• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I think sometime in Sonic Adventure, anyways, does it matter that Tails stole the Plane from Sonic?

Er Sonic didn't piloted the Tornado in Adventure. Advance was the only time he did. (unless he did in other game).

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
It's kind of justified at this point. When's the last time Sonic piloted his Tornado, Sonic Advance?

Nowadays it's as if Tails has commandeered the plane and taken it as his own.

Sonic has piloted the X tornado in Sonic advance (original) when you play as Tails (Miles) Prower.

We're talking about a plane guys, does this have anything to do with anything important about Sonic or something irrelevant to the games (Except SA where you piloted it and even did an Air Force fight) and the story xP

Anyways guys, is it me or does a little jingle from Mario Games play when Sonic gets a life in Colors (I've seen demos and observed the sounds)

Cobalt_Latios

In order (music):

Sonic Colors > Sonic Unleashed > Sonic Adventure > Sonic Heroes > Sonic the Hedgehog 2 > Sonic Adventure 2 > Sonic the Hedgehog 3 > Sonic Advance > Sonic and Knuckles > Sonic Rush > Sonic 3D (Saturn) > nobody cares about the rest.

Words truly do fail me trying to express how awesome the final boss music.

Wait, that remarks sounds awfully familiar...

*realizes who posted previously, notices user title*

Oh lord no...

But, it's true.

Terminal Velocity is officially the best song in the game. Anyone trying to dispute this will be dragged away and taken care of.

Have a nice day. :3
I won't dispute, that is awesome.

It's kind of justified at this point. When's the last time Sonic piloted his Tornado, Sonic Advance?

Nowadays it's as if Tails has commandeered the plane and taken it as his own.
Could have sworn Tails was always in ownership of it.

C_L

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The Tornado is originally Sonic's. It's how he got to Tails's home island before the events of Sonic 2.

Tails is just a better pilot than Sonic. He got a grip on how the plane worked on the first day, was able to pilot it safely during Sky Chase Zone, and managed to safely land it, repair it, and strap a rocket engine to it and get back in the air during the events of Wing Fortress Zone. It would make sense that Sonic would give the plane to Tails since he can simply handle it better.

TicoPokemonMaster

I like the music from Sonic Colors. But I couldn't help but think that Sonic Team borrowed the Mario Orchestra to make the final boss music. As good as the game is it is hard for me to not see it as something similar to galaxy 1 and 2. Everything from the music to some of the power up wisps remind me of galaxy 2.

Last edited:
I like the music from Sonic Colors. But I couldn't help but think that Sonic Team borrowed the Mario Orchestra to make the final boss music. As good as the game is it is hard for me to see it as something similar to galaxy 1 and 2

Alot of people find Sonic Colors similar to Galaxy. I am one of those people xP

I especially find the power ups a ripoff from the Mario Series, especially the White Wisp/Luma

Cobalt_Latios

The Tornado is originally Sonic's. It's how he got to Tails's home island before the events of Sonic 2.

Tails is just a better pilot than Sonic. He got a grip on how the plane worked on the first day, was able to pilot it safely during Sky Chase Zone, and managed to safely land it, repair it, and strap a rocket engine to it and get back in the air during the events of Wing Fortress Zone. It would make sense that Sonic would give the plane to Tails since he can simply handle it better.
Oh. I was not aware of that. Thank you for the insight.

It is kind of hard to figure these things out from a Genesis game though... and when you're about the age of 5-6 and whatnot.

C_L

TicoPokemonMaster

Alot of people find Sonic Colors similar to Galaxy. I am one of those people xP

I especially find the power ups a ripoff from the Mario Series, especially the White Wisp/Luma

man there I go again I meant to say what you said. It just came out wrong when I wrote it. I'll go fix it. Another example is the drill wisp. like we haven't seen that somewhere before.

BCVM22

Except for where few if any of the Wisps actually duplicate any of the Mushrooms found in either of the Galaxy titles.

Aside from the "space" theme, Galaxy x 2 and Colors don't actually share any more elements in common than do your average Mario and Sonic titles.

TicoPokemonMaster

I will admit this. Sonic has ventured more to space than Mario. But still it has many things in Colors and Galaxy have many things in common.

Eggman wants to take over the universe : : Bowser wants to create a new universe
Eggman steals the powers of wisps to do so : Bowser steal the power stars from lumas to do so

Except for where few if any of the Wisps actually duplicate any of the Mushrooms found in either of the Galaxy titles.

Aside from the "space" theme, Galaxy x 2 and Colors don't actually share any more elements in common than do your average Mario and Sonic titles.

Like Tico said, we've seen the drill somewhere before, Oh dear, I WONDER where?

Rocket is like the Launch Stars when you think about it, it can break through stuff and send you to INCREDIBLE Heights, just like a Launch Star. White Wisp is a White Luma Wannabe, but other then those wisps, I see no more ripoffs.

(I'm too tired to argue, Daylight Savings Time is making me feel like I've smoked pot.)

BCVM22

Eggman wants to take over the universe : : Bowser wants to create a new universe

And there's absolutely no way this is so because they're both top-billed villains and the whole "rule everything" thing is sort of what they do, right? Nope, absolutely must be because Colors is borrowing from Galaxy.

When Genesis-era Eggman was plotting to kidnap all of the world's animals and turn them into robots while NES/SNES-era Bowser was making a living out of kidnapping princesses, were you making this comparison?

Eggman steals the powers of wisps to do so : Bowser steal the power stars from lumas to do so

They're both multicolored and miniature extraterrestrial races; that's about it. The Wisps actually possess different abilities depending on color. The Lumas are there because they're cute and they fill up space; they have no innate power-up ability.

Like most attempted comparisons between unrelated fictional concepts, rather than any actual solid similarities between the two, you're seeing these far, far more because they're archetypical elements that make their living in fiction like this.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It is kind of hard to figure these things out from a Genesis game though... and when you're about the age of 5-6 and whatnot.

It's all there in the Sonic 2 manual, but when does anyone, let alone 5-6 year olds, read manuals anyway?

GameTrailers gave Sonic Colors the lowest score yet, a 6.4/10, which by scoring standards is still good. But the score was so far out in left field compared to the other scores that various sources are actually calling bull on the score, claiming that GameTrailers was playing a beta of the game and made a mistake; Go Nintendo is looking into it. It says a lot about the game to have sources go out and look into it for giving the game an average score.

EuroGamer was also a surprise. IIRC, they gave the acclaimed God Of War 3 a 7/10? They gave Sonic Colors 9/10.

Famitsu gave Colors 34/40 for the Wii, and the DS port 32/40.

So, in total, we have GameTrailers's 6.4, a few 7s here and there, a ton of 8s, and some 9s. Sweet deal.

Cobalt_Latios

It's all there in the Sonic 2 manual, but when does anyone, let alone 5-6 year olds, read manuals anyway?

GameTrailers gave Sonic Colors the lowest score yet, a 6.4/10, which by scoring standards is still good. But the score was so far out in left field compared to the other scores that various sources are actually calling bull on the score, claiming that GameTrailers was playing a beta of the game and made a mistake; Go Nintendo is looking into it. It says a lot about the game to have sources go out and look into it for giving the game an average score.

EuroGamer was also a surprise. IIRC, they gave the acclaimed God Of War 3 a 7/10? They gave Sonic Colors 9/10.

Famitsu gave Colors 34/40 for the Wii, and the DS port 32/40.

So, in total, we have GameTrailers's 6.4, a few 7s here and there, a ton of 8s, and some 9s. Sweet deal.
Dammit, now I need to get this game. So it's a toss between this and Epic Mickey. Depending on what Epic Mickey gets is what determines which one I purchase.

But lord do I want this game.

C_L

Whats the plot of Sonic 4?

Sonic colors looks honestly to be epic on Galaxy levels

Same plot as the first one basically

Dammit, now I need to get this game. So it's a toss between this and Epic Mickey. Depending on what Epic Mickey gets is what determines which one I purchase.

But lord do I want this game.

C_L

I'd get Sonic Colors, when you reserve it and get it, you get a Sonic Hat, with Epic Mickey, what's the reservation gift? Either way, you're probably going to get a great game

Get Sonic Colors xD

natie

Mr. F