• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sooooooonansu!

Should Wobbuffet leave in the future?

• Total voters

thunderblade12

i think its more like mistys togepi than ashs pikachu or TRs meowth..its a pokemon that it becomes very difficult to ever think of leaving but it is not irreplacable, just like togepi. togepi ended up being replaced by an azurill..never seen that one coming

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Togepi was really disliked, so perhaps that's why the writers got rid of it despite Misty not being a main character.

At least Azurill hasn't been too bad, but we've only seen it for like 2 episodes so we didn't get to know it well.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I don't see how Sonansu is like Togepi at all. No matter how stale it might get, it isn't turning Musashi into a walking cradle and it actually has something to do in most episodes, even if it isn't anything important. If you must make a comparison, I'd say it shares a lot more in common with Koduck.

I quite like the blue blob myself. He's had plenty of amusing and sometimes downright hilarious moments through the years and he's just as much a part of the Rocket-dan as the main trio. The times when he successfully counters an attack are pretty cool as well.

Profesco

gone gently
Togepi was really disliked

Where's that coming from? First Misty, then Brock, and now even cute little Togepi is on the receiving end of the Hate Baton?

Besides, Wobbuffet and Psyduck could have been long-lost brothers for all the traits they had in common. Comparing Wobbuffet to Togepi is like comparing Larry, Moe, and Curly to Strawberry Shortcake.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Where's that coming from? First Misty, then Brock, and now even cute little Togepi is on the receiving end of the Hate Baton?

LOL, you really missed on what was going on in the fandom the last 5 years since the end of Johto.

Togepi was blamed for apparently draining away Misty's personality in Johto. Instead of Misty's fiery temper from Kanto/Orange that we all liked, the writers replace it with this motherly demure personality since for the bulk of Johto she has Togepi in her arms. Its why as soon as Johto ended the very first thing they did with Misty in Hoenn was finally evolve Togepi and get rid of it due to all the fandom backlash against the Pokemon.

Hell, Pokemopolis wrote a whole article on Misty that explains it better than I can. Read this if you have the time:

http://www.pokemopolis.net/characters/mistycharacter.htm

blastoise3

Elite Trainer
I think Wobbufet should stay. I love that blue blob! I love it when Wobbufet annoys Jesse from time to time, it never gets old. Besides, if it does battle, I think it'll do be one of Team Rocket's most powerful PKMN (it's uber, isn't it). The only time its Counter/Mirrorcoat ever failed is when Articuno used Blizzard, but I doubt any of the main characters will have a legendary pokemon. And Wobbufet is yet to use Safeguard and Destiny Bond - it'll give Team Rocket a little edge. If not, well, Wobbufet is still one of the best comic reliefs I've seen on the show.

Pink sneasel

Double Trouble Time
Getting rid of wobbuffet would be like getting rid of pikachu. Though I like y=the idea of pikachu getting a break it will never happen. Wobbuffet is just too funny to go.

And what's this about togepi? I was only mad that it didn't evolve sooner, but they have to bring it back sometime. How else will they do togekiss? It would really suck if it were just some filler with a random flock of togekiss from nowhere.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Its not hurting anyone from being there. Seriously, some of you act like Jessie can't make a new capture without ditching Wobbufett. >_>

Wobbufett can stay because, as said, its not hurting anybody. Its there because its there, its not preventing any new Pokemon from joining her roster.

I'd say there actually is a way that it is sort of doing that.

I've heard a rule that Team Rocket can only have five pokemon and meowth on their team to match up to six pokemon on Ash's roster. That would mean someone's got to go before someone comes in, and if anyone is caught before anyone leaves, I don't see why it should be Jessie, who already outbalances her partner.

Seviper is staying just because it's popular and fills in for arbok, dustox could go, especially after the long loss of its original rival, but it's there for sentimental value.

Wobby is pretty old now, and it doesn't do anything it didn't do a good season earlier. With his comical factor pretty washed up, he's pretty much dead weight who is expected to suck, and does suck.

IThe only time its Counter/Mirrorcoat ever failed is when Articuno used Blizzard,

Yeah, it totally worked against ariados, right?

[sarcasm]

I might change my mind if he at least once had a succesful win, but he only did that in the beginning to seal his fate really. After that, he's pretty much been foiled.

Though I think I'd be happier to see carnivine leave. That reincarnated victreebel is even less exciting. Though I guess he at least is a better fighter than victreebel, but he just gets pwned in the end.

To conclude, I don't think there's any good reason for him to leave, but I don't think he's all that great to keep.

Last edited:

Chimchartrainer07

I love Wobbufett he's one of my favorites, and i doubt the guy will leave unless they come up with a 5th pokemon that is a suitable replacement, although back when they introduced Hunter J i thought Seviper was going to join the TR motto at the end cause I really liked that one it was my favorite of the mottos so far.