• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Call me nuts, but my favourite Sonic game is Sonic Heroes.

Wat.
I love the Sonic day stages on the 360 I just wish that there more of them and as the Werehog he not that bad (unless you have the Wii version) it just that his level is long and boring.

In other new it seem like that Banjo-Kazooie is in the 360 version of Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Link: http://sonicstadium.org/news/breaking-newsnew-asr-trailer-now-on-xbox-live

The day stages and night stages are as good on the wii as they are on the 360, but there's just waaaaayyyyy too many wherehog stages on the Wii version.

Also, do to pricing, Unleashed + Powersave with Every Sonic Level Unlocked = Win.

Evil Munchlax

I love the Sonic day stages on the 360 I just wish that there more of them and as the Werehog he not that bad (unless you have the Wii version) it just that his level is long and boring.

In other new it seem like that Banjo-Kazooie is in the 360 version of Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Link: http://sonicstadium.org/news/breaking-newsnew-asr-trailer-now-on-xbox-live

This. The day stages were awesome, if it were like that all the time. Night stages were boring and just all around bad (I have the Wii version). Plus werehog, I mean wtf?

And yeah I heard about Banjo. This makes me think Mario and Miis on Wii. And...not sure for PS3.

Wat.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
That doesn't mean one game isn't faster than the other.

Agreed. And plus in the 360 version you can keep the speed boost on all the time (if you have the rings that is), which makes the you go much faster, while on the Wii version you get little boosts that you constantly have activate.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I decided to play Sonic Adventure DX in the first time in years, and try to clear the final emblem mission.

Turns out I was missing one of Big's lures, lol. So I got that and went back to Twinkle Park.

Beat it in less than 3 minutes.

Playing as Metal Sonic is just incredible. He leaves afterimages as he's running. Metal Sonic is my favorite character now.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I decided to play Sonic Adventure DX in the first time in years, and try to clear the final emblem mission.

Turns out I was missing one of Big's lures, lol. So I got that and went back to Twinkle Park.

Beat it in less than 3 minutes.

Playing as Metal Sonic is just incredible. He leaves afterimages as he's running. Metal Sonic is my favorite character now.

You are so lucky, I can't even get the third emblem for Emerald Coast! Btw, whats afterimages?

Maetch

I have FINALLY cleared Mission Mode on SADX. I managed to luck out on the infamous Sonic Skijump Mission, and it was all downhill from there. So now I can finally enjoy "Tails Adventure". Yay!

You are so lucky, I can't even get the third emblem for Emerald Coast! Btw, whats afterimages?

A trick to help in the Time Trals for the 3rd Emblem is to keep rapidly tapping B to spindash on the run, gaining more speed as you go. Obviously, you'll want to do it on straight areas of track, for hills and turns can cost more time and lives than you gain.

Also, afterimages are those illusionary images of your character that trail you when running at full speed.

Surfing_Pikachu

Uh... you're missing the point. Faster doesn't always mean better :/ there is such a thing as too fast you know. Personally I found the pace in the Wii version was nice because the slower speed allowed for better controls and less of the feeling that you're just holding the analog stick forward and letting the game play itself.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I liked the day levels on the ps3 because you could see where you could go even if you were going on the sonic boost.

Nidogod

I really want to try Sonic Unleashed. I kind of swore off Sonic after trying a PS2 game or two thinking Sonic would be best enjoyed in his Genesis games. For whatever reason, though, I've seen so many people talking about Unleashed lately and it really doesn't sound as bad as I initially remember hearing it was.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I really want to try Sonic Unleashed. I kind of swore off Sonic after trying a PS2 game or two thinking Sonic would be best enjoyed in his Genesis games. For whatever reason, though, I've seen so many people talking about Unleashed lately and it really doesn't sound as bad as I initially remember hearing it was.

It is quite a good game. The day levels mostly. You'll be bored and frustrated when it comes time to play the werehog levels. Overall though the game is well worth it just because of the speed levels (and the final boss!).

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
One of the only problems with the ps3/360 version is that you have to get many moon/sun medals to advance in the game. The worst problem is the werehog levels which suck. The day levels are really fun though which sorta makes up for the werehog levels.

YoshiPrower04

Mario and Sonic Fan
My favorite video game series, despite the hate it generates nowadays. I always find myself going back to playing the old 2D games every now and then, trying to find secret paths that I never knew existed before, like in Hydrocity Zone, and finding a second secret ring in Flying Battery's first act about two weeks ago. I even make a mini-game out of it, such as finding the seven checkpoints in Emerald Hill Zone in Sonic 2, and finding the seven Secret Super Rings in Sonic 3 and Knuckles's version of Mushroom Hill Zone.

Aside from Sonic 06, which I haven't played yet, the only recent game I can say has disappointed me is Black Knight, and that's mostly because of the length of the game. It took me 4 hours to beat it. But the other games, like Heroes and ShTH, I have enjoyed to a great extent (in ShTH's case, I don't think of it as a Sonic game + violence, I just treat it as a choose-a-path generic shooter with a well-made storyline, lol)

I'm looking forward for Project Needlemouse, because none of the 2D games are terrible, as Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure demonstrate. But I'm curious as to what the storyline will be like, or if they'll take a page from the Genesis games, and not even mention a plot in-game, and just save it for the manual.

If you want to play 06 rent it... please don't buy you might end up with broken promises

and in terms of Project Needlemouse... I (kind of...) am looking forward to it I want Tails to be playable (Knuckles, Amy, and Cream maybe that be nice too...)

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I know I will get people mad but Sonic 06 was the game that got me hooked to the Sonic games and the story was good but the levels were sorta crap. The cutscenes were great too.