• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soo... Draglade, anyone?

Elementman-Novapoke

Draglade
12317.jpg

Yes, i've made a thread about Draglade.

So, what is Draglade?
Draglade is a fighting game developed by Dimps for the Nintendo DS. However, it has many rythmic aspects that come into play during the fights. There are also small platforming-esque sections throughout the game too.
In Japan, it is published by Banpresto, for the USA, it's Atlus, and for Europe and Australia, 505 Games will publish it.

In the future, a form of energy known as "Matter" becomes the world's primary source of power. At some point, a weapon called a "Glade" is developed that absorbs Matter from the atmosphere and forms it into a weapon. When the weapon formed by the Glade makes contact with another object it emits a sound. Over time the art of fighting with Glades, known as "Grapping" becomes the world's most popular sport. The story follows 4 characters on their own individual quests to become "Major Grappers".

There are 4 main characters, but you can unlock a further 5 players, however, they will only be playable for multi-player.

The 4 Main Characters:

Name: Hibito
Element: Fire
Glade(Weapon): Sword
Short Bio: Hibito is an aggressive young man who has idolized Grappers ever since he met a Major Grapper as a child. Once he's practiced for a certain amount of time, he makes the decision to run off and enter the Major Exam, leaving his Grandfather and sister behind. Despite his fiery personality he makes friends very easily.

Name: Guy
Element: Lightning
Glade: Knuckles/Fists/Gaunlets
Short Bio: Guy used to be part of a gang known as the "Black Fang". Eventually he grew tired of their ways and decided that he was going to take them down. He's on a quest to become a Major Grapper in order to gain enough strength to destroy the gang he once was a part of.

Name: Kyle
Element: Water
Glade: Dual Bladed Spear
Short Bio: Kyle's a pirate, son of the pirate Orca, who leads the notorious "Blue Whale". Kyle is trying to become a Major Grapper in order to enter a grapping tournament that only Major Grappers can enter in order to get his dad out of debt.

Name: Daichi
Element: Earth
Glade: Huge Mallet / Huge Hammer
Short Bio: Daichi is from a village of people that can communicate with animals. Every year, the village sends one representative out into the world to act as the protector of the animals. This year, two names were drawn, so, in order to prove that he is the most worthy representative of his village, Daichi sets out to become a Major Grapper.

The 'Secret Characters

Name: Asuka
Element: Flower
Glade: Fan
Short Bio: Asuka is from the same village as Daichi and can thus also talk to animals. She was the second name chosen to represent her village, she aims to become a Major Grapper so she can prove she is most worthy to represent her village, she does not believe Daichi can handle the responsibilty because he is too slow and kind.

Name: Gyamon
Element: Poison
Glade: Claw
Short Bio: Gyamon is cruel and sadistic young man who was a friend and fellow member of the "Blang Fang" gang with Guy. They were known as a powerful duo, however when Guy left the gang, Gyamon went in search of Guy to bring him back to the gang despite his orders.

Name: Yuki
Element: Wind
Glade: Rapier
Short Bio: Yuki is a young man who wishes to become strong and become a Major Grapper. He joins Hibito on his quest to become a Major Grapper as they travel together. However Yuki views himself as weak and is very self conscious about himself. This leads to the path of Dark Matter.

Name: Shelly
Element: Ice
Glade: Bow + Arrows
Short Bio: Shelly is a cold hearted girl who has closed off her emotions. She seeks revenge for her brother, who wished to be a Major Grapper, but had his dreams destroyed when the "Black Fang" hurt him so badly he could never Grap again. She finds Guy and wishes to battle him to avenge her brother against the "Black Fang". She soon realizes that Guy may have changed his ways.

Name: Zeke
Element: Void
Glade: Dual Swords
Short Bio: Zeke is a mysterious dark warrior that all the heroes encounter, he has great power and skill. He works for Mad Company, but is not truly interested in their goals. Once he has done what he was paid to do, he simply leaves.

For further information, visit these 'sites.
Official Site
Wikipedia Page
IGN Page with further links to reviews, etc.
GameFAQs Page(s)

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
I haven't heard of it, but it looks kind of interesting.

Emblematic

Lurking...
I saw a video on IGN, it LOOKS like it could be average to good. You should present a video or two on you're little presentation up there.

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
Sounds to me, a lot like custom robo arena, but I might pick it up if I have enough money after getting mario kart wii and pokemon mystery dungeon 2, when's this game coming out, or is it out already?

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
This actually looks really interesting, but it looks like something that'll be highly overlooked and underrated.

Fortunately, I'm a purveyor of underrated games.

SPECTROBES FTW

Heh, I love how people never hear of these underrated games, then try them out and they turn out real good. Lunar Knights, anyone?

I saw this a few times before, thanks to MidnightScott. It looked interesting...but the only thing keeping me from playing was a lack of finding it in stores, really. Once I find it though, it's worth a try.

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
Heh, I love how people never hear of these underrated games, then try them out and they turn out real good. Lunar Knights, anyone?

I saw this a few times before, thanks to MidnightScott. It looked interesting...but the only thing keeping me from playing was a lack of finding it in stores, really. Once I find it though, it's worth a try.

Don't forget about puzzle quest, it was a great game. I'm probley gonna pick this game up, if I have the cash.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer

Try the internet retailers :p

Also, did yall know they are making a Draglade 2? I never got into it but I thought I would add the discussion since my name was mentioned.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
H-hang on... this game was released... December of last year in North America?

I never saw it on shelves... not even at GameStop... nor in the used game showcase at GameStop...

It's not even on Nintendo Wi-Fi's DS game roster.

Wow.

Last edited:

Elementman-Novapoke

I got it via Play.com for £25.

It's been out in the U.K for over a month, but none of the retailers have any knowledge of it!

It should definately get the title of most underrated game on the DS.

It's very good, the story line is quite short, but the multi=player and wi-fi is really good.

Buy it if you can, or rent it.