• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Lol, first, old Sonic looks weird in 3d, with a disturbing face. Sega hasn't made many good games for a while, Sonic Colors was pretty fun though, so I don't know about this... It looks like a good game though!:D

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Why doesn't SEGA get that nobody likes the "Modern" stlye of play and level design? Why does Sega keep making almost every 3D Sonic game after have the same narrow level design and boosts every 3 seconds with that annoying blue blurish effect? I know it may be nitpicking but aren't the level designes from the Adventure/Heros, and yes even 06 better, space wise, lenth wise, and fun wise?

Why do people want to keep pressing the L/R buttons and "Drift" around corners that you don't even have enough space to move in?

TicoPokemonMaster

Too bad I'm going to miss out. Hopfully Sonic team does something special for nintendo owners other than the Mario and Sonic game.

TicoPokemonMaster

I think Sonic Colours was the Wii replacement for Sonic Generations.

Luckly for me I have yet to buy/play the game, and I am seemingly satisfied with the good reviews that Colors got.

Dattebayo

Banned
I wouldn't be at all surprised if SEGA does give the Wii its own exclusive 20th anniversary game. They'd be fools to ignore the Wii after Colors' success.

Colors wasn't that successful though. *points to Game Trailer's review*

Perhaps a port of Sonic Generations on Nintendo's rumored console would be possible.

TicoPokemonMaster

Just because Game trailer didn't like the game doesn't mean it wasn't sucessful. It has a game ranking of 77.98. The reviews of Destroid and Game Trailers were the only thing that stop it from having an 80 average. And there is no denying that it did WAY better than Unleashed did on all three consoles. And Colors is on par with Sonic Heroes with the game cube version getting a 74 average.

So I wouldn't point at one bad review.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Perhaps a port of Sonic Generations on Nintendo's rumored console would be possible.

Dattebayo everyone knows that the Game Trailer's review was stupid plus the game sold about 1.85 million units within the first two months of release.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT

The community at large seems to like it alright. That says more about it then any old review site ever could.

TicoPokemonMaster

If this game is only to play levels of sonics past and present without offering new levels then I wouldn't mind skipping it. All I have to do is pop my Sonic 3 & Knuckles Collection for the PC to play the classics.

Although I will say this. It will be pretty interesting to see how the modern and Dreamcast levels would look like with the Classical Sonic gameplay.

AXavierB

You have to be joking. A single review does not determine a game's success. Look at the reviews as a whole, not to mention fan reactions to the game.

Anyway, the thing I don't like about this game is that Sega are establishing "classic" and "modern" gameplay as two separate entities rather than blending the good aspects of each into one. I think it might further divide people's opinions on the game and it seems to imply they have little intention of integrating some older mechanics into future games. Of course, I could easily be wrong.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
The community at large seems to like it alright. That says more about it then any old review site ever could.

This, and don't forget that reviewers can get it wrong I mean remember This

Dattebayo

Banned
Just because Game trailer didn't like the game doesn't mean it wasn't sucessful. It has a game ranking of 77.98. The reviews of Destroid and Game Trailers were the only thing that stop it from having an 80 average. And there is no denying that it did WAY better than Unleashed did on all three consoles. And Colors is on par with Sonic Heroes with the game cube version getting a 74 average.

So I wouldn't point at one bad review.

But Game Trailers gave Unleashed a higher review than Colors, that's something saying.

Dattebayo everyone knows that the Game Trailer's review was stupid plus the game sold about 1.85 million units within the first two months of release.

You have to be joking. A single review does not determine a game's success. Look at the reviews as a whole, not to mention fan reactions to the game.

See this is why I want to know what makes a game a success. Is it critic reviews? Fan reactions? Sales?

This, and don't forget that reviewers can get it wrong I mean remember This

But Game Trailers doesn't make a fool of themselves as IGN and other game sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.