• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic Fan Film (aka Eddie Lebron's At It Again)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Alright. I know there's another Sonic topic. And I know there's an Entertainment section. I wasn't sure where the best place to post this was, because when you think of Sonic, you usually think of a video game. But anyway, here we go.

Now, rather than sit here and try to come up with the words to explain what's going on and who these people are, I'll just show you the trailer and see what you think. I'm a visual person anyway. Now you have to forgive the fact that this was filmed in their studio. But this is the only version of it at the time of my posting this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbTsOvW-RAI

How did he get Jaleel White?! I want to know!

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Taichi

I'll check it out for the awesomness of Jaleel White and nothing else. His megaman film didn't really appeal to me.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
The official site offers some more insight to the film far as length, style, and a general timeline for when it should be finished. The more I read the more I began to appreciate the effort but think that a project like this is bound to bring out the worst in the fandom. So far both on Youtube and elsewhere we're getting pages of complaints about the fur even though it's not finalized and SEGA's been doing Sonic with fur since his first venture into this Gen.

How did he get Jaleel White?!

Apparently his last notable appearance was a cameo in The Game so this is like a Godsend for him.

Interestingly they said he can still do the voice perfectly, but they had him change it slightly because they wanted an " older " Sonic.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Eh looks rubbish so I will pass. And Sonic with fur pfft looks stupid.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
When did he not have fur? Just wondering.

When did Sonic have fur? Unless you count the Werehog other than that never.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Then...what is he covered in?
.__.
Like. Scales? Hide, like a lizard?

Rubber(!)

What I am trying to say it just doesn't look like that Sonic has fur since this gen which is what some people are saying.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
al1012290117binoutz.jpg

This in a CGI? I can see it.

I heard about this a while back but never thought much of it. But after seeing that trailer, I'm intrigued.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Rubber(!)

What I am trying to say it just doesn't look like that Sonic has fur since this gen which is what some people are saying.
Neither do Tails or Knuckles but they do. He's always had fur they just never bothered to show it in detail. It's kinda implied.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Eh looks rubbish so I will pass. And Sonic with fur pfft looks stupid.

I'm guessing the reason for the fur has to do with the fact that he wants this to be a live action movie with a CG Sonic and certain other CG elements (like robots and whatnot). So having a more realistic looking Sonic was a natural choice, once you consider that.

Wait, Jaleel White? o_O

Yes, Jaleel White. As in Urkel, and the voice actor who played Sonic in SatAM, Underground, and even the cameo in a Simpsons episode. THAT Jaleel White. And this is a non-profit fan film.

What'll really bake your noodle later on is, will Eggman be CG, or live-action?

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Neither do Tails or Knuckles but they do. He's always had fur they just never bothered to show it in detail. It's kinda implied.

Wouldn't Tails hairs count as fur and the same with Knuckles' dreadlocks. You say that the fur is kinda implied by who SonicTeam or the Fandom?

I'm guessing the reason for the fur has to do with the fact that he wants this to be a live action movie with a CG Sonic and certain other CG elements (like robots and whatnot). So having a more realistic looking Sonic was a natural choice, once you consider that.

Yeah but looking at the trailer. The Fur would just get in the way when Sonic is running at full Speed. I also passing this over because:

1. It is a fan movie.
2. It seem to be based on the SatAM Sonic show which I really never liked even as a kid.
3. Jaleel White I never liked him as Sonic voice. (I could never understand a word what he said when he voiced Sonic)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Yeah but looking at the trailer. The Fur would just get in the way when Sonic is running at full Speed. I also passing this over because:

1. It is a fan movie.
2. It seem to be based on the SatAM Sonic show which I really never liked even as a kid.
3. Jaleel White I never liked him as Sonic voice. (I could never understand a word what he said when he voiced Sonic)

It's not based on SatAM. He's stated this in interviews. For one thing, and this might irritate some fans, but he's said there are going to be humans on Sonic's side in the movie (presumably played by live-action actors also). He's just using the Freedom Fighter angle to set up a backstory. If anything, it's going to be based more on the older Genesis titles.

I can't really rebut your other arguments, because they sound more like preferences than anything else. But I at least wanted to clear that up. So sorry to anyone that was hoping, it's not going to be a SatAM fan film.

The only thing I don't know is, CG Robotnik, or live-action Robotnik? And yes, his name is going to be Robotnik. They used the name 'Eggman' as an ironic insult in the trailer (and possibly as a small nod to Sega Sonic). They're calling him Robotnik, because that's what he was known as to Americans back in the days of the older games.