1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood [RPG]

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Rave, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Cipher

Cipher Nothing to be done

Remember the last time a platforming mascot made a turn-based RPG with a quircky art style?

It was fantastic. With no inherent faults in the concept, developer or play style, I'll probably give this a whirl.

2. fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads _____________

It was supposed to be Twilight Princess, not Wind Waker. :/

3. iluvwobbuffet

iluvwobbuffet WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD

*does a dance*

I shall look forward to this.

=^_^=

4. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

I've yet to see Bioware make a really bad game, so I'll stay optimistic about this. Of course, even if I wasn't, a lot of you are blowing it out of proportion.

Though I hope 'Shade' is just a development name and will be changed eventually.

5. Archimedes

Archimedes Not Dead Yet

I'm cautiously optimistic.

6. Anzua2

Anzua2 Well-Known Member

Very Unlikely.

7. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

Yes, I know that.

8. Cipher

Cipher Nothing to be done

In a series with a recurring character named "Shadow," you'd complain about this?

9. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

Both are hilariously bad names, but I'd expect Bioware to have more sense than to name a character 'Shade', while I already know that Sonic Team went off the deep end a long time ago.

10. Rave

Rave Banned

I doubt that Bioware is the one behind making the names.

Of course, its pretty much gotta be SonicTEAMs thing to name characters and all that stuff.

11. ebil joey

ebil joey Well-Known Member

looks pretty cool. And yay! no stinkin rings as hp!!!

12. Chris

Chris Old Coot

And there we have Dattebayo's usual "make one post and run like hell" tactic.

****ing idiot.

Anyways, the title alone has made me VERY wary of this. This is why the Sonic series is considered as a joke these days. EVERYONE keeps trying to play it off as a serious series when what made Sonic so great was that it didn't require a "deep dark story." As Gravy mentioned, the SMB series doesn't take itself serious. Hence why there's very few bad Mario games compared to Sonic games.

I do like how BioWare has opted NOT to make clone characters or characters with Sonic-style shoes and the usual furry character fandom crap. I don't like how the background smells of the old SatAM/Archie Comics Sonic setting.

I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm going to be very skeptical about it.

13. Ebil McClucky

Ebil McClucky DAT ***

THat suspiciously looks like Nights.(Can't write it properly)

14. Sk@rmory288

Sk@rmory288 Put User Title Here

Why am I not surprised.

Either way, I still give it a rental.

-The Skarm

15. Rave

Rave Banned

I'll probably do that too.

16. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

There's places you can rent DS games?

17. P-fan

P-fan Storm Trainer

This is interesting.
    I don't get why Rave 77 saying that it ripping of Zelda. Shade look more like a evil verison of the Nights character.

It seem some of y'all don't like the archie comic idea. SaTAM fans will like the game.

18. pokefan

pokefan Well-Known Member

the blockbuster near me just recently got some ds games you can rent although they don't have a very amount or selection of them. and also gamefly has all ds games

19. MidnightScott

MidnightScott Super Gamer

Well I scanned my copy of the magazine and sent it to my brother. Anyway, this game looks really awesome to me, too bad it won't be out till Fall, that's so far away :(

~Scott;229;

20. Spindash Master

Spindash Master Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a sonic RPG because it would seem like it would give me more play time then other sonic games that came be beat in a couple sit downs. And if Mario could pull off ton of good RPG I don't know why sonic couldn't. From what I see it looks like a great game so far and there are loop-de-loops in it and that makes me happy. I will defely get this when it comes out in fall