• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXavierB

It's a combination of all three. How the critics reacted, how the fans reacted, how well it sold. Of the three I'd say the fans' opinions is the most important thing; plenty of great games sold terribly.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
But Game Trailers gave Unleashed a higher review than Colors, that's something saying.

Not really. All is says is that the reviewer enjoyed Unleashed more than Colors.

See this is why I want to know what makes a game a success. Is it critic reviews? Fan reactions? Sales?

What determines whether or not a game is a success is sales. Sure, fan reactions and critical reviews can give you some idea about the general public opinion of it, but at the end of the day, if a game sells well, then it's a success.

Dattebayo

Banned
It's a combination of all three. How the critics reacted, how the fans reacted, how well it sold. Of the three I'd say the fans' opinions is the most important thing; plenty of great games sold terribly.

If that's true, then Brawl must've been the worst fighting game due to fan opinions.

Dattebayo

Banned
Opinions of a whiny minority of internet nerds, mind you.

Really? I thought it was actually the majority? But yeah, fan reaction isn't the best thing to determine a game a success as there may be a vocal minority of how the game didn't use his/her idea, which is what SEGA has been listening to throughout the years and the reason of my suspicions for this game.

piplup1036

I think it looks awsome. looks fun as well. LET's just hope it aint another sonic 06 >_<

AXavierB

I doubt that's even possible. That game was obviously unfinished from the start, just looking at demo videos. This one looks nearly complete.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If this game is only to play levels of sonics past and present without offering new levels then I wouldn't mind skipping it. All I have to do is pop my Sonic 3 & Knuckles Collection for the PC to play the classics.

The game features levels with the same terrain design and quirks that the stages they're inspired from had. There's no "take this particular act and 3D-fy it" anywhere, based on the video.

Shoot, it looks there's going to be some slight merging of the levels on top of that. I certainly didn't see those checkerboard shuttles C. Sonic is running on before he hits the goalpost anywhere in the original Green Hill Zone, but I certainly remember that being a defining trait of Emerald Hill Zone.

TicoPokemonMaster

But Game Trailers gave Unleashed a higher review than Colors, that's something saying.

You are probably not aware that Game Rankings is a site that gathers reviews scores and gives them a total average. Which is what I was talking about.
if you still don't understand I invite you to vist gamerankings.com and search both Unleashed and Colors and you will understand what I mean.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Who else do you think will appear?

Besides Sonic and Eggman, of course.

Dattebayo

Banned

TicoPokemonMaster

I think Shadow is going to be in the Dreamcast era and Modern era levels

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

TicoPokemonMaster

Sonic stadium and gonintendo are reporting that Sonic Generations is coming to 3DS according to a Gamestop game release sheet.

This is another reason for me to buy the 3DS.http:// gonintendo.com

Dattebayo

Banned
Sonic stadium and gonintendo are reporting that Sonic Generations is coming to 3DS according to a Gamestop game release sheet.

This is another reason for me to buy the 3DS.http:// gonintendo.com

Link isn't working, but other than that, I predict the 3DS version will be completely different from the 360/PS3 version in terms of graphics, gameplay, and features. I mean really, I can't imagine HD graphics on the 3DS.

TicoPokemonMaster

I will agree with you on the HD part Dattebayo. But I think that that having the 3D on full blast will allow for some impressive graphics. With Gameplay, If nintendo is pulling off a full 3D Mario adventure I don't see why Sonic Generations 3DS couldn't pull of the same gameplay.

The only beef I have is that if the game could be played without the 3D effects that would mean that the game would have similar wii graphics. Which would go against Sega's no HD on wii thing.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Here's your link.

I hope it's true, but it strikes me as surprising. Why 3DS but not Wii? (Though I would prefer 3DS anyway).

Any way, are there any obscure levels you hope make it in? I'd like to see Cosmic Angel or Chaos Angel from the advance trilogy make it in.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I hope it's true, but it strikes me as surprising. Why 3DS but not Wii? (Though I would prefer 3DS anyway).

The 3DS is newer, it is slightly more powerful, and if rumors are correct, they are coming out with a new Wii next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.