• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
There was absolutely nothing wrong with how they handled Shadow over the course of 3-4 games. Just because you wanted him to "die as a noble sacrifice" or what-bloody-ever doesn't mean they did wrong by doing differently.

Oh, no I ment they ruined the games with the game Shadow the Hedgehog. I actually kinda liked that he survived.

Last edited:

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Dude, SAXD is SWEET. Well, other than the semi-old graphics.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan

That was one of the first 3D sonic games I ever played and I loved it! It had a decent plot, good controls, camera was a little troublesome, but other than that it was a terrific game!

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
There was absolutely nothing wrong with how they handled Shadow over the course of 3-4 games. Just because you wanted him to "die as a noble sacrifice" or what-bloody-ever doesn't mean they did wrong by doing differently.

while I would have liked him to stay dead, what's done is done, and I too feel he's been handled decently since his revival. Hell, one of the major complaints concern the guy using guns and vehicles (and that he's apparently "emo", but it's horribly exaggerated since I'm pretty sure he's gotten over both Maria and his identity crisis by the end of his own game), but would they rather have a now-permanent character in the franchise remain little more than a Sonic clone with a rarely-utilized time-freeze move?

otj--orangejuice

lol i remember getting scared by chaos in sonic adventure on dreamcast i was about 4 or 5 though

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
while I would have liked him to stay dead, what's done is done, and I too feel he's been handled decently since his revival. Hell, one of the major complaints concern the guy using guns and vehicles (and that he's apparently "emo", but it's horribly exaggerated since I'm pretty sure he's gotten over both Maria and his identity crisis by the end of his own game), but would they rather have a now-permanent character in the franchise remain little more than a Sonic clone with a rarely-utilized time-freeze move?

Excellent point. Part of what made Shadow unique was the whole Maria/Can't Remember My Past thing.

Cobalt_Latios

Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut. Don't ask how X is "cut"... unless you consider [ctrl][x] a valid point.

3 pages and still no mention of Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast?

SPPf, I am disappoint.
Key word Slick, SPPf. I'm sure there would be some people, but the repetitiveness of these topics throws them away. It's not entirely their fault; it's the fault of those who've expected something about this site after a while.

For me, Sonic Rush is one of my favorite Sonic games. That, Sonic 2, and Sonic & Knuckles... if only I beat that boss in the second Zone... yeah, I'm rather pathetic at these games.

Sonic Adventure was pretty good (yet again, it was DX), but after you beat Sonic's storyline... you had to complete the others in order to get to the final final boss. Otherwise, I like it.

<C_L>

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Sonic Adventure was pretty good (yet again, it was DX), but after you beat Sonic's storyline... you had to complete the others in order to get to the final final boss. Otherwise, I like it.

It is pretty annoying have to beat all of them, but that's sorta 3-D Sonic games' speciality : Having to beat all the story lines. Think about it:

In SA : Had to beat all Six stories

In SA2 : Had to beat six different stories

In Heroes : Had to beat all four stories AND get all the chaos emeralds

In Shadow : Had to complete all endings. What a chore.

In '06: Had to beat all three stories

In Unleashed : Not sure about this one. There wasn't really a multiple story requirement.

Sometimes its fun to beat all the stories, but most of the time the different stories had a lot of the same levels *coughShadowtheHedgehogcough* *coughSonicHeroescough* And those levels were not usually much fun.

BCVM22

And if any of those games required only the completion of one story, you lot would have complained the game was too short.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
And if any of those games required only the completion of one story, you lot would have complained the game was too short.

That is also true. I say if they made the other stories as fun as Sonic's, the other stories would be more appealing. In games like SA, however there were some tedious and slow stories like Big's and Amy's. They may have been easy, but they could've at least made them a little more entertaining.

BCVM22

Big's was only, what, five or six levels? Tedious, maybe, but you could blow through the whole thing in an hour if you really got to it.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Big's was only, what, five or six levels? Tedious, maybe, but you could blow through the whole thing in an hour if you really got to it.

I think so. Amy's was only 4. But her levels were so slow and boring it felt like there were 8! Bigs weren't to terribly bad I suppose, once you figure out how to fish! I spent forever trying to figure out how! But I suppose the bad memories I have from SA were from Amy's. They were so tedious and slow.

Vipsoccermaster

The Sonic games in Sega Genesis were better than the Sonic games today. Sure, some parts were good and mostly bad, and that there are more collectibles to deal with now. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and Sonic Heroes were good, and I've never played the newer Sonic games like the Secret Rings. I heard that they were bad games for most gamers.

Chris

Old Coot
If you had never played them and heard they were bad, how can you say the older games were better if you've had no actual experience?

mew_nani

Uh... You lost me.
I myself is a 2-D sonic fan, for two reasons:

1.) I never really got into the 3-D games. I have a copy of Sonic Heroes that I haven't ever played. The only real 3-D sonic game's I've played are Sonic R and Sonic the Fighters, and that was only because they were on gems collection! Still, what fun.... and

2.) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was not only the first sonic game I've ever played (and wiped the floor with my brother on in multiplayer), but it was the first game I've ever played.... ever.

Maybe if they ever make another 2-D sonic game, they need to reintroduce Debug Mode. I mean Sonic 2 was awesome by itself, with the level designs, boss fights, and tails, but then you discover the most awesome cheat code ever made, which allowed you to explore impassable areas, make an infinite amount of items, and allowed you to completely redesign the stage! Maybe debug spoiled me a little bit, but it remains the most awesome code ever. I hope they make a game with that in it.

Suave Squirtle

The debug mode was never intended to be available to users, the creators used it in order to test different scenarios for game-breaking glitches and forgot to remove it.

BTW, what are some of the other Sonic games you have Nani? I'd definitely recommend Sonic DX and Sonic & Knuckles (or the Mega Collection compilation, which has all of the old Genesis Sonic games).

Last edited:

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
They are

I has only played Secret Rings and Sonic Unleashed and they were pretty cool but I need to play the other games so I'm thinking about getting the older ones off of VC and maybe the ones for GC

You should try the 2-D ones. They were really great games. I'd reccomend Sonic 2 or 3 first, because the first wasn't really as good. I mean, the spindash is what made the 2-D games! Well, sorta.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
At least Sonic 1 had 3 acts to a stage.

And Labyrinth Zone, just to piss you off.

Also, and this is just my interpretation on it, but Sonic 1 appears "deader" compared to Sonic 2 and 3, possibly due to the darker color of the graphics. I really liked that nice tinge of color - it made it appear as if Eggman had some level of control over Earth over a long period of time. The Boss theme also reinforced that idea for me; it wasn't as jumpy as 2's and 3's boss theme, it was like "holy ****, that's the bad guy!" the Final Boss theme played that part well too.

The theme was the main good thing about the bosses in Sonic 1 though. They were really underwhelming to me - GHZ's and SZ's bosses were the only ones that really screamed "variety" to me.

And this is not counting aforementioned Labyrinth Zone, unless you want to consider the water as the boss. That said, a reenactment of that should be a boss level in the future.

Last edited: