• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Club V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC Trainer

Beginning Trainer
I ge that Sonic is changin all the time. However, when they destroy what made Sonic Sonic, then there's a problem
Um... I thinks that what made Sonic Sonic was the gameplay and his attitude. Not the story. Did you see the last trailer? Did you see the part when Sonic destroys the robots with his supersonic speed, and then beats the last one by pushing it with his feet? That sure looks like the Sega's Sonic that always has been there IMO. Fast, heroic, cool and funny.

And many Sonic fans say that they were dissapointed by the gameplay of the Adventure series, but loved the plots.

you don't know the game's gonna rock, and we're all entitled to our own opinions, so how about you shut the f*ck up? OK?
I never stated that Sonic 2006 is gonna rock (although I think it will do). I said that modern Sonic is pretty cool and fresh (IMO) because I played games like SA2. And although I don't like Shadow, I can stand him as long as the game and the plot are great.
And they are still producing old-school-style games like Sonic Heroes, Sonic Advance, Sonic Rush, etc. for those who don't like modern Sonic.

EXP:282

Is Back!!! For now.
Requesting to join. Been a Sonic fan since it started in 1991. :)
OOOO is teh stealer of my ships! XD....Jokes mate.
Sure you can join ^^.

Who is your favourite Sonic Character and why?
Vector the Crocodile hands down. He is the best character ever, I dig crocodiles with headphones xD I'm not sure why I like him, but I just do.

I like Shadow the Hedgehog, Vector's level rocks. He never said, "Find the computer room" once xD

Makes me wonder if Vector ever met Steve Irwin. XD

rob1610

The Leviathan
Hard to say...Sonic can be funny at times and appears cool...Knuckles is a riot and kinda like "dumb muscle" (a strong hot head who's been easily fooled by Eggman once or twice...or more...)...Shadow is one of those common "rogue" types these days (quiet and mysterious, but cool nontheless)...I don't really like any of those Chaotix guys...I'd have to say the robots. E-102 Gamma was awesome in SADX and E-123 Omega along with Team Dark owned them in Heroes. Second to them are Knuckles and Shadow.

EDIT: Ya know, when I first got into games, it was thanks to my parents getting my sisters a Master System for Christmas. I was the one that got hooked and got a Mega Drive for my 6th birthday. Since then, I was a Sonic and SEGA fanboy until the Nintendo 64. It was either that or Playstation. I got hooked onto Mario 64 and Mario Kart. I was a Sonic fan turned Nintendo, still loving Sonic. I am that person today. A HUGE Nintendo and SEGA fan! Which brings a question to mind: How did you get into Sonic and SEGA?

Last edited:

Is Back!!! For now.
Hard to say...Sonic can be funny at times and appears cool...Knuckles is a riot and kinda like "dumb muscle" (a strong hot head who's been easily fooled by Eggman once or twice...or more...)...Shadow is one of those common "rogue" types these days (quiet and mysterious, but cool nontheless)...I don't really like any of those Chaotix guys...I'd have to say the robots. E-102 Gamma was awesome in SADX and E-123 Omega along with Team Dark owned them in Heroes. Second to them are Knuckles and Shadow.

EDIT: Ya know, when I first got into games, it was thanks to my parents getting my sisters a Master System for Christmas. I was the one that got hooked and got a Mega Drive for my 6th birthday. Since then, I was a Sonic and SEGA fanboy until the Nintendo 64. It was either that or Playstation. I got hooked onto Mario 64 and Mario Kart. I was a Sonic fan turned Nintendo, still loving Sonic. I am that person today. A HUGE Nintendo and SEGA fan! Which brings a question to mind: How did you get into Sonic and SEGA?

Thats actually a good question...

How did you get into Sonic and SEGA?
Well, I do not know when my brothers got the Mega Drive since I was very young. But I used to watch them play games such as Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Ecco the Dolphin etc. There were a few games I'd play here and then but I'd totally suck at them. But I gave them a go anyways. One game that was especially hard was Ecco...that even gave my bros a hard time.

The Christmas of 1998 gave me and one of my brothers new toys - He got a Pokemon Themed N64 with Pokemon Snap while I recieved a pokemon themed Game Boy Colour with Pokemon Pinball. Our poor Mega Drive had its time. Its no longer used...but just a year a go I remember one hero who had stayed in my mind - Sonic the Hedgehog. I quickly studied what I had missed over the years and quickly got back the knowledge I needed. In the year of 2001/2 (cant remember) we borrowed my brothers friends DreamCast and he had Sonic Adventure on it. Back in those days I basically hardly had any friends and would be in my room after school everyday and everynight just daydreaming...good knows what I was daydreaming about...or I'd just be playing Banjo Kazooie on the N64 on or Crystal Version. Some crap like that.
But it got me a bit hooked on Sonic again. Nothings better than a recap on an old flame. XD.

Yes....but ive done longer essays. XD.

Vycksta

EXP:282 said:
OOOO is teh stealer of my ships! XD....Jokes mate.
Sure you can join ^^.
I am a stealer ell oh ell. ;D

... and thanks. Sonic is my second major fandom. *nod*

---

Who is your favourite Sonic character and why?
I have four.

1) Rouge. She's everything I once was... super confident with sarcasm dripping. My opposite, especially with the outfits she wears... ha, I lack the figure. I just like the girl a great deal.

2) Blaze. Very close second behind Rouge. Now Blaze is more like myself... generally paranoid, takes a while to open up, gets on with things. Plus she's a purple cat... and I like purple and I like cats. Plus I want her coat. xD *cackley* I also ship her with Rouge, which I call Roulaze. What, I like the "opposites attract" thing.

3) Wave. I love playing her on Sonic Riders... "Eat! My! Dust!" Wave I like for similar reasons to Rouge... bit of a sarcastic b!tch, confident, good character design. I hope she features in more games than Sonic Riders... the Babylon Rogues in general ooze massive potential.

4) Cream. OMG, Vycksta likes cute? Only in small doses... and that's Cream. She's so cute, if she was real i'd squeeze her cheeks and adopt her or something. Can't help but like her... and I ship her with Knuckles. Yes, I like shipping crack.

---

My old friends Donna and Keira. They brought a second hand Master System with the old Sonic 2 game. One day I went around to their house to see if they wanted to play but they were clearly engrossed in Sonic 2. I got curious and so I got invited in to have a go on the game. Soon enough, I was around there every day playing on it... then I got myself a Master System with the built in Sonic 1 game. That was it.

How old was I? Six... and i'm 21 now.

I actually saw Donna a few months ago. I was wearing a Sonic t-shirt and she said to me "You STILL into Sonic?". When I said yes she bragged that she was the one who got me obsessed... can't deny that. Cause she did. If you really must know Donna is now 23 and Keira is now 20.

Prof. 9

Hmm, long story, which starts, like 3 years ago, or something like that.

One of my friends and I were at my friends house. We were playing with our Game Boy Advance and I asked if I could see his GBA games. When I saw Sonic Advance 1, I began playing it and discovered the Tiny Chao Garden. I was totally obsessed by the cute little creature, but I eventually closed the Garden and went playing the game. I loved the characters, and how you had to play the game, it was totally new for me. My friend told me a lot of things he knew about Sonic and his friends, and I went home later. I came back a lot of times, not only to play with the Chao, but also to defeat Robotnik a few times.

2 years later.

I went to visit my aunt, who lives far away, together with my dad and sister. She had a Dreamcast, and when she showed her games I immediatly saw Sonic Adventure 1, I played it all day long. I even was a little sad when I had to go home.

A few months later.

I was looking around in a game shop, to see if they had cheap PC games. I saw Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut PC Version, and I knew: This is the game I liked so much, I MUST buy it! It was only €5,-, so I bought it and played it at home. When I completed it, I wasn't satisfied yet, I wanted to plsy more Sonic games! A few months later I bought Sonic Heroes PC Version, and a few months later: that's where we are now.

AJ Flibble

Emohawk

My mate had the original, this being about 8 years ago now. I played, I got, and that's pretty much it TBH.

E-102 Gamma

MUHAHAH!!!!

Me? it's kinda dramatic:

At first, I wished to stamp on Sonic's skull, (Being the true blue Mario fan...) but then, on one fateful night, my dad dragged me to the computer store, and look who I came face-to-face with:

Sonic the Hedgehog...

It was always something about his eyes that got me, anyway, the game was: SADX, I bought the game...

... and let the beautiful sting of addiction course through my veins! (Of couse, Mario now HATES me for hanging out with the blue freak! ;D)

and, BTW:

I'M GONNA GET A SHADOW PLUSHIE!!!!

Saurior

Solar Powered
Hey, EXP:282, you skipped me! :( *wipes away tears*
Oh well, I'll ask again: can I please join?

Like I said :)p), I got into Sonic because of the TV Shows Adventures of Sonic and SatAM. From there, I didn't play many games unfortunately (I do have the Mega Collection now to catch up ;)), but I just loved his attitude and overall coolness. And that never changed.

Last edited:

Is Back!!! For now.
Hey, EXP:282, you skipped me! :( *wipes away tears*
Oh well, I'll ask again: can I please join?

Like I said :)p), I got into Sonic because of the TV Shows Adventures of Sonic and SatAM. From there, I didn't play many games unfortunately (I do have the Mega Collection now to catch up ;)), but I just loved his attitude and overall coolness. And that never changed.
Woops. Sorry...welcome aboard. XD

TotodileCharizard

Well when Sonic Heroes first came out, I had gotten outta Sonic cause I got bored of it, then I saw Vector and the rest is history and I started getting back into it. Yep. Vector is like my Sonic life.

rob1610

The Leviathan
Thats actually a good question...

Well, I do not know when my brothers got the Mega Drive since I was very young. But I used to watch them play games such as Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Ecco the Dolphin etc. There were a few games I'd play here and then but I'd totally suck at them. But I gave them a go anyways. One game that was especially hard was Ecco...that even gave my bros a hard time.

The Christmas of 1998 gave me and one of my brothers new toys - He got a Pokemon Themed N64 with Pokemon Snap while I recieved a pokemon themed Game Boy Colour with Pokemon Pinball. Our poor Mega Drive had its time. Its no longer used...but just a year a go I remember one hero who had stayed in my mind - Sonic the Hedgehog. I quickly studied what I had missed over the years and quickly got back the knowledge I needed. In the year of 2001/2 (cant remember) we borrowed my brothers friends DreamCast and he had Sonic Adventure on it. Back in those days I basically hardly had any friends and would be in my room after school everyday and everynight just daydreaming...good knows what I was daydreaming about...or I'd just be playing Banjo Kazooie on the N64 on or Crystal Version. Some crap like that.
But it got me a bit hooked on Sonic again. Nothings better than a recap on an old flame. XD.

Yes....but ive done longer essays. XD.

Daydream, huh? Didn't we all? I used to in Primary School all the time. In High School, it turned into falling asleep in class! -_- lol. I'd do nothing but play games which is why I have little friends and never had a girlfriend (mind you, I usually don't tell anyone that). I find anything done by Nintendo, SEGA or Rare to be as true master piece. The N64 had all the classics like Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong, etc. I still have my N64 and play them! Same with my Dreamcast. The only SEGA generation I missed was the days of the Genesis.

Last edited:

Saurior

Solar Powered
Woops. Sorry...welcome aboard. XD

Haha, it's ok :D
I've gotten more into Sonic the past few months actually, buying the Mega Collection, Heroes and Rush for the DS. It's been a while since I played Heroes though, that camera just frustrates me to pieces sometimes. Rush is extremely cool, almost completed that. The Mega Collection crashed my computer yesterday O_O
That one I bought because people kept on ranting about the first Sonic games being far better than the "Next-gen Sonic" (Adventures, Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog), and I wanted to know what the fuss was all about. And, of course, to own the classic Sonic games, a must for a fan ^_^

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I've recorded several of Sonic X episodes on tapes. New topic.

When Sara been kidnapped by Dr.Eggman's henchmen(Shadow,Rouge,Scratch,and Grounder)then the President from Sonic X sends Sonic,and his friends Tails,Knuckles,Amy,and Chris to rescue her from the cluthes of Dr.Eggman, what do you think of their reactions?

Last edited:

Is Back!!! For now.

When Sara been kidnapped by Dr.Eggman's henchmen(Shadow,Rouge,Scratch,and Grounder)then President(Sonic X)sends Sonic,and his friends Tails,Knuckles,Amy,and Chris to rescue her from the cluthes of Dr.Eggman, what do you think of their reactions?

I haven't really seen the movie...so I don't really know how Sara works to be honest. XD

rob1610

The Leviathan

When Sara been kidnapped by Dr.Eggman's henchmen(Shadow,Rouge,Scratch,and Grounder)then President(Sonic X)sends Sonic,and his friends Tails,Knuckles,Amy,and Chris to rescue her from the cluthes of Dr.Eggman, what do you think of their reactions?

Ok, time for me to go. I STILL haven't seen past the first 12 episodes >_> I'm trying to get the DVD's, I have 1, 3 and 4, but I haven't seen any Sonic X DVD's in ANY store for the past year!

Trooper Guy

Lost in history...
Sorry i haven't been posting that often. I'm back now. I had some things to sort out.

Well, my parents got a Sega Mega Drive for the family (when i was young, about six?) and we played the Sonic games the most (next to Streetfighter). I played my cousin's Game Gear and it was awesome. I remember first playing Sonic Triple Trouble, Wonderboy and Columns. Great classics right there, in my opinion. Oh, and my friends at my first school all liked Sega as well, so there you go.

The Mega Collection was a gaming necessity(sp?) for me, as the classic Sonic games were back (but the method used to unlock Ristar is rediculous, i STILL haven't unlocked that game).

Last edited:

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I hope I can get the Wii. Is Sonic WIld Fire going to be one of the first games for the Wii?

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I haven't really seen the movie...so I don't really know how Sara works to be honest. XD

Sara is the president's daughter from Sonic the Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.