• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Talk about any of the Sonic the Hedgehog games here. From the classic 8 (Master System) and 16 (Genesis/Mega Drive) Bit games to the recent 3D games. And no, this thread is not just for complaining about Sonic '06. :p

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
These threads have a tendancy to dwindel into an utter shitefest. The should of been one of the BANNED topics because NOBODY can give an opinion about Sonic without Internet Backdraft and Flamewars taking place.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
this sonic thread belongs in the nintendo discussion section, sonic has become nintendo's new bitch.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

this sonic thread belongs in the nintendo discussion section, sonic has become nintendo's new bitch.
True, but considering how badly Sonic Team works with their own franchise, it could swing both ways.

Eh, I'll give it 5-10 posts before this crashes. Anyone wanna place bets? I'll start at 6 posts, just to be safe ;). (not counting the OP)

edit: just because
Sonic Rush ftw!

<C_L>

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Eh, I'll give it 5-10 posts before this crashes. Anyone wanna place bets? I'll start at 6 posts, just to be safe ;).

<C_L>

we are at 4 (5 now) i bet there will be 7 since the yanks are starting to come online now, what will be the grand prize tonight?

and to contribute a little:
the only good stuff about sonic is found on youtube, for the rest it's all dead meat.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
That's because Zero Nexus got the one good copy of the game.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
My favorite video game series, despite the hate it generates nowadays. I always find myself going back to playing the old 2D games every now and then, trying to find secret paths that I never knew existed before, like in Hydrocity Zone, and finding a second secret ring in Flying Battery's first act about two weeks ago. I even make a mini-game out of it, such as finding the seven checkpoints in Emerald Hill Zone in Sonic 2, and finding the seven Secret Super Rings in Sonic 3 and Knuckles's version of Mushroom Hill Zone.

Aside from Sonic 06, which I haven't played yet, the only recent game I can say has disappointed me is Black Knight, and that's mostly because of the length of the game. It took me 4 hours to beat it. But the other games, like Heroes and ShTH, I have enjoyed to a great extent (in ShTH's case, I don't think of it as a Sonic game + violence, I just treat it as a choose-a-path generic shooter with a well-made storyline, lol)

I'm looking forward for Project Needlemouse, because none of the 2D games are terrible, as Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure demonstrate. But I'm curious as to what the storyline will be like, or if they'll take a page from the Genesis games, and not even mention a plot in-game, and just save it for the manual.

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
That's because Zero Nexus got the one good copy of the game.

What!!! so Sega gave him the good copy while the rest of us got the crap version.

At last it make perfect sense.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I liked Sonic '06 too! *shot*

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
My personal favorite 3d game was Sonic Unleashed, aside from the wherehog levels. So much speed!

-Sonansu!-

Not A Happy Camper
I was just playing Sonic the Fighters last night on Sonic Gems Collection. Fun, fun game.

Sonic is one of my favorite series. There are a few games that are....not so good but that applies to every series.

The last one I got major enjoyment out of however was Unleashed. I'm patiently waiting for Project Needlemouse and Sonic/Sega All-Stars Racing. I know the latter isn't patently a Sonic game, but it's got plenty of characters from the series.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Cobalt_Latios

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan

BCVM22

Despite the fact that he still appears on all three consoles where applicable. Good call.

or if they'll revamp it to Rush style graphics?

Very little chance.

YEA- I wonder how they're going about doing this?

My best guess is that for every copy, they intend to put the requisite Genesis cartridges in a pneumatic press and simply compress them all into one piece of media the size of a DS game card. Nyuk nyuk.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Sonic Collection on the DS? OH HEEL YES :D

Anywho, Sonic Adventure remains my favorite Sonic game. Amazing soundtrack and all that...then again, it's a Sonic game. Of course it'll have an awesome soundtrack.