• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - Sonic's "Mario Kart," I Guess

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
At first, I just thought of it as a copy cat of MK. But I'll go ahead and give this game a try once it's released. Though, Sonic shouldn't drive a car when he's faster than one. :p

Chris

Old Coot
Once again: You don't want Sonic to run in a game engine designed for cart racing.

Pikachu78

Spider-Dan
When I saw the trailer and pics I thought it was basically Mario Kart with sonic and friends except different characters, different stages plus you can get Tail's Plane.

Slick

Banned
When I saw the trailer and pics I thought it was basically Mario Kart with sonic and friends except different characters, different stages plus you can get Tail's Plane.

Wait...aren't you that guy that made those threads based on Nintendo franchises that you thought were successful but weren't and when everyone bashed you for think that they were, you got ****** and opened a couple of threads to get one point across, that point being that you're leaving and never coming back?

CloverTheKirlia

Confidence Is Power
I didnt really like Sega superstar tennis for the fact that, if Sega is competing with Nintendo in sports, why in the world are they using other Sega characters? Nintendo didnt have Metroid or Pokemon or Legend of Zelda characters in their Mascot sports games, so why is Sega being retarded about this again? I dont know.

Besides, why can't it just be Sonic The Hedgehog characters, and have them race on FOOT? I'll probably buy this game just to see what it's like, but I'll probably ot like it... Even if it has Sonic in it. It's just retarded to have Sonic drive a car, when he's undeniably faster than it?

Nutshell this, Sonic chars + rest of Sega chars and Cars/planes(Reminds me of Diddy Kong racing 64) + Sonic chars = No sense And no way it will rival Mario Kart Wii.

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal

Besides, why can't it just be Sonic The Hedgehog characters, and have them race on FOOT? I'll probably buy this game just to see what it's like, but I'll probably ot like it... Even if it has Sonic in it. It's just retarded to have Sonic drive a car, when he's undeniably faster than it?

Because that game already exists, and has been out for over 10 years. T'was called Sonic R, and it's fairly terrible, aside from a catchy soundtrack.

Besides, Sonic may be fast, but due to his hedgehog nature, he's likely to be run over and flattened by the other racers if he steps foot outside his car. He's not in a car to level the playing field, it's to keep him alive.

Cobalt_Latios

Also, what baffles me is how this is still in the Nintendo section.
The game is being made for the Wii, no?

*C_L*

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I thought Sonic R was oddly fun...

...and the music may have begun the goofy lyrical songs in Sonic Era, but I thought they were oddly catchy.

Chris

Old Coot
I didnt really like Sega superstar tennis for the fact that, if Sega is competing with Nintendo in sports, why in the world are they using other Sega characters? Nintendo didnt have Metroid or Pokemon or Legend of Zelda characters in their Mascot sports games, so why is Sega being retarded about this again?
Because they actually have a large list of interesting characters outside of the Sonic universe?

People would soon claim SEGA's just copying Nintendo if they used only the Sonic cast, which isn't very interesting at all seeing as there's a large number of Hedgehog recolors of Sonic.

It's not stupid, it's smart to use a bigger variety of characters.

BCVM22

there's a large number of Hedgehog recolors of Sonic.

Shadow, Silver, Amy = 3

That's a large number? Particularly when anyone with two eyes would be hard pressed to mistake any of the three but Shadow for Sonic?

You might as well complain that the standard Mario cast has too many mustachioed, overall-wearing plumbers.

Gentleman Skeleton

I didnt really like Sega superstar tennis for the fact that, if Sega is competing with Nintendo in sports, why in the world are they using other Sega characters? Nintendo didnt have Metroid or Pokemon or Legend of Zelda characters in their Mascot sports games, so why is Sega being retarded about this again? I dont know.
Because unlike Mario, who has a cast of interesting characters in its franchise, Sonic is full of dull clones of rather vanilla characters. In order to compensate, Sega has finally done something smart by opening their titles to characters across their catalogue. You will find that the sheer size of the Sonic roster and the lack of personality in each character is reason #1 I hate modern Sonic and its fans with a passion. You'll find all the reasoing in this post I made earlier in the year to a Sonic X thread in the Alt. Anime section:

IMHO, this show represents everything that went wrong with ther Sonic the Hedgehog franchise as a whole. First of all, waaaaaaay too many characters. This problem is shared with the games. This wouldn't be so bad if the characters didn't have the personality of cardboard, but they do. Second, horrible plots. Maybe it was just the English dub that did it, but half the time I had no idea what the flying **** was going on. Third, the voices. Most of them made me want to bash my face in with a shovel until they stopped ringing in my ears. While the 4Kids actors aren't half bad in non-4Kids projects (Dan Green in Now and Then, Here and There comes to mind,) it's like the producers know how to extract the pure, unfiltered suck out of them and smear it all over whatever they're distributing. Fourth and final fact, the fans themselves. Those who repaint Sonic characters and claim them as their own. Those who draw Sonic characters in sexually explicit pictures and write fanfics with the same kind of material. That kind of fan annoys me to the utmost end.

Last edited: