• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan

Wat.
Why does everyone hate Silver? He's a better character then Big, Cream, and Charmy.
He's the stereotypical emo. He's like Shadow, except he can't harm a fly and he wasn't cool even once. He has no character developement other than one theme that could have made his story decent but was only used once (the line was the one where he questions if it's right to kill Sonic). Also, his v.a. is unrememerable (even for a Sonic V.A.) and his theme song is boring.

Cobalt_Latios

As bad as Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed were, they had some pretty damn beautiful soundtracks. Unleashed especially, with its orchestrated music.
Very much so. I'll give you that.

Special Stage and Ice Cap Zone? You better believe I heard those for at least 10 minutes each when running through them.
Ice Cap? Damn straight!

Also, major boss battles.

Gaia Temple theme and Dark Gaia Phase 2 theme? Easily top 10 of all Sonic songs.
Wow, surprisingly good ones. I like them.

Truefax. Spagonia, Empire City, Holoska...MY GOD.

Especially Empire City - Night. That is one badass harmonica. You know a soundtrack is good when even the hub music is awesome.

Fumie Kumatani rocks.
I'll give you that one. If there's one thing Sonic games have had a good track record with, it's the music.

Ehh i remember sky deck, but the others don't ring a bell. That's the thing for me, very few of the new songs stand out as being memorable. On the other hand, i can remember every song in Sonic 1,2,3,and S&K. Oh yeah, and Sonic R too! :D
Sonic Rush, had, many, good, tracks, too, !

Sonic a true video game hero
Gordon Freeman is not one

WUT?

Have you even played the Half-Life series?
Thanks for that. I was going to reply, but this works better.

And I've never really been that great with comebacks...

Before we completely leave the subject of music...

Holy crap, Unleashed has some beautiful music. :O
*nods*

C_L

Why does everyone hate Silver? He's a better character then Big, Cream, and Charmy.

Because now with Silver were gunna get a "Silver the Hedgehog" game which main purpose is to make more plotholes and time paradoxes. And extremely slow platforming. And guns. Guns make everything better. Yes? Hmm.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I like Silver. His story seems okay and all and if we're lucky we might see him in a game better than Unleashed's day levels.

If Sega wants...

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
I happen to like Silver, and i know some other people who do...

Besides, there's nothing wrong with having a "stereotypical emo" character.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Silver is emo? Really? Since he's a younger hedgehog he came off as having sort of a naive personality. More-so then Sonic or Shadow in the least. It's not that he doesn't know how to be happy but more that he's never had a reason to be truly happy before. He came from a terrible place after all.

I feel as though Silver never really had a chance to become a " likeable " character. He was pretty much doomed from the start having debuted in one of the most hated Sonic games in recent memory. Since the game he was originally in was panned they may feel gun-shy about having him return for a main role.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
He's had main roles in 06, Rivals, and the sequel. He's also appeared in Secret Rings's Party mode, as well as Black Knight's multiplayer mode, Sonic Rider's: Zero Gravity, and in the Winter Olympic Games.

I thought the Rivals series was, at the very least, mediocre though? Or am I spewing false statements? I've only played a small bit of Rivals 2, but I haven't seen any negative statements regarding that series.

Rivals kinda flew under the radar, but there wasn't anything outstanding about it anyway. For the longest time i didn't even know Rivals had a sequel.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Rivals kinda flew under the radar, but there wasn't anything outstanding about it anyway. For the longest time i didn't even know Rivals had a sequel.

Of course there was nothing outstanding about Rivals it was a bland racing game where people got turn into cards (I think)

So anyway, I hope that we don't get a "Shadow the Hedgehog" type game for Silver. Although I would LOVE to hear Silver says something like,"With these 7 chaos emeralds, i will travel thru time AGAIN to do... something... important... DIS IZ HOO I AM! *some kind of nasel evil laugh*"

Surfing_Pikachu

So anyway, I hope that we don't get a "Shadow the Hedgehog" type game for Silver. Although I would LOVE to hear Silver says something like,"With these 7 chaos emeralds, i will travel thru time AGAIN to do... something... important... DIS IZ HOO I AM! *some kind of nasel evil laugh*"
You are a strange, strange person.

Cobalt_Latios

You are a strange, strange person.
You're just now realizing this?

Been thinking recently of trying to finish up ol' Sonic Adventure DX. I finished up Sonic's story segment, and just began with Tails'. I dunno, I'm not sure I want to continue, but if I want to successfully "finish" the game, I'm going to have to.

Don't have Sonic Unleashed, although I have been debating whether or not I should get it for 360 or Wii.

C_L