• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sooooooonansu!

Should Wobbuffet leave in the future?

• Total voters

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Should Wobbuffet eventually leave the show?
Simple enough question.

I don't think it should. I don't buy arguments of it 'being useless' and 'no longer funny', since neither of these factors seem to have any bearing on anything in the show. It's not preventing other characters from going about their daily animé lives, nor is it preventing any future aqquisitions for Team Rocket's pokémon roster.
'It doesn't even battle' doesn't do anything to convince me either, since most of the time TR's group only gets to use one attack before they're slaughtered.

Bottom line is, if Wobbuffet were having any negative effects on the show, then I'd see justification in having a problem with it. But as it stands, it doesn't, so I don't see why dumping it off should ever be an option.

Yes. Please. Go Away. I've had enough of that blue thing. >> Seriously.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Its not hurting anyone from being there. Seriously, some of you act like Jessie can't make a new capture without ditching Wobbufett. >_>

Wobbufett can stay because, as said, its not hurting anybody. Its there because its there, its not preventing any new Pokemon from joining her roster.

So I don't see the problem with it staying. Hell, I'd say BROCK is more stale than Wobbufett, but we all knew that already, right?

Very embarrassing, that people aruge that Pokemon are stale yet there's a walking human zombie on the cast. Can we please have a cast in Pokemon where one of the characters doesn't turn into a reanimated zombie that's an empty shell of their former self?

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
Between the two, I don't really care what happens to it. The shameful thing for me is I sometimes overlook it's presence when out of it's Pokeball unless it was doing something that draws attention to itself (battling, comical incident, etc.) I still like it aggravating Jessie from time to time.

TheHolyShoe

No. Sonansu's part of the Roketto-dan, just as much as Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyarth. There's no reason for it to leave and it's a fine member of our favorite group of misfits.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
No, it's just the fandom being retarded this and especially next week.

TheHolyShoe

^ Don't forget the two weeks after Riolu before the 'Raichu' episode airs. So its like a month of retardation total.

Dax

Legend
Nahh...

It doesn't do anything but at the same time it doesn't bother anyone. Wobbuffet is like a signature pokemon for TR. It should absolutely stay.

Profesco

gone gently
Wobbuffet is the funniest member of Team Rocket, if only 'cause we can't understand his speech. That's better than Jessie and James's strings of alliterative puns... It even makes my mom laugh when Wob pops out of his ball, grips his forehead in the "woe is me" pose and cries out in what is apparently frustration.

Who'd seriously want to go without that?

Wobbufett seems like a signiture pokemon for TR so I don't think it's going anywhere.

Not to mention, in the D/P opening, Wobbufett is right beside Meowth as opposed to being with the other pokemon popping up. Also in the recent Japanese ending, Wobbufett was the only pokemon along side Meowth to be turned into a chibi with James.

(Note: I don't know if mentioning what happens in Japanese openings and endings were spoilers so I put it in a spoiler tag just in case).

An00bis

Wicked Witch
As said previously Wobbuffet neither hurts nor helps the team. I wouldn't mind if Wobbuffet stayed if it didn't count for being one of the three Pokemon that the writers allot to Jessie. Like being a neutral member that doesn't belong to Jessie or James (like Meowth). It had a very good run for a Pokemon in any case with a ton of memorable moments, and has been on the Team the longest outside of Meowth.

Who'd seriously want to go without that?

Doesn't it's name in Japanese mean something along the lines of 'that is correct' explaining why it shows up to say its full name at the end of Team Rocket's dramatic speeches? I remember hearing that a long time ago.

TheHolyShoe

Yup. Sonansu means "That's the way it is." Whenever it pops out of its Monster Ball, that's the writers way of emphasizing something that the Roketto-dan says.

PDL

disenchanted
So I don't see the problem with it staying. Hell, I'd say BROCK is more stale than Wobbufett, but we all knew that already, right?

Very embarrassing, that people aruge that Pokemon are stale yet there's a walking human zombie on the cast. Can we please have a cast in Pokemon where one of the characters doesn't turn into a reanimated zombie that's an empty shell of their former self?

Can you go a single thread without talking about this?

Kataphrut

^ So.... what makes Brock stale again?

And I agree that Wobbufet should stay. He's been onboard since early Johto and leaving would just create a blank space which couldn't be filled.

Besides, wether major or not, you've gotta love him.

Profesco

gone gently
Yup. Sonansu means "That's the way it is." Whenever it pops out of its Monster Ball, that's the writers way of emphasizing something that the Roketto-dan says.

Holy cow! That's wonderful! A whole new appreciation for the blue blob has flourished in my Poke-heart.

Chimchartrainer07

I love Wobbufet when Jessie first got it and lost Lickitung I was to be honest a little upset I was not a happy camper but I saw it battle with nothing but Counter and hold its own I was impressed and Liked it ever since then.