• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
this is a thread about discussing the infamous blue hedgehog GOTTA GO FAST and its good and bad games *cough* sonic the hedgehog 2006 *cough* sonic boom:rise of lyric*cough*

what's your favorite sonic the hedgehog game?
sonic the hedgehog. the original. it feels superior to games of its time and the music rocks

what's your least favorite sonic game.
sonic the hedgehog 2006. do I really need to say anything? the gameplay sucks, the story sucks, EVERYTHING SUCKS.

what's your favorite sonic character?
sonic. nuff said.

do you think there's any hope for the series returning to its former glory?
nope... I feel the series is dying. the game get worse and worse...

Last edited:

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
My most favorites are Seven Rings, Unleashed, and -- a little bit less -- Black Knight. Least favorite... I honestly don't know... Colors, perhaps? I played that one and it was a little underwhelming. Oh, wait, the one I played, I can't remember the name of, but it was a DS game and there were more echidnas than just Knuckles. Favorite characters are undeniably Blaze and Tails. No need for explanation. Last, but not least, I think there is almost no chance they could bring Sonic back to how he used to be unless they scrapped the character and rebuilt Sonic's -- and his friends' -- personalities.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
The two Sonic Adventure games will always be my favorites. Especially with the Chao Garden!
My favorite character is a tie between Sonic, Vector, Shadow, and Eggman.
My least favorite game has to be either Sonic '06, or the Sonic Boom games.

Breeloom

Favorite: It has to be '06, the plot behind Silver and his growth through maturity is outstanding. If trying to play the game properly, the controls aren't that bad and the game in general is very easy. I like Adventure, Colors DS, and World as well.

Least: Generations is annoying because of the backtracking that's needed to be done, Adventure 2 sucked with the limited Sonic gameplay and overemphasis on Tails and Knuckles. Secret Rings is a pathetic game though, like '06 only with none of the positives.

Characters: As discussed above, Silver is amazing. Sonic and Shadow are great too.

Will it return to its former glory: Yes, if SEGA get their act together. Sonic Boom 2 was a terrible idea, and with this being "Sonic '16" there's no hope for a better game this year. It can certainly happen, though.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
My favorite sonic game is sonic chaos for gamegear. I wish it would come out for the e shop )= I also like sonix generations for 3ds.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
Favorite: My favorite games are The 2 Adventure games

Least Favorite: Sonic boom rise of Lyric

Favorite Characters: Sonic,Shadow,Rouge,Knuckles,Espio, and Tails

I want to have hope for Sonic but it isn't looking to good right now

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Favorite: It has to be '06, the plot behind Silver and his growth through maturity is outstanding. If trying to play the game properly, the controls aren't that bad and the game in general is very easy. I like Adventure, Colors DS, and World as well.

Least: Generations is annoying because of the backtracking that's needed to be done, Adventure 2 sucked with the limited Sonic gameplay and overemphasis on Tails and Knuckles. Secret Rings is a pathetic game though, like '06 only with none of the positives.

Characters: As discussed above, Silver is amazing. Sonic and Shadow are great too.

Will it return to its former glory: Yes, if SEGA get their act together. Sonic Boom 2 was a terrible idea, and with this being "Sonic '16" there's no hope for a better game this year. It can certainly happen, though.

You're not serious about any of this are you?

Especially the bit about Silver who is a total ripoff of Trunks and didn't have any growth. Playing 06 right means running to glitches. They find you.

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
You're not serious about any of this are you?

Especially the bit about Silver who is a total ripoff of Trunks and didn't have any growth. Playing 06 right means running to glitches. They find you.

I agree. Sonic 06 is the worst sonic game ever. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to complete the game without running in a bug or glitch at least once. Or ten times. Or twenty...

Honestly, I consider most sonic games inferior to the first 3 classics

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I agree. Sonic 06 is the worst sonic game ever. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to complete the game without running in a bug or glitch at least once. Or ten times. Or twenty...
Is it worse than SB: Rise of Lyric?

My favorite game will be a weird one, as Sonic Rush Adventure became a favorite of mine, while Sonic Generations is pretty close.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
One of my favorites of all time.
:D

What's your favorite Sonic the Hedgehog game?
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut. I spent the most hours on these two games. They were wonderful and I'd still be playing them if the discs weren't played to the death. The good versus evil aspect was great and the storylines were well done. The chao garden was something I spent many hours on perfecting as well. I can still here the music playing.

What's your least favorite Sonic game?
A Sonic game that I do not remember.

Whom is your favorite Sonic character?
Tikal, her story always really intrigued me.

Do you think there's any hope for the series returning to its former glory?
I think anything is possible, but it seems unlikely. I'd like it to though.

Last edited:

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member

Actually my favourite is also 06 but I won't pretend it's for any specific reasons like this. I love 06 because of how absolutely trash it is, I love the glitches, I think it's ridiculous, and it makes me laugh more than anything else.

Honestly I'm shocked that after all the absolutely terrible games sonic has had people can still find reasons to defend him, I know he used to be great and the fan base will always defend him because of that but honestly... Sonic's jump to 3D was pretty not good. I think people forget how BAD adventure 1 & 2 actually are. Sure, the Sonic levels are fun but everyone else's levels are absolutely awful. Don't even get me started on the awful Knuckles and Tails stages for Adventure 2. I get it, people grew up with this game. I'm sure games that I grew up with and love have probably aged just as bad but if someone brought up a good point about them I'm sure I'd agree.

Rise of Lyric totally had potential too. I really enjoy the character designs and the game looks nice just everything else was done so poorly. I mean, at least the cartoon is pretty okay, right? Something good out of something that is completely awful.

at least rise of lyric doesn't have a random human girl thrown in

Okay. Everyone loves Adventure but there's humans everywhere and the weird Maria maybe love interest for Shadow? That's fine though right? Because according to almost every review/Sonic Fan Adventure 2 is the best game ever.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
My favorite Sonic game has to be Sonic Heroes. Objectively, Sonic Heroes was not the best Sonic game ever made, but it's the first real Sonic game that belongeg to me and I have a lot of attachment to it simply because I grew up with it and still play it today. I love how many characters there are and how each team is required to have all Speed/Fly/Power to get to the end of the level (with a few exceptions), how they all have a different stories and how it all comes together at the end and I love Metal Sonic's important role in the game. I also prefer the 'fast free roaming' playstyle of Heroes, Adventure and Adventure 2 over classic platforming or constant boosting.
I also love Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Rush, Sonic Colors and Sonic 3.

My standards are quite low when it comes to game of franchises I love, so despite Sonic 2006 being recognized as a failure, I still quite enjoyed it and it is surprisingly not my least favorite game. I have not tried Sonic Boom yet (and I don't plan to), but from the looks of it, it is a very bad game. I'll have to go with Sonic and the Black Knight. I never really liked the controls and the overall story of Secret Rings and Black Knight, but I'll give Secret Rings a little bit more love because it reminded me more of a Sonic game. Black Knight had an original idea but the execution was poor... It's a very lackluster game.

Favorite Sonic character ? It's a tie between Blaze and Tails. I could not love these characters more than I already do. Shortly after them come Amy, Silver and Shade.

The series as the potential to come back. It has the initial popularity to bring it back on the right track. All it needs now is good titles. Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice has the potential to save the spin-off from integral failure. They've delayed its release date to work harder on it and the developers have even said they have learned from their mistakes with the previous titles. I don't expect Fire & Ice to be a groundbreaking title, but rather a nice addition that is neither hated or absolutely loved.
I also heard there's going to be a title announcement very soon (friday, was it ?). I have high hopes for an interesting game.

Last edited:

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
What's your favorite sonic background music?
The final boss theme from sonic 2

what's your favorite sonic the hedgehog song?
hoenstly I'm not really a fan of sonic the hedgehog songs

Last edited:

Nothingjustgo.

I was kinda let down by mania because it looked like a fine game but not what I wanted. But this sonic generations sequel game is EXACTLY what I wanted since generations is my favourite sonic game