, glad it entertained at any rate once again! =) Thanks again for the review.

-------------------------------

Another prompt, and one I must say I enjoyed, although it's probably because I'm a tragic Beatles fan. baltar of fanfiction.net suggested the following:
i think the beatles song 'paperback writer' could be made into a song called 'pokemon trainer'
This fitted rather nicely, I felt. XD

Sung version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taADLPtyDb0
Instrumental: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryxuldFYjVo

Pokemon Trainer

Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon Trainer)

Dear Sir or Madam, will you see my Poke?
It took me years to train, will you take a look?
I got him from a Prof named after a tree
And I was quite bored, so I became a Pokemon Trainer,
Pokemon Trainer!

So I went and travelled, all across the land
Beating Bug Catchers with my one-man band
I defeated a gym, and got a HM
And prize money is why I became a Pokemon Trainer,
Pokemon Trainer!

So I‘m training up to beat the Elite Four
I'll be heading off in a week or more
I can do contests if you like my style
I can even teach you how to become a Pokemon Trainer,
Pokemon Trainer!

If you really like it you could pet him here
Just be careful not to let your children near
If you want to fight then let’s try tonight
But I need a break and I want to go to the Game Corner,
Yes the Game Corner!

Yay for matching syllables!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Back from holidays so have a relatively simple song parody for now. Not quite as funny as others may have been too, so I'm curious to see how it turned out anyway. Taken from the HGSS perspective, but arguably it can be applied to nearly any game anyway easily enough.

The song is Wild World by Cat Stevens, which is a neat chill song imo. No change with the song title here.

Sung version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8pvXLVu8Yk
Instrumental: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxJ4meJkt7A

Wild World

Now that you’re leaving town so soon
And want to beat the first gym by next moon
I’m still not sure that you should be leavin'
Trainer, I'm grievin'
But if you wanna leave, take good care
I’ll give this nice Pokegear to wear
But don’t spend all your money on Potions there

Oh, trainer, trainer, it's a wild world
It's hard to get by just with the starter
I'll always remember you like a child, trainer

I’ll save your money and see what I can do
Maybe buy you a berry or two
But don’t be afraid to seek shelter
Remember your father
I hope you catch a lot of Pokemon out there
But just remember there's a lot of bad Teams, beware

Trainer, I love you
I hope you catch a lot of Pokemon out there
But just remember there's a lot of bad Teams, beware

Good old mums. It's easy to forget them sometimes. Well, unless you're playing HGSS and they go shopping again. =p