1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Dragonite19, Nov 17, 2009.

1. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

The project is real. A fair amount of whatever information you'll find regarding it is fake. Try searching next time.

2. Surfing_Pikachu

Surfing_Pikachu ____________

Am I the only one who found the first game impossibly hard to 100%?

3. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

Played Sonic 3 & Knuckles last night.

Now I know why the old games are so fun. Even if you think you have the entire stage memorized and know where all the items and secret stuff are at, the reality is, you don't. Marble Garden Zone, Carnival Night Zone, Launch Base Zone, and Sandopolis Zone are damn good examples of having so much stuff piled up in the stage, yet can be easily passed by if all you're doing is going for the goal, and can even be passed by if you are looking for the stuff. I found an alternate shortcut in Carnival Night Zone Act 2 last night after playing the game for over a decade; never realized that pathway before.

Hope Project Needlemouse has this kind of scavenger hunt thing in the game.

4. Jiggy

Jiggy :D

I know what you mean. I just got done working on my Tails playthrough, starting a Knuckles one, and beating Doomsday Zone again just for fun.

5. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

I still have issues getting through act 2 of Hydrocity.

C_L

6. Electivirus

Electivirus Not really, no.

I kept stopping to listen to the music, making me run out of time during the boss battle. :p

7. Jiggy

I just noticed that Ergo slightly resembles the robot that pilots Robotnik's boss machines in Sonic 3 when you're playing as Knuckles.

8. SulkingSableye

SulkingSableye Hmm....

Ah i loved the music in sonic 3. The music was always fairly good, until SA. The music never been as memorable since the genesis days. My opinion.

9. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Mmmm...Yes

I love Sonic the Hedgehog. Cheers for making this thread about him. I think the old genesis games are the best, matter of fact Sonic 2 is my favourite game ever.

It is good to see people still love a true game hero, not like Gordon Freeman or that Halo guy.

10. Burning Orphanage

Burning Orphanage Liscensed Pedophile

Now that's just not fair to the newer games.
    As bad as Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed were, they had some pretty damn beautiful soundtracks. Unleashed especially, with its orchestrated music.

11. Sonic Boom

Hydrocity Act 2's music never interested me.

Special Stage and Ice Cap Zone? You better believe I heard those for at least 10 minutes each when running through them.

Gaia Temple theme and Dark Gaia Phase 2 theme? Easily top 10 of all Sonic songs.

12. Electivirus

Truefax. Spagonia, Empire City, Holoska...MY GOD.

Especially Empire City - Night. That is one badass harmonica. You know a soundtrack is good when even the hub music is awesome.

Fumie Kumatani rocks.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  13. SulkingSableye

SulkingSableye Hmm....

Heh. I agree with that. I think that Unleashed and 06 were indeed vast improvements compared to the butt rock Sonic games have had recently.

14. Sonic Boom

No love for Sky Deck, Prison Lane or Mission Street? D:

I'll give you the Sonic Heroes soundtrack though. It felt very dead to me.

15. Electivirus

Personally, I thought the only problem with Heroes' soundtrack was the fact that there weren't many songs on it at all. Certainly much less than both Adventure games.

16. SulkingSableye

SulkingSableye Hmm....

Ehh i remember sky deck, but the others don't ring a bell. That's the thing for me, very few of the new songs stand out as being memorable. On the other hand, i can remember every song in Sonic 1,2,3,and S&K. Oh yeah, and Sonic R too! :D

17. Jiggy

I'm rather fond of Dreams of an Absolution right now. It's a good song, but it's too bad it has to be the theme of such a bleh character.

18. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

Why does everyone hate Silver? He's a better character then Big, Cream, and Charmy.

19. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Sonic a true video game hero
    Gordon Freeman is not one

WUT?

Have you even played the Half-Life series?

Because he's another hedgehog and he's basically Trunks from Dragon Ball Z with psychic powers.

20. Electivirus