• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sonic unleashed

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
Not sure if there is already this thread... Anyway I just happened to be playing it and thought how many people are there that still play this. I think its a good game (completion almost) but does anyone else play it?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Only one half of game was any good, the other half drag on far too long.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
We already have two sonic threads, one for the most recently released game and one for an upcoming one.

Sonic Unleashed was a double edged sword. One one hand, it introduced the new style of controls, which I think really works for sonic in 3D, and has continued to get better with colours and generations.

On the other hand: Werehog. I play sonic for speedy platforming. Indeed, I imagine most sonic players do. So why make the game mostly (I played the wii version. I dont know about the other version, but mine was not 50% day 50% night. More like 80% night) a slow and slippery beat em up? What is the logic behind that, huh?

And chip sucked too.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I lost all my wiis data, so i'm not playing this again for awhile since I recently won it

Chris

Old Coot
Protip: You're better off with the 360/PS3 version. The Wii/PS2 version has more night segments than them.

Arsène

Finished the game, but the framerate issues with the PS3 version turned me off from further playtime of it.

That and SEGA seemingly forgetting how to place shadows under characters during those dreadful night missions.

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Protip: You're better off with the 360/PS3 version. The Wii/PS2 version has more night segments than them.

This pretty much.

The only thing that the Wii version does better than the 360/PS3 version is Eggman land day stage, given how the the 360/PS3 is really the Werehog stage, and the Dark Gaia stages.

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
I played the Wii one, and I hated the werehog stages. It felt more of a chore than a game. But the daytime levels were good.

sceptile33

I have the Wii version, which I've 100%'d. I won't ever do it again thanks to the damn werehog, but the daytime stages were fun. I love speedrunning through those. Cool Edge (Holoska) is my favorite.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I recently got the game (since it was cheap) to my friend, and he didn't mind the Werehog stages. They don't look as good as the day stages, but by itself, the night stages looked at least a little fun.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
People always tell me the light sections were perfect, and the night sections suck. Acting like if the game was only light sections it would be a 90+ game(review score). That's not true though. The light sections are decent, and the night sections are awful. It would be a good game overall if it was only light sections, but not GOTY or anything. But it is plagued with the atrocious night sections, which makes it a sub par game at best. Taking away Sonic's speed is like taking away Mario's ability to jump.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
I borrowed it from a video shop and did around 25-50% of it
I might buy it when K-mart put the prices down more

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
Everyones gonna go against me on this.. I find the DAY sections okay. I can barely turn corners.
As fer the night section.... EPIC. I found it easier than day (even though ledges and stuff) and day was just kinda... Cant explain.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I've played the hell out of both, and I can say that the Night levels are slightly better on the Wii/PS2, but the Day levels are infinitely better on the 360/PS3. Plus, the 360/PS3 has a lot more depth to it (actual hub worlds instead of stupid text boxes, hundreds of extra missions and sidequests, DLC). It's probably good to play both just for the experience, but if you must play only one, play the 360/PS3.