• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Songs that have been Butchered by Other Artists.

HoennMaster

Considering I'm right, yes I am. Not my fault people don't know the difference.

What difference does it make? It's still taking the original song and twisting it into a horrid form that no one wants to hear.

Cover versions and samplings are two very different things. Right Round is not a cover song. That's like saying Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music" is because it samples a Michael Jackson song.

'I kissed a girl' loses all meaning when sung by a guy. 'Though I still laugh at the 'Hope my Boyfriend don't mind it' line.

Toxic sang by Britney Spears
Butchered By A Static Lullaby
which is just guy singing and I think it's horrible
Viva Brtiney Spears :)

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
HoennMaster said:
Cover versions and samplings are two very different things. Right Round is not a cover song. That's like saying Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music" is because it samples a Michael Jackson song.

Obviously they're different, but this thread doesn't seem to be about covers only, rather about any form of butchering a song. Which sampling literally does, by chopping up the original song and overlaying it with shitty beats.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Madonna's "American Pie" sort of stabs whatever goofy nostalgia I have for that song.

I'm not sure if Say Anything's "Got Your Money" is utter **** or ironic genius.

Edit: It's another cliché, but Limp Bizkit's "Behind Blue Eyes" is pretty much atrocious.

Which sampling literally does, by chopping up the original song and overlaying it with shitty beats.
hey lets advertise our ignorant opinions about musical genres in this thread

Last edited:

pichu_power

But Never Again...
I think that, as discussed before, any 'artist' on Disney channel that 'remakes' a song is considered a butchered song...

1) They're only considered an artist because I think Disney promotes their 'stars' to make atleast ONE song---to show their viewers that they should express themselves.

2) It also makes sense as to why only the original band can remaster a song...

HoennMaster

'I kissed a girl' loses all meaning when sung by a guy. 'Though I still laugh at the 'Hope my Boyfriend don't mind it' line.

I think I know what your talking about. I forgot who has done it, but I've heard a version and it's just stupid.

Obviously they're different, but this thread doesn't seem to be about covers only, rather about any form of butchering a song. Which sampling literally does, by chopping up the original song and overlaying it with shitty beats.

Must agree with you for the most part. It depends on how much of a song you sample.

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
There are countless examples I could think of, but recently, I heard a massacre of Gary Numan's "Are 'Friends' Electric?" by Groove Armada. That one irked me especially. Way to ruin a New Wave/post-punk classic.

SkinnySweatyMan

I searched the thread with the search tool, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work. How could no one have mentioned APC's cover of Imagine yet?

Toxic sang by Britney Spears
Butchered By A Static Lullaby

I'd make a crack about people actually covering that, but it's not funny anymore. Here's some fun: Marillion, a progressive rock band, apparently covered it live once. I laughed my *** off when I heard about it. I've never heard it, but it SOUNDS like a hilarious idea.

I don't know if that's "hilarious" in a good or bad way or what, buuuuuut...

When Anyone sings "Diamonds are a girls best friend" other than Marilyn Monroe

rekreatur

I don't get people who say that Children of Bodom covers are bad. Oops!... I Did It Again (originally by Britney Spears) is brilliant.

Flo Rida's You Spin Me Round or whatever it's called now disgusts me.

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
idk if right round counts..the original by Dead or Alive was amazing, but when i hear Flo Rida's i just wanna punch myself in the face repeatedly. turn a perfectly good 80's song to another booty bass piece of sh!t.

qft flo-rida shouldn't of done that same with the song just cant get enough the saturdays butchered that song;165;

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Heartless - sang by Kayne West,

BUTCHERED by Kris Allen.........Danny Gokey should've won

Tell me about it. >.> And the judges were like (quoted from Wikipedia):

Allen impressed the judges with an acoustic arrangement of Kanye West's "Heartless", prompting Jackson to state that he preferred it to West's original and The Fray's cover version. Cowell agreed and said, "I had written you out of the competition but that has changed after that performance." This performance helped Kris move on to the finals and win.

What the hell, The Fray's cover version did a hell lot better than Kris Allen. And just an extra note, nothing beats the original, mind.

Gigapoodle

It's all the same...
You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) - Dead Or Alive
Butched by Flo Rida

Holy Diver - Dio
Butchered by Killswitch Engage

Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
Butchered by Limp Bizkit