• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew661

Crush the Oppression
Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Club!

mew661%20-%20banner2_zpspuvzaxuu.png

Banner by Skarm™
Here we discuss The Video games, Comics, T.V. Shows and everything Sonic the Hedgehog related. Sonic the Hedgehog was created by Yuji Naka in 1991 for the Sega Genesis and since then has become an icon for gaming even after Yuji Naka departure from Sega in 2006. Sonic is still running strong in the west even after a "Dark Age".

Rules
1. No one liner or spam.
2. Please Respect other people’s opinion.
3. This club is about the Sonic franchise so try to stay on topic.
4. All SPPF rules apply here.
5. No illegal or sexual comments please. (These comments are “No Good”)
6. Don’t be rude to other members.
7. No swearing.
8. Put “Chaos Emerald” in your post somewhere to show you read the rules.
9. Please don’t advertise your “original characters” here.
10.Please use the form below in the "How to join" tag to join.

Banned
None here :D
Username:
Favorite Sonic Character:
Why you do like Sonic:

The Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics is an ongoing comic book series that officially started in 1993. It is the longest running comic series based off a video game with over 250 issues. It combines elements from “The Sonic the Hedgehog SatAM cartoon” and the videos games along with some original stuff to make its own unique story. It even produce a couple of spins-off such as “Knuckle the Echidna” which ran for 32 issues and Sonic Universe a series that put the camera on the other characters and their stories. In 2014 Archie released a Sonic Boom comic based off the t.v. show this series will only last 11 issues. They also made a Sonic X comic series that ran for 40 issues.

Latest Archie’s Comic release
Sonic The Hedgehog #276- “Cold Hearted”
Sonic Universe #79-"The Silver Age: Part one"
Sonic Boom #11- "Eggman Gets a Gorilla"(Final issue)​

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'd like to join! I loved playing the Sonic games for the Sega Genesis way back when haha.
Username: Dawn+Serena Fan
Favorite Sonic Character: hm, I liked Knuckles, he was pretty cool and his abilities are awesome!
Why you do like Sonic: I loved playing the games when I was younger; it makes me feel nostalgic! I also saw the cartoon occasionally years ago
Chaos emeralds.

mew661

Crush the Oppression
I'd like to join! I loved playing the Sonic games for the Sega Genesis way back when haha.
Username: Dawn+Serena Fan
Favorite Sonic Character: hm, I liked Knuckles, he was pretty cool and his abilities are awesome!
Why you do like Sonic: I loved playing the games when I was younger; it makes me feel nostalgic! I also saw the cartoon occasionally years ago.

Username: MetalSonic
Favorite Sonic Character: MetalSonic
Why you do like Sonic: MetalSonic is cool.

you have both been accepted! I will update the members list immediately.

I guess i'll use this too post my favorite character and why i like sonic

Favorite Sonic Character: I really like the Archie's comics Sliver but I think I like Shadow more.
Why you do like Sonic:The speed i want to go fast.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
Username: kuzronk
Favorite Sonic Character: Tails
Why you do like Sonic: It's fun and fast. I'm also a furry.
CHAOS EMERALD

Last edited:

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
Username: Skylander Sylveon
Favorite Sonic Character: Dr Eggman - Seriously, could anyone be cooler?! Knuckles is second. :p
Why you do like Sonic: I LOVE going fast, the childish humour is really funny and the games are overall cool!

CHAOS EMERALDS!!

They also made a Sonic X comic series that ran for 40 issues but does anyone care?

Yeah! I read that all the time! I just left off at El Gran Gordo's glorious comeback and geez, the cheesiness is astounding! I love it! Actually... hehe... it's kinda the only Sonic related thing I'm familiar with, besides the recently acquired Sonic Generations and the ol' Sonic Colours.

If it's allowed, I know a website where you can read Sonic, X and all! If anyone's interested or if it's permitted, I'll PM you. :p

Username:MegaMaster#1
Favorite Sonic Character: Sticks because she's crazy and funny.
Why do you like Sonic:I used to play all the games even playing the recent games like Sonic boom:Rise of Lyric and watching the Sonic boom anime.

Chaos Emeralds.

mew661

Crush the Oppression

Denied please read the rules you might noticed something wrong with your post.

Username: Skylander Sylveon
Favorite Sonic Character: Dr Eggman - Seriously, could anyone be cooler?! Knuckles is second. :p
Why you do like Sonic: I LOVE going fast, the childish humour is really funny and the games are overall cool!
Username:MegaMaster#1
Favorite Sonic Character: Sticks because she's crazy and funny.
Why do you like Sonic:I used to play all the games even playing the recent games like Sonic boom:Rise of Lyric and watching the Sonic boom anime.
Skylander Sylveon and MegaMaster#1 you two have been Accepted ^_^

Yeah! I read that all the time! I just left off at El Gran Gordo's glorious comeback and geez, the cheesiness is astounding! I love it! Actually... hehe...
haha i know Sonic X has it's fans, I only know of El Gran Gordo and #40 (since it tied into Sonic Universe). It just the anime and the comic aren't really as well loved and their are other places to get better Sonic stories then Sonic X.

If it's allowed, I know a website where you can read Sonic, X and all! If anyone's interested or if it's permitted, I'll PM you. :p
You can buy them off the Google Play store and the Archie Comics website I believe among others. Please don't promote comic scans websites here :)

So is doing anything sonic related? Ive been reading through the Iron Domain Arc (archie comics) and i'm really enjoying that.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
hm, we need to get a discussion going soon hehe. I got a topic question for everyone to answer:

What is your favorite Sonic video game to play and why?

My favorite Sonic Video game would be the classic Sonic games for the Sega Genesis, particularly Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I find it to be an entertaining and challenging game and I have beaten it before. I have the sonic mega collection games for the ps2 as well, with the sonic the hedgehog 2 game file on it as well so I play that now that I don't have a sega genesis anymore.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator

Errr... I've only played about three lol. That'd be the DS game with Blaze, Sonic Colours (incomplete) and Sonic Generations (ditto). I really loved them all but the DS's one didn't really work for me because of the quirky and often unusable controls controls. Trying to jump and attack while awkwardly murdering the control pad? Blech!

Sonic Colours is my favourite because of the clean uninterrupted speed, the fun combos and the challenging but very fun levels. Every stage is visual eye candy and the music is pretty good!

Sonic Generations is really fun too, don't get me wrong, but the challenge quickly turned into calamity after calamity after my concentration ceased after my fifth life was lost. :( The gaps are MASSIVE and who can truthfully say they didn't find Emerald Cove to be the most difficult thing ever? But I suppose completing the level after the kazillionth retry is reasonably satisfying! :D

What is your favorite Sonic game to play and why?

Well my favorite is Sonic Boom:Rise Of Lyric.Its my favorite since it features Sticks(my favorite) and awesome new powers.Not to mention cool 3D graphics.Its really fun to play,yet challenging.

mew661

Crush the Oppression

Errr... I've only played about three lol. That'd be the DS game with Blaze, Sonic Colours (incomplete) and Sonic Generations (ditto). I really loved them all but the DS's one didn't really work for me because of the quirky and often unusable controls controls. Trying to jump and attack while awkwardly murdering the control pad? Blech!

aw I like Rush don't know what you mean about the controls. I though they were really well done

Well my favorite is Sonic Boom:Rise Of Lyric.Its my favorite since it features Sticks(my favorite) and awesome new powers.Not to mention cool 3D graphics.Its really fun to play,yet challenging.

I'll admit I wasn't excepting this game to come up but whatever I like some Critically panned games too (like Shadow the Hedgehog and Unleashed) I haven't gotten to play Rise of Lyric yet so I don't know how it play.

I say Sonic 2 is probably the best one in terms of quality for me but If it wasn't for the Treasure Hunting Stages in Sonic Adventure 2 I would put that over Sonic 2 so I guess
Sonic Adventure 2 speed stages > Sonic 2
Sonic Adventure 2 as a whole < sonic 2

I guess since we're talking about favorite
What is your least-favorite Sonic game to play and why? (if you have one :) )
Mine would have to be Sonic and the Secret Rings the awful motions controls and since it all just a mach speed level ruin it for me. I guess Darkspine Sonic is cool but i just can't stand to play enough to get too him.

Last edited:

Reisuke

Apparently i died
Username: reisuke
Favorite Sonic Character: Amy
Why you do like Sonic: because of the character "amy" which i find cute. And i like some of the games (like sonic chronicles of the darkbrotherhood, sonic colors etc)

Chaos emerald

P.S. With the bolded letters you can make a phrase. Solution in spoiler.
Amy is cute

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Username: MegaMeganium
Favorite Sonic Character: The one, the only... DR. ROBOTNIK!!! *gangnam style plays in the backround*
Why you do like Sonic: Gottsa go fest

CHAOS EMERALD

CONTROL!!! I know thats not how it goes, but I read the rules.

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

SONIC BATTLE

Making Emerl look like a peppermint was the funniest thing
Plus the way he's flap his arms with Creams flight ability was also funny
Wish they'd make a sequel, the story was very interesting.

mew661

Crush the Oppression

Username: MegaMeganium
Favorite Sonic Character: The one, the only... DR. ROBOTNIK!!! *gangnam style plays in the backround*
Why you do like Sonic: Gottsa go fest

Username: reisuke
Favorite Sonic Character: Amy
Why you do like Sonic: because of the character "amy" which i find cute. And i like some of the games (like sonic chronicles of the darkbrotherhood, sonic colors etc)

you three are accepted into this super amazing Club ^_^

http://www.tssznews.com/2015/08/17/sonic-amiibo-content-for-super-mario-maker-revealed/

So is anyone else excited to play as sonic in a official Mario platformer

Last edited:

Ibuki Mioda

SHSL: Light Music
Username: Ibuki Mioda
Favorite Sonic Character: Mephiles the Dark
Why you do like Sonic: Speedrunning, hunting for CHAOS EMERALDS, the enjoyable music and character designs.
Oh did I mention Chaos Emeralds? They are awesome, but not as awesome as the Sol Emeralds.

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
What is your favorite Sonic game?
Sanik the Nachodog too, duh! It's faster, it's pixelated, it's better than the first, the controls are tight, the levels are fun, the BOSSES are fun, and you can lock it on top of Sanik and Nookles to play as Nookles! Unfortunately, the Metropolis Zone boss is impossible to beat as Nookles, so you have to use the level select trick. Also, one can use this game to find out that Sanik ISN'T the fastest thing alive... or dead... It's actually Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik! Which is odd, considering how he weighs OVER 200 POUNDS! And look at his legs, they're so short and skinny compared to the rest of him, I can't even call them chicken legs.

Last edited:

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
Sonic 2. The first one is good and I never really liked 3 and CD. I also find adventure to be a confusing mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.