• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Eivana

There Is No NiGHTS!
Sonic adventure easily had the best the soundtrack, Sonic3D is a close second followed by Sonic R, yeah I said it, Sonic R.

Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were unbeatable in the OST. Especially with Crush 40 doing most of the work.

BCVM22

If memory serves, Jun Senoue was credited as lead composer for SA2.

He's a big part of Crush 40, obviously, but that doesn't translate to Crush 40 having composed the music for the game.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If by "Sonic3D," you mean the PC/Saturn version, then yes, that soundtrack is a contender for one of the best OSTs in the series, if you take my opinion for any merit.

The Adventures' OSTs, eh, they don't really survive the test of time. It gets kind of tiring hearing nothing but Japanese rock through the game nowadays.

Unleashed's OST delivered a healthy genre variety that was sorely missed in the series. But Colors's arguably brought back the oomph and the attitude the series prides itself in, while still having some calming songs here and there, and making the music come alive.

Colors > Unleashed = PC/Saturn Sonic3D > Sonic 2 > the rest, imo.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
In order (music):

Sonic Colors > Sonic Unleashed > Sonic Adventure > Sonic Heroes > Sonic the Hedgehog 2 > Sonic Adventure 2 > Sonic the Hedgehog 3 > Sonic Advance > Sonic and Knuckles > Sonic Rush > Sonic 3D (Saturn) > nobody cares about the rest.

Last edited:
Terminal Velocity is officially the best song in the game. Anyone trying to dispute this will be dragged away and taken care of.

Have a nice day. :3

That is the best song for colors I've ever heard (It's on par with Tropical Resort 1 and 2 though)

Seems some Music is being leaked. 1 Week before the game comes out, here's hoping there's more 3D Levels rather then 2.5 D Levels then what the previews have shown us so far.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
That is the best song for colors I've ever heard (It's on par with Tropical Resort 1 and 2 though)

Seems some Music is being leaked. 1 Week before the game comes out, here's hoping there's more 3D Levels rather then 2.5 D Levels then what the previews have shown us so far.

I thought the ost was out or something. Regardless, I'm avoiding listening to the music until the game comes out on Friday.

On the subject of releases, from what I saw on Wikipedia, the game is coming out first in Australia, then Europe, then America, then Japan. I wonder why they have so kindly released it in perfect reverse order from the norm?

And lastly, the leaderboards for Sonic 4 wii now have 2-4 0.00.00 scores on each leaderboard. Don't they moderate them or something?

Last edited:

aggronFTW

I've been checking out a lot of colors (or colours) stuff recently and I'm very impressed, the wii levels look like the xbox/ps3 levels from unleashed and theres a huge improvement in graphics between the 2 games, this game is gonna be all running stages like the day stages in unleashed, right?

As for the soundtrack, it looks like it's been set to typical sonic standards, with some awesome tracks in there, I'm wondering if they can top rooftop run? Although I think tropical resort is up there.

One thing I've noticed that looks like itll bug me though, is the Color chao's, it seems like it breaks up the running and overall looks a little messy to me, it looks lime it gets uses a lot though, so I guess I'll probably get used to it over time.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
One thing I've noticed that looks like itll bug me though, is the Color chao's, it seems like it breaks up the running and overall looks a little messy to me, it looks lime it gets uses a lot though, so I guess I'll probably get used to it over time.

waitwaitwaitchaowhat?

You mean the wisps? Or have I missed something?

I thought the ost was out or something. Regardless, I'm avoiding listening to the music until the game comes out on Friday.

On the subject of releases, from what I saw on Wikipedia, the game is coming out first in Australia, then Europe, then America, then Japan. I wonder why they have so kindly released it in perfect reverse order from the norm?

And lastly, the leaderboards for Sonic 4 wii now have 2-4 0.00.00 scores on each leaderboard. Don't they moderate them or something?

Sega doesn't have time for pointless ****, lol, they do NOTHING but make games all year from what I've seen. Still, it's a pretty bad situation for people who do competitive racing

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It's kind of justified at this point. When's the last time Sonic piloted his Tornado, Sonic Advance?

Nowadays it's as if Tails has commandeered the plane and taken it as his own.