• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I like what I've seen so far. There's an interview out there somewhere with more footage.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
That sounds familiar.

OH, Sonic 4.
But Sonic 4 wasn't bad was it? I mean, it may not be good in every sense of the term, but still...

Actually, the concept of having two Sonics with different abilities is pretty neat. Although I don't own either system, I will say this: I hope for the best of it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
When the most impressive product you can put out for a series is a 'Best of' of stages in new shiny graphics and STILL have people disappointed...
You can never please all of the audience. That's a fact.

Yeah, but I was thinking about how they were incorporating old time mechanics as well as newer ones.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
You say that like a majority of people have liked any Sonic game in the last five years that didn't have Rush somewhere in the title.
There were also the Advance titles by Dimps.

I will say this though, there seems to be a schism spiltting the retro fans, with the "modern Sonic is good" fans. I think they both believe that the retro games were great, hence the schism.

Dattebayo

Banned
The plot for the game seems a bit off considering that they used Modern Sonic in Sonic 4 instead of Classic Sonic. The gameplay for Classic Sonic may be easier for me to play as oppose to Modern Sonic's gameplay. Might as well guess that there may be a port of the game for the rumored Wii HD a few months after their release.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
This looks like a fusion between the "Look we've finally got the gameplay right" of Sonic Colours fused with the "Look it's all retro!" of Sonic 4. There is no way in hell this will live up to the hype it will end up with.

That being said, I'm confident they'll make a decent game. They proved they can with Sonic Colours, and hopefully Sonic Team can improve on it's little flaws without creating giant new ones. From what we know of the plot, I'm sceptical, but plot has never been amazingly important to Sonic.

Also, it seems that Spin Dash is officially a Classic Sonic signiture move. Hopefully this means it will go back to it's former glory, not the poor man's dash it's become.

Having said all this, I don't actually have a console I can play this on. Here's hoping for a project cafe port.

Edit: Also, on the video with the interview, towards the end you can briefly see classic eggman (robotnik?) on the goal sign. There are some conclusions to be jumped to here.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

You say that like a majority of people have liked any Sonic game in the last five years that didn't have Rush somewhere in the title.
Sonic Colors?

Anyhow, I'm just glad we finally have a Sonic game that actually has him using the Spindash (even if it's only during the Classic Sonic stages).

I'm excited.

/CL

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Sonic Colors?

Anyhow, I'm just glad we finally have a Sonic game that actually has him using the Spindash (even if it's only during the Classic Sonic stages).

I'm excited.

/CL

If you look carefully at the trailer you can see modern Sonic using as well but I think as an attack though.

Ah drat, I was hoping for Jaleel White to voice him, but eh, no big deal, they could at least give him sign language.

First off Jaleel White will have nothing to with the Sonic game ever. Secondly Sonic isn't deaf so why would he need sign language.

As for the gameplay itself it got me excited and I will pick up when it comes out as Sonic Team is capable of making a good Sonic again.

fhqwhgads

Sign language isn't just for Deaf people, you know. Anyone with moderate hearing loss could benefit from it, as could learning it to communicate with Deaf parents/children, or to help babies communicate before they can speak.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
We now have an almost complete playthrough of Green Hill Zone as both Classic and Modern Sonic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuj-6T_ymqg&feature=player_embedded
The physics for Classic Sonic look better than they did in Sonic 4 Imo, although I wish they would still have it so that you didn't uncurl off a slope. Then again, Classic Sonic doesn't have the homing attack, so that should prevent cheap midair Bubbles' placement. Modern Sonic's level design looks more like that found in the HD version of Unleashed, as opposed to Colo(u)rs, as you are constantly boosting and speeding through the level, and not really focusing on exploration.

Status
Not open for further replies.