• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Club V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob1610

The Leviathan
Let's give a big thanks to the music department over at SEGA/Sonic Team. Throughout the years, they've provided excellent music. Whether it be the band Rock/Techno/etc. music from games such as Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 or the in-game music from the old days such as Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, etc., it's all good!

I have one other question: Why is SEGA in capitols in it's logo? That usually symbolises that it means something, like Standard Electronic Gaming Association or something like that...if so, what does it stand for?

EXP:282

Is Back!!! For now.
Let's give a big thanks to the music department over at SEGA/Sonic Team. Throughout the years, they've provided excellent music. Whether it be the band Rock/Techno/etc. music from games such as Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 or the in-game music from the old days such as Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, etc., it's all good!

I have one other question: Why is SEGA in capitols in it's logo? That usually symbolises that it means something, like Standard Electronic Gaming Association or something like that...if so, what does it stand for?
Sega started in 1940 as Standard Games (then later changed to Service Games)
back in Hawaii. Then someone suggested they move the company to Tokyo in 1951 and May the next year they game the name of SErvice GAmes of Japan.

I got it from good ol' Wiki.

Oh and I recently bought Shadow the Hedgehog. Its an alright game to me. To what I believe a good gamer is one who can see through all the problems and use them as a challenge. Thats what I read somewhere. XD

rob1610

The Leviathan
Sega started in 1940 as Standard Games (then later changed to Service Games)
back in Hawaii. Then someone suggested they move the company to Tokyo in 1951 and May the next year they game the name of SErvice GAmes of Japan.

I got it from good ol' Wiki.

Oh and I recently bought Shadow the Hedgehog. Its an alright game to me. To what I believe a good gamer is one who can see through all the problems and use them as a challenge. Thats what I read somewhere. XD

Well, I don't read Wikipedia. Sometimes I just can't be bothered. Nice to know, though.

Shadow the Hegehog is cool, but my friend got sick and tired of hearing that line at the end of the game. What was it? "I finally know who I am. I am the ultimate!" or something like that...and to use those...messed up glitches in Heroes and Shadow to your advantage is INDEED a challenge! My challenge is to survive the whole game WITH those glitches. o_O

Is Back!!! For now.
Lol.
I get peed off with it sometimes. I usually damn it when Shadow says it. XD and I curse and swear and yadda yadda yadda.

rob1610

The Leviathan
Lol.
I get peed off with it sometimes. I usually damn it when Shadow says it. XD and I curse and swear and yadda yadda yadda.

Trust me, your not NEARLY as bad as me! >_> I once had Sonic Heroes on Gamecube and had it complete. But I had to format my Memory Card and completing it again was a task and a half! Unfortunately, that game isn't with me now. One bad glitch in Team Sonic's Castle world (14, I think) cost me my last life. The disc flew away, crashed into a wall and snapped in half! Can you guess why? >_>

If I get annoyed I'll yell and curse, and I sometimes get ready to throw stuff if it's REALLY bad, but most of the time I resist. 2 snapped discs and a small hole in my wall (still there xD) from a controller are the only things that have gone too far -_-

I didn't even finish heroes the Chaotix thing was downright horrible to play those missions sucked x_x

rob1610

The Leviathan
I didn't even finish heroes the Chaotix thing was downright horrible to play those missions sucked x_x

Agreed. This is how far I've gotten in my latest version of Sonic Heroes:
Team Sonic: Final boss.
Team Rose: Complete.
Team Dark: Final level.
Team Chaotix: Level 5 (I think it is).
See the big picture here? The final boss keeps glitching on me and the final level for Team Dark is annoying. I'm up to the forest for Team Chaotix and it's very annoying to say the least!

rob1610

The Leviathan
GASP? Team Chaotix was my favorite characters, and I LOVED their Theme Song!

Yeah, fun to play as. All teams were fun to play as, apart from Team Rose, but it's the levels that I didn't like. Some Team Chaotix levels are ok, but ones like "Don't let the frogs see you!" are just annoying! I find them very challenging.

EDIT:
I like all Sonic music. Whether it's the levels music or a theme song, it's cool. I've got the soundtracks from Sonic Adventure onwards.

Last edited:

Is Back!!! For now.
Agreed. This is how far I've gotten in my latest version of Sonic Heroes:
Team Sonic: Final boss.
Team Rose: Complete.
Team Dark: Final level.
Team Chaotix: Level 5 (I think it is).
See the big picture here? The final boss keeps glitching on me and the final level for Team Dark is annoying. I'm up to the forest for Team Chaotix and it's very annoying to say the least!

With Team Sonic, try gaining all three levels with all formations. Then use Tails/Rouge to use Thundershoot as soon as you have level 2 flight. If you cant, use Knuckles to throw Sonic and Tails at Eggman.

I had a few glitchs with Team Sonic on the last level. At the very start of the stage when the trio were flying through the air all the sudden they fell. I wasn't even touching the controller...it was very wierd.

I also have a problem on Sonic Heroes with the second Hermit crab mission with Team Chaotix. I can never find the last one!!!

And with the Chaotix....
Have you tried invisibility with Espio? That might help a little.

rob1610

The Leviathan
With Team Sonic, try gaining all three levels with all formations. Then use Tails/Rouge to use Thundershoot as soon as you have level 2 flight. If you cant, use Knuckles to throw Sonic and Tails at Eggman.

I had a few glitchs with Team Sonic on the last level. At the very start of the stage when the trio were flying through the air all the sudden they fell. I wasn't even touching the controller...it was very wierd.

I also have a problem on Sonic Heroes with the second Hermit crab mission with Team Chaotix. I can never find the last one!!!

And with the Chaotix....
Have you tried invisibility with Espio? That might help a little.

I know all that. As I said, it's those darn glitches! And I actually don't know how far I am with Team Chaotix. I was just using that as an example.

Is Back!!! For now.
Well, I've got the Xbox Version so I wouldn't know. But be thankful you don't have the PS2 version. Apparently that was the worst out of the 3 released on Multiplatform. I actually played that at my friends birthday party this year and...by god, it had the worst frame rate ever!

rob1610

The Leviathan
Well, I've got the Xbox Version so I wouldn't know. But be thankful you don't have the PS2 version. Apparently that was the worst out of the 3 released on Multiplatform. I actually played that at my friends birthday party this year and...by god, it had the worst frame rate ever!

You have NO idea! >_> I had the Gamecube version first, to go with my other Sonic titles (the Adventure series and Mega Collection), but the disc snapped. I sold Mega Collection and got the Gems Collection for Gamecube and got MC Plus and Heroes for PS2. Both got ruined with my first PS2 and a bunch of other games a few years ago (my bag with the PS2 and games in it got thrown into a nearby river...#$%@ing #@%$'s!) so I got them both on X-box.

Is Back!!! For now.
You have NO idea! >_> I had the Gamecube version first, to go with my other Sonic titles (the Adventure series and Mega Collection), but the disc snapped. I sold Mega Collection and got the Gems Collection for Gamecube and got MC Plus and Heroes for PS2. Both got ruined with my first PS2 and a bunch of other games a few years ago (my bag with the PS2 and games in it got thrown into a nearby river...#$%@ing #@%$'s!) so I got them both on X-box.

Ooo that must suck so much. I'd really crack it if that ever happened to me.

Hmm...time for a new topic...

What are your top 3 favourite Sonic games of all time?
1.Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Basically it was our first Sonic game on Mega Drive. We've also got Mega Collection Plus and its fun to use Debug Mode in it XD.

2.Sonic Rush - Not only the first Sonic game on DS but my first game on my DS. (And its my only game at the moment XD) From its Scrolling Perspective, Its mix of old and new.

3.Sonic Adventure - We borrowed a Dream Cast a few years back and it rocked!

rob1610

The Leviathan
Ooo that must suck so much. I'd really crack it if that ever happened to me.

Hmm...time for a new topic...

1.Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Basically it was our first Sonic game on Mega Drive. We've also got Mega Collection Plus and its fun to use Debug Mode in it XD.

2.Sonic Rush - Not only the first Sonic game on DS but my first game on my DS. (And its my only game at the moment XD) From its Scrolling Perspective, Its mix of old and new.

3.Sonic Adventure - We borrowed a Dream Cast a few years back and it rocked!

I did crack! >_> I was so PO'd I didn't calm down for a week! I also think it sucks that they stopped porduction on Sonic Rush. I went to buy it the other day and nowhere has it because of it. :mad:

Hard to decide, but here's goes!

1. Sonic Adventure - Plain and simple, it rules! It did what Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 is doing now. Best story, best graphics, best 3D gameplay and best music by far for any Sonic game.

2. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Even though I've completed it and had it for years, I still haven't put it down! The Chao's have kept me and my friends entertained after it's continuation of what Sonic Adventure did. I still thought Sonic Adventure had a better story, though, even if this one had Shadow.

3. Sonic Mega Collection - It has ALL the classics! Mind you, I have never played Sonic CD until I got Gems Collection. It's good, but doesn't beat the awesomeness of Sonic 2! Along that came a laugh and a half from years back with 3's multiplayer! ^_^ Both 4 and 5 in my top Sonic games come together in one!

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer

1)Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.- It had battle songs, battlegrounds,and you can raise your chao on Gamecube,and on GBA. Even though I completed it long time ago.

2)Sonic Heroes- You can control three character at once. Great songs, and special stage.

3) Sonic Riders- It's like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on 2P Mode where you can do tricks like Sonic,and Shadow. Only everyone can do tricks in an extreme race.

Is Back!!! For now.
You're lucky. I'll probably get the game way later than anyone else.
We'll be here to accept your opinion of course.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I must be vry careful. Sonic 2006 could be the most difficult Sonic game that I ever play. And I'll get it on PS3. Sounds good?

rob1610

The Leviathan
Well, my opinion is just to answer a few questions I've had about the game that you might like to know.

1. The glitches are still there. -_- But more like Shadow the Hedgehog's glitches. They are either very apparant or non-existant. It depends where you are and stuff. And yes, the camera is still glitchy, too.

2. From the videos I've seen, Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 seems slowed down compared to older titles. And it's true. Even though it's slowed down, you can still get a sense of speed and this slow down helps prevent the stop/start thing in the past. It works very well.

3. Silver's control methods are unique and new, and they do work pretty well. I'm use to his new controls already and I'm having lots of fun! :D I've found my new favorite Sonic character! :D

I haven't played as Shadow yet, nor have I unlocked him. I'm having trouble in one of the glitchy levels, one of the "grinding" ones. You know in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic's first level where you grind on that board thing down the city streets? Those levels have returned and I'm finding them glitchy. -_- Although it's probably just me missing the rails and hitting the wrong spots.....you can't attack while on the board and if you run into certain objects, it's death! o_O

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that when I was getting Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, I noticed the discontinued game Sonic Rush. I grabbed that, too. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.