1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Dragonite19, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Dragonite19

Dragonite19 Dragonite Fan

You know, the music sounds a lot better when you're not fighting boring and slow wherehog levels. :p Seriously though, that is some really great music. Quite impressive.

2. 42

42 Wat.

He's the stereotypical emo. He's like Shadow, except he can't harm a fly and he wasn't cool even once. He has no character developement other than one theme that could have made his story decent but was only used once (the line was the one where he questions if it's right to kill Sonic). Also, his v.a. is unrememerable (even for a Sonic V.A.) and his theme song is boring.

3. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

Very much so. I'll give you that.

Ice Cap? Damn straight!

Also, major boss battles.

Wow, surprisingly good ones. I like them.

I'll give you that one. If there's one thing Sonic games have had a good track record with, it's the music.

Sonic Rush, had, many, good, tracks, too, !

Thanks for that. I was going to reply, but this works better.

And I've never really been that great with comebacks...

*nods*

C_L

4. SulkingSableye

SulkingSableye Hmm....

Because now with Silver were gunna get a "Silver the Hedgehog" game which main purpose is to make more plotholes and time paradoxes. And extremely slow platforming. And guns. Guns make everything better. Yes? Hmm.

5. Electivirus

Electivirus Not really, no.

That made no sense.

What.

6. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

I like Silver. His story seems okay and all and if we're lucky we might see him in a game better than Unleashed's day levels.

If Sega wants...

7. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

the world is still as intolerant as the dark ages and silver happens to look gay. that's why he's hated so much.

8. Zero Nexus

Zero Nexus Stand up, go for it

I happen to like Silver, and i know some other people who do...

Besides, there's nothing wrong with having a "stereotypical emo" character.

9. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Silver is emo? Really? Since he's a younger hedgehog he came off as having sort of a naive personality. More-so then Sonic or Shadow in the least. It's not that he doesn't know how to be happy but more that he's never had a reason to be truly happy before. He came from a terrible place after all.

I feel as though Silver never really had a chance to become a " likeable " character. He was pretty much doomed from the start having debuted in one of the most hated Sonic games in recent memory. Since the game he was originally in was panned they may feel gun-shy about having him return for a main role.

10. Burning Orphanage

Burning Orphanage Liscensed Pedophile

Didn't Silver have a major role in Rivals too?
    And sucked just as much in that game?

11. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

He's had main roles in 06, Rivals, and the sequel. He's also appeared in Secret Rings's Party mode, as well as Black Knight's multiplayer mode, Sonic Rider's: Zero Gravity, and in the Winter Olympic Games.

I thought the Rivals series was, at the very least, mediocre though? Or am I spewing false statements? I've only played a small bit of Rivals 2, but I haven't seen any negative statements regarding that series.

12. Surfing_Pikachu

Surfing_Pikachu ____________

Yes there is. Unless you're of those anime tools.

13. Electivirus

Electivirus Not really, no.

I haven't heard any statements about Rivals at all. Hell, I only know that it exists. -__-

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  14. SulkingSableye

SulkingSableye Hmm....

Rivals kinda flew under the radar, but there wasn't anything outstanding about it anyway. For the longest time i didn't even know Rivals had a sequel.

15. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

Of course there was nothing outstanding about Rivals it was a bland racing game where people got turn into cards (I think)

16. Chris

Chris Old Coot

You're the reason Japanese video games have made it a standard, thinking it's okay.

17. SulkingSableye

SulkingSableye Hmm....

So anyway, I hope that we don't get a "Shadow the Hedgehog" type game for Silver. Although I would LOVE to hear Silver says something like,"With these 7 chaos emeralds, i will travel thru time AGAIN to do... something... important... DIS IZ HOO I AM! *some kind of nasel evil laugh*"

18. Surfing_Pikachu

Surfing_Pikachu ____________

You are a strange, strange person.

19. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

You're just now realizing this?

Been thinking recently of trying to finish up ol' Sonic Adventure DX. I finished up Sonic's story segment, and just began with Tails'. I dunno, I'm not sure I want to continue, but if I want to successfully "finish" the game, I'm going to have to.

Don't have Sonic Unleashed, although I have been debating whether or not I should get it for 360 or Wii.

C_L

20. SulkingSableye

SulkingSableye Hmm....

Huh. I had a friend write that... he... added his own stuff to what i ment to say... sorry.

Anyway, what I WANTED to say was, "What do you think? -Silver the Hedgehog- sound like a good game? What do you think?