• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic the Hedgehog Movie

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, I can see Shadow being at least alluded to in the next movie, but I see Metal Sonic happening more tbh.

Either seem possible for the same basic plot, but Shadow is not only the more popular one, but the one with more story potential. So I'm leaning Shadow.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
2-hour movies to a video game is like a short novel to a seven-book epic. Why do you think they held back on Super Sonic? I believe the next movie is going to be about Sonic, Tails and Knuckles where we see a bigger focus on the Echidna lore surrounding the Chaos Emeralds. In terms of adversaries, I'd say we have a likely chance of seeing Metal Sonic over Shadow because it's just that early.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
2-hour movies to a video game is like a short novel to a seven-book epic. Why do you think they held back on Super Sonic? I believe the next movie is going to be about Sonic, Tails and Knuckles where we see a bigger focus on the Echidna lore surrounding the Chaos Emeralds. In terms of adversaries, I'd say we have a likely chance of seeing Metal Sonic over Shadow because it's just that early.

They held back on Super Sonic because they held back on Chaos Emeralds. Can't really do one without the other. As for why they held back on Chaos Emeralds, that's almost certainly because this movie was meant to be the "grounded" one (or at least as grounded as you can get with this plot). Once we get into sequels, it seems likely that they'll feel less restricted by grounding the plot and dive into the Chaos Emeralds and related lore. (Which, by the way, is another reason why I think Shadow would be better for the sequel than Metal Sonic, as he can directly connect to the Emerald lore.)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
They held back on Super Sonic because they held back on Chaos Emeralds. Can't really do one without the other. As for why they held back on Chaos Emeralds, that's almost certainly because this movie was meant to be the "grounded" one (or at least as grounded as you can get with this plot). Once we get into sequels, it seems likely that they'll feel less restricted by grounding the plot and dive into the Chaos Emeralds and related lore. (Which, by the way, is another reason why I think Shadow would be better for the sequel than Metal Sonic, as he can directly connect to the Emerald lore.)
I think Metal Sonic makes more sense because Dr. Eggman has Sonic's Quill and is interested in studying him and I have a hunch he may build Metal Sonic from

the wreckage of his machine when he got lost in the Mushroom Planet or use it to get back home somehow.

It would be a great way to expand Dr. Eggman on the robot side of things before diving into the past. Also a Chaos Emerald-focused movie around the Echidna's would be a great way to build up a sequel to Chaos.

Pokemon Power

While I, in contrast, believe that they're saving Knuckles for the third movie, I do think the next adversary will be Metal Sonic. They seemed to imply that in the first stinger.
There's still some energy left in that quill that Dr. Eggman has, and from his crazy perspective, he probably wants to build Metal Sonic as a way to outmatch Sonic.