• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Songs that have been Butchered by Other Artists.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Every song that has ever been on a Kidz Bop album has been butchered. They make me want to tear my eardrums out, it's so terrible to hear. If you haven't heard of Kidz Bop...you, my friend, are blessed.

I second that statement a billion times. My friends second that statement a billion times. My family second that statement a billion times. That just goes to show you how horrendous the Kidz Bop albums are.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Smooth Criminal. Original by Michael Jackson.
Butchered by Alien Ant Farm.

ANY.Kidz.Bop.Album.Song

Agreed ten fold.
Another one that pisses me off is that some rapper took the beginning of Crazy Train and made a horrible rap out out of it!
COB is usually pretty funny with thier joke covers (go look for their cover of Ooops I did it Again), however I feel they missed the mark with Ghost Riders in the Sky.
Bowling for Soup also destroyed I Ran by making it a punk song, unlike the original by A Flock of Seagulls.

mangaeyes

Lily Allen/Mark Ronson with 'Oh My God' originally done by Kaiser Chiefs.

Amy Winehouse/Mark Ronson with 'Vallerie' originally done by The Zutons.

Daniel Merriweather/Mark Ronson with 'Stop me' originally done by The Smiths.

Smooth Criminal. Original by Michael Jackson.
Butchered by Alien Ant Farm.
I personally think they did a better version. I never liked Michael Jackson >Waits for the death threats<

^ I agree. I don't like Michael Jackson either. I really like Alien Ant Farm's version though.

Careless Whisper - Originally by George Micheal
Butchered by Seether

Now, this I disagree with. Did they do a cover? Yes. Did they butcher it? In my opinion, hell no.

And I don't care if that was several pages ago.

Last edited:

Kitsune

This Place is Death.
This new, "let's take things from songs that were popular a decade ago and use them in our rap" is really, really annoying.

Of course, I have no problem with rap. I mostly like it.
But let's aim for some individuality, people.

Hello Goodbye-The Beatles
Butchered by: The Jonas Brothers

I hope they go to hell for killing that song.

Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone Butchered by A Day To Remember
The Cover is a God though.

Also All Time Low's Cover of Blink's Time To Break Up makes me want to cry.
God I hate All Time Low

Also a couple more Win Covers:

Born To Be Wild originally done by Steppenwolf and Thunderstruck originally created by AC/DC both Butchered by Hinder.
Hinder just makes it sound good xD

mangaeyes

I also wasn't a fan of when Leona Lewis covered 'I Will Be' by Avril Lavigne. I just didn't think her voice was right for the song.

THANK YOU. How did I forget this?

"I Will Be" originally done written and performed by Avril Lavigne, covered by Leona Lewis.

Shuam

righteous
Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone Butchered by A Day To Remember
The Cover is a God though.
I love this cover. Hate the original.

I Kissed A Girl by Attack Attack! is pretty bad. You can hardly tell that it's supposed to be a punk cover except for the end of the song, when they finally start screaming.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Alexandra Burke's cover of Hallelujah has now cursed it to be a song played at the funerals of idiots.

The entire world has thankfully forgotten Madonna's cover of American Pie. Even my dad has, and that's his choice song on the karaoke machine.

I can at least take comfort in the fact that Britain's music industry has at least some modicum of quality control: we've never had any Kidz Bop albums, and if they have crawled over here, they're on consumer channels that nobody watches.

coolespeon

I dont know.
Reach out - original by depeche mode
butchered by: Hillary Duff
Why?: hmm well, personally I´m a fan of depeche mode and when I heard that song I was like this can´t be possible!!! and I remember I was cursing hillary all week long and wanted to kill everyone that played that song.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Hello Goodbye-The Beatles
Butchered by: The Jonas Brothers

I couldn't believe this was true when you posted this, so I Youtube'd it to see if it was true. After listening to it, I was on the verge of puking.

I always hated the Jonas Brothers, but now I actually despise them. I am a huge Beatles fan, and I don't just want them to go to hell - I'm willing to take them there myself.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
Add in
Bastard - Motley Crue (butchered by Six Feet Under)
Live Wire - Motley Crue (butchered by Shadows Fall)
Red Hot - Motley Crue (butchered by Gates of Ishtar)

Honestly, when I saw the Shadows Fall cover, the idiots supporting them kept claiming that SF made the song "cool", and that the Motley version sucks. Total idiots.

DarkLemmy2

I have Nothing 2 say
Misirlou: D i c k Dale Butchered by The Black Eyed Peas

Last edited:

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
I couldn't believe this was true when you posted this, so I Youtube'd it to see if it was true. After listening to it, I was on the verge of puking.

This. I couldn't believe it. So I decided to do the same thing...Why did I do that?!

Said before a few times, but Madonna butchered American Pie by Don McLean. Also, Jonas Brothers covered American Pie too. Ugh. Why can't people just leave the song alone?

Oh, I have a few more.

My Generation by The Who
Butchered By: Hilary Duff

Johnny B Goode by Chuck Berry
Butchered By: Green Day

A Quick One, While He's Away by The Who
Butchered By: Green Day

Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Bob Dylan
Butchered By: Guns N' Roses

~Ghostwriter~

Boulder Trainer
"Take On Me" - A-ha
Butchered by: Jonas Brothers

Don't get me wrong, some of the Brothers' songs are quite good (not all, but some). However, I can't stand this remake; it sounds as if it's being sung on flats (it probably is) - overall, a pretty poor rendition, ESPECIALLY when compared to the original. :(