• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Songs that have been Butchered by Other Artists.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
We had a subject like this on Misc Entertainment a while back and after hearing a terrible Cover Up on the Radio, I believe it needs to come back.

So what songs that you like that have butchered by other Artists. I have two:

Bright Eyes- Originally by Art Garfunkel
Butchered by Declan Galbraith.

Hello, Goodbye
- Originally by The Beatles
Butchered by The Jonas Brothers

idk if right round counts..the original by Dead or Alive was amazing, but when i hear Flo Rida's i just wanna punch myself in the face repeatedly. turn a perfectly good 80's song to another booty bass piece of sh!t.

Penguinist Trainer

I love the original Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones.

The cover by Type O negative is alright. I like type o, but the cover isn't as good as the original.

Sigh!

Bad Taste Everywhere
Well stronger better faster by Daft Punk has been butchered by Kayne West Its suppose

Zazie

So 1991
idk if right round counts..the original by Dead or Alive was amazing, but when i hear Flo Rida's i just wanna punch myself in the face repeatedly. turn a perfectly good 80's song to another booty bass piece of sh!t.

This. Also Rihanna or whoever butchering Dragonstea din tei. It seems these people are running out of ideas and are now deciding to take songs popular because of the internet and ruin them. I shudder to think what will be next.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
This. Also Rihanna or whoever butchering Dragonstea din tei. It seems these people are running out of ideas and are now deciding to take songs popular because of the internet and ruin them. I shudder to think what will be next.

inb4 Never Gonna Give You Up rap remix.

Pandeji

USED ULTRASPLASH!!!
This is an interesting thread, and for the most part I tend to find that things go the opposite way in my book.
I personally love Stronger (Kanye West) and Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Daft Punk).
But if I had to pick one, I'd say Land of Confusion (In Flames). The cover by Disturbed was way better, and the original song was by Genesis.

-MX-

The Jonas Brothers covers of Hey Jude and Hello Goodbye.

Who was the fucking idiot who let them make music?

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA

Oh gawd yes.

==

Also, Fall Out Boy's version of Beat It. It's not too bad, but just doesn't really fit them

Emo_Kirlia

I don't really listen to the radio or watch tv much anymore but I heard some new version of You Spin Me Round Like A Record on YouTube and it was just awful.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. I'm serious, someone made a version of it which seems to air on music channels all the time. The chorus is Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, with added lyrics. Which of the idiots in the song thought it would be a good idea to take a kid's song and turn it into a horrible remix involving a bunch of horrible 'singers'?

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3

This. Just this.

Every song that has ever been on a Kidz Bop album has been butchered. They make me want to tear my eardrums out, it's so terrible to hear. If you haven't heard of Kidz Bop...you, my friend, are blessed.

Helena

femme fatale
Flo Rida for sure.

thunderblade12

The band who covered "Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden really screwed it up. I forgot what the name of the band was. It's on the Iron Maiden cover compilation CD.

For the most part, I like the original versions of songs better but most covers aren't as terrible as everyone makes them out to be. IMO, they actually okay songs they just don't compare to the originals because, well, they're the originals. The originals lay the foundation for how the song is supposed to be played.

Avenged Sevenfold - Flash of the blade(Iron Maiden cover)
Avenged Sevenfold - Paranoid(Black Sabbath cover)
Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver (Dio cover)
Atreyu - Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi cover)
Evanescence - Heart Shaped Bpx (Nirvanna cover)
System of a Down - Shame (Wu Tang Clan cover)
Bullet for my Valentine - Crazy Train (Ozzy cover)
HIM - Don't Fear the Reaper (Blue Oyster Cult cover)

Those are all examples.