• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic Classic Collection Heading to Nintendo DS

Chris

Old Coot
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/12/01/sonic-classic-collection/

For the first time ever, the original games from the early days of Sonic the Hedgehog will be coming to the Nintendo DS. Sonic Classic Collection will be available in Spring 2010, and includes Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, and Sonic & Knuckles.

The Sonic Classic Collection will offer a new save feature, a first for Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2, as well as an unlockable video recounting the history of Sonic, offering gamers an in-depth look at the speedy hedgehog.

“The original Sonic the Hedgehog games were the start of a pop culture phenomenon that extended beyond just the video game world,” commented Sean Ratcliffe, Vice-President of Marketing for SEGA of America. “The Sonic Classic Collection will introduce a whole new generation of gamers to this beloved Hedgehog and take them back to his humble beginnings.”

No price has been set, nor any confirmations on if Sonic 2 and 3 will connect with S&K. Let's all hope that we don't see the same attempt to bring this to the DS as Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis got for the GBA.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I drool over the save anywhere part.

Cobalt_Latios

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/12/01/sonic-classic-collection/

No price has been set, nor any confirmations on if Sonic 2 and 3 will connect with S&K. Let's all hope that we don't see the same attempt to bring this to the DS as Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis got for the GBA.
HOPEFULLY Sonic Team (or whoever is doing this port) won't be an idiot and use similar techniques. Hopefully, they realize that it didn't work very well and will actually create a decent port of these games.

Though, I am intrigued at knowing what they'll be doing with 2 screens. Maybe it'll be in the use of a "map" that shows you how far you've gone through the stage.

Or, they could do what they did in SR, and have the stage on both screens. Maybe that will help to fix a few issues.

<C_L>

Dattebayo

Banned
Hopefully it's not like the GBA port version of the original, I really want to try out Sonic's original games so I can make a better top 10 favorite video games.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm guessing Sonic 3 & Knuckles will be an unlockable game.

Wasn't there some sort of rumor about it being on there.

Well, I don't see much of a point to buy it if that game wasn't on it. Although I drool at the thought of playing Sonic 2 on a handheld.

Still, I have Mega Collection for the GCN, so it would depend on what other games they are adding.

Cobalt_Latios

Still, I have Mega Collection for the GCN, so it would depend on what other games they are adding.
Same here, as well as Gems Collection.

I'm still going to be getting this though... unless they, well, you know.

<C_L>

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm still going to be getting this though... unless they, well, you know.

<C_L>
I doubt that it will suffer the same fate as Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis for the GBA. That's not saying that it will absolutely have no chance of failling, but I doubt it will go down at that caliber.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Nintendo made games only please. Oh wait silly me, you are allowed to do this! Ludicrous rules I tell you....
Anyway cannot wait to play this eventually. I never got a chance to get it on the VC or play it normally so this is welcome. And I wonder how good it will look on the DS.

Chris

Old Coot
Nintendo made games only please. Oh wait silly me, you are allowed to do this! Ludicrous rules I tell you....
Nintendo Discussion Discuss Games on Any Nintendo console here. NES, GCN, Wii, GBA, DS...it's all welcome

Learn to read, buddy. This is a game coming to the DS. Nothing in the description says anything about Nintendo-only games.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Excuse the language, but are you ****ing retarded?

On topic: Yay. Generic hope they don't mess it up like they did Sonic Genesis comment. Also, this is kinda making me wonder if this is the reason we haven't gotten S&K on VC yet.
No I do not think not, seeing as Lost Evolution is on the DS. Of course if you mean I'm retarded for going up against the mods, no I'm not cause a lot of the rules here are a bit screwy.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
My guess is that said second screen will be used for the current score and stats as such, as well as saving, while your top screen is reserved for actually playing the thing.

Nevertheless, the original games had the freakiest music ever. And yes, I do refer to the DROWNING COUNTDOWN THEME that is terminally lacking from our modern ****.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Hmmm, this peaks my intrest a bit, i will be planing on buying this game if the price is right. Knowing some retailers they would have the price hiked for a bit til it fades out, so i'll be waiting for a while.
Another thing, that i have an odd feeling that people are going to get angry but.
"About time?" isnt about time it came for the ds

BCVM22

The price for this game won't be any different than your average DS title (that's $35 American). I don't know where you'd get the idea that retailers are going to "hike the price." Nintendo sets the MSRP for their software.

Maetch

I already have Mega Collection for all the Genesis games, Sonic Adventure DX for almost all the Game Gear games (lousy Mission Mode), and ROMs for Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotix. I think I'm already set, so I won't be needing a DS collection.

Hopefully, though, they'll have the Lock-On versions available. Sonic 3 and S&K are simply OK games on their own, but together is when they truly shine as the best Sonic game of all time.