• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

TicoPokemonMaster

When Genesis-era Eggman was plotting to kidnap all of the world's animals and turn them into robots while NES/SNES-era Bowser was making a living out of kidnapping princesses, were you making this comparison?
Well well, you can't make an argument for the two games that we're comparing that you had to bring in older games to make a comparsion. How about sticking to the topic. I know for a fact that the genesis eggman plotted to take all the animal and turn them into robots. but he was mostly after the chaos emeralds.

They're both multicolored and miniature extraterrestrial races; that's about it. The Wisps actually possess different abilities depending on color. The Lumas are there because they're cute and they fill up space; they have no innate power-up ability.
So the lumas don't have the ability to make Mario fly through space and gave him a new ability, and the don't have the ability to create planets and turn into Launch stars. I guess then that miyamoto wasted his time in creating those cute and paperweight things that you think the lumas are.

QUOTE]

comments in bold

SBaby

Dungeon Master
So the lumas don't have the ability to make Mario fly through space and gave him a new ability, and the don't have the ability to create planets and turn into Launch stars. I guess then that miyamoto wasted his time in creating those cute and paperweight things that you think the lumas are.

First of all, learn to quote posts and partial posts. That'll make people take you more seriously. Secondly, we all know that the one luma gave Mario the ability to fly through space without needing to rip off Ratchet & Clank to do it. But it ended up ripping off other games and franchises in the process. The point is, nearly every game in this era rips off another game in some way nowadays. So really, what's the big deal when you see Sonic do it?

BCVM22

Well well, you can't make an argument for the two games that we're comparing that you had to bring in older games to make a comparsion.

Gee, could that be because the only comparisons between Galaxy and Colors are the ones you want to believe are there?

So the lumas don't have the ability to make Mario fly through space and gave him a new ability

Yes, they gave him the ability to fly through space and spin so that the game and its mechanics would make some sense. That does not at all equate to them actually serving as in-game power-ups as the Wisps do.

and the don't have the ability to create planets and turn into Launch stars.

Nor does this.

I guess then that miyamoto wasted his time in creating those cute and paperweight things that you think the lumas are.

Golly, funny how I never said that. I said they're cute - they are - and they take up space, as in, they provide good background elements to populate the game hub, whether it's the Observatory or Starship Mario, and having one of them hide in a level and transform into a Launch Star is much more entertaining than just having the star sitting there.

Secondly, we all know that the one luma gave Mario the ability to fly through space without needing to rip off Ratchet & Clank to do it. But it ended up ripping off other games and franchises in the process. The point is, nearly every game in this era rips off another game in some way nowadays. So really, what's the big deal when you see Sonic do it?

Yes, also this.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Is epic Mickey even worth considering over a Sonic game, the trailer i've seen make look like the avarge paint type platformer.

Cobalt_Latios

Is epic Mickey even worth considering over a Sonic game, the trailer i've seen make look like the avarge paint type platformer.
The only reason I even mentioned it was because it's likely going to be about the same pricing as Sonic Colors, and I'm probably going to buy one or the other around December (because Epic Mickey comes out at the end of November).

I'd mention Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, but I still have to complete the first and second games first before going on to it. I'll likely rent it, but that's not important to the discussion.

What is important, is that I've been looking forward to playing Epic Mickey, yet I've also been quite impressed by the gameplay of Sonic Colors, so I'm torn between choosing between the two.

C_L

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
Does anyone know some tips on doing the Special Stages in Sonic 4? Because I'm stuck on the last one, or keep bumping into the "!" things.

Does anyone know some tips on doing the Special Stages in Sonic 4? Because I'm stuck on the last one, or keep bumping into the "!" things.

Yes, ALWAYS position your finger at the pause button, THEN when you're about to run out of time or hit a Red ! Circle, PRESS IT, then press restart and you restart the Special Stage WITHOUT doing the stage again. You need REALLY good Reflexes for Videogames Only, Dump ALL your attention for everything else, ignore the world, and even someone like ME can get amazing reflexes.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
The Supersonic theme could be better, other then that the only other complaint I have is the Narrow level they been making for Sonic Wii game since StSR. I prefer the level layouts of the two adventure games.

BCVM22

Just in case anyone's not clear at this point but wants to be:

[spoil]The final battle does not involve Super Sonic. Eggman uses the power of the Wisps against you in the form of a powered mecha; you free them as the battle progresses and they eventually combine powers to defeat Eggman.

Super Sonic is in the game, however: he's your reward for collecting all 180 Red Rings and is playable in the game's regular stages. Don't ask me what a Red Ring is, I have no idea.[/spoil]

Poke around on YouTube if you want footage of either, it's not hard to find.

BCVM22

Assuming we're talking solely about stores breaking the street date "illegal" is too strong of a word, at least as far as the consumer is concerned. Gamers whose stores of choice have the game early and sell it early are doing nothing wrong in buying the game: they're engaging in a perfectly legitimate retail transaction and buying a product. Nothing more.

The stores themselves, "illegal" is still a bit too strong of a word but it's closer. It's obviously frowned upon very heavily and any number of these stores and/or their corporate parents could face sanctions or penalties from Sega, but given that this continues to happen on occasion, either retailers just don't get the message or those penalties just aren't very severe.

There is another means by which people are getting the game early and that is very much illegal. I don't think we need to say more on that particular subject.

Just in case anyone's not clear at this point but wants to be:

[spoil]The final battle does not involve Super Sonic. Eggman uses the power of the Wisps against you in the form of a powered mecha; you free them as the battle progresses and they eventually combine powers to defeat Eggman.

Super Sonic is in the game, however: he's your reward for collecting all 180 Red Rings and is playable in the game's regular stages. Don't ask me what a Red Ring is, I have no idea.[/spoil]

Poke around on YouTube if you want footage of either, it's not hard to find.

I was right. The Final Fight DOES involve the wisps. Although I would just call that a lucky guess

Cobalt_Latios

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
[spoil]

[spoil]That's only half of it. Collecting the Red Rings unlocks more content in the Sonic Simulator, starting with 40 Rings = Playable Miis; everything subsequently gets unlocked for every 10 Rings you get from there. There are 21 Sonic Simulator Stages in total, designed in a 1 Stage, 3 Acts format - 7 Stages in total. You are given 7 Acts, so to speak, to begin with; 180 - 40 = 140, 140/10 = 14, 14 Stages to be unlocked. You are awarded a Chaos Emerald if you complete the Stage in its entirety - 7 Stages, 7 Emeralds. Once you complete all the stages, and subsequently get all the Emeralds, you can guess what happens from there[/spoil]

Cobalt_Latios

[spoil]That's only half of it. Collecting the Red Rings unlocks more content in the Sonic Simulator, starting with 40 Rings = Playable Miis; everything subsequently gets unlocked for every 10 Rings you get from there. There are 21 Sonic Simulator Stages in total, designed in a 1 Stage, 3 Acts format - 7 Stages in total. You are given 7 Acts, so to speak, to begin with; 180 - 40 = 140, 140/10 = 14, 14 Stages to be unlocked. You are awarded a Chaos Emerald if you complete the Stage in its entirety - 7 Stages, 7 Emeralds. Once you complete all the stages, and subsequently get all the Emeralds, you can guess what happens from there[/spoil]
So, this should keep one occupied for a while I guess?

C_L