• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SOPA - and the End Of The Internet!!!

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
No. Definitely a shutdown. If you only knew how many of the videos had copyrighted content in them, you'd realize the impossibility of salvaging youtube.

Any time the government gets involved with anything, it gets messed up even more than before. They start regulating schools closely, and suddenly running on the playground, the game of dodgeball, and peanut butter sandwiches are banned and pizza becomes a vegetable. (I'm not making any of this up)
Letting the government get near the internet is as reckless as letting the fox guard the henhouse.

Yeah I heard pizza is consider vegetable. About YouTube, what about the video from the official artist? Instead of our government spending tax dollar on useless **** on bills. They should be fixing the budget crisis. I wasn't suprised that IGN supports SOPA and PIPA. Afterall IGN is owned by Fox

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
I wonder how the world would manage to survive without the internet
Probably total anarchy and dystopia. It would make a good movie setting.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
No. Definitely a shutdown. If you only knew how many of the videos had copyrighted content in them, you'd realize the impossibility of salvaging youtube.

Any time the government gets involved with anything, it gets messed up even more than before. They start regulating schools closely, and suddenly running on the playground, the game of dodgeball, and peanut butter sandwiches are banned and pizza becomes a vegetable. (I'm not making any of this up)
Letting the government get near the internet is as reckless as letting the fox guard the henhouse.

Peanut butter sandwiches are banned??? And Dodgeball??? And running on the playground???

I hope the feds don't catch me. I better get a good lawyer just in case.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
It would be good for us though. We're too addicted to the internet..
Who invented Internet anyways? it have been around for like.. 20 years or so?
Not that long, at least

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Not that long, at least
Duh, Al Gore invented the internet by channeling aliens in an abandon lighthouse :/
But I don't think it would be a good thing, think of all the jobs it has created.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
But still. it is an interesting thought..
Al Gore's crazy.. But he did discover Manbearpig

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Not shutting down Youtube more like regulating Youtube. It's basically getting rid of video that are copyrights for example AMVs.

So, that's still denying our personal freedom to make those vidyas and at the end you can only watch official stuff.
Like, what if your covers of songs are taken down aswell because of that, denying us lolzcows and possible talent?

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
So, that's still denying our personal freedom to make those vidyas and at the end you can only watch official stuff.
Like, what if your covers of songs are taken down aswell because of that, denying us lolzcows and possible talent?

That's what I'm saying.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Not shutting down Youtube more like regulating Youtube. It's basically getting rid of video that are copyrights for example AMVs.

Yeah, the government has more important things to worry about. They're not going to spend resources moderating every video that gets updated to Youtube. They'll just shut down the whole site and work on other things that need to be worked on.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
Yeah, the government has more important things to worry about. They're not going to spend resources moderating every video that gets updated to Youtube. They'll just shut down the whole site and work on other things that need to be worked on.

Both great points. Pertaining to your response, Elice, it reminds me of state controlled television and internet like in the PRC and North Korea and other dictatorial states.

PokeMaster366

Yeah! Like how to deal with the angry mob sitting at Capitol Hill with torches ablaze like some Frankenstein movie after the people in the mob find out that Youtube has been killed.

paracelsus

Yeah! Like how to deal with the angry mob sitting at Capitol Hill with torches ablaze like some Frankenstein movie after the people in the mob find out that Youtube has been killed.

As much as I dislike SOPA, I'm gonna have to say that mob violence is not the way to answer it. In the end, its gonna be national guard 1, mob dead

PokeMaster366

As much as I dislike SOPA, I'm gonna have to say that mob violence is not the way to answer it. In the end, its gonna be national guard 1, mob dead

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if someone got shot over the end of the Internet. Either that or went suicidal, mentally insane (a lot of people live on the internet), comatose, or simply left themselves in the corner to rot over their supposed failure to keep the Internet alive.

danparker

Well, I am relieved of that, but i guess it doesn't mean it's not over yet. And i'm still against these things.

And i am aware of what happened to Megaupload. I am angry about that as I used the site.

I don't know what more to say.

PsychicPsycho

Last edited:

PokeMaster366

I was just thinking, wasn't it like just a year ago since all of Eygpt was up in arms over not getting Facebook?

Also, before the voting on the bills was delayed, was there a projection of how it would go?

Edit: Oh just saw this- something new called OPEN: http://www.pcworld.com/article/248525/sopa_pipa_stalled_meet_the_open_act.html

Looks better at a glance.

But they probably won't agree to it anyway because they think it doesn't hit the issue of piracy "hard" enough. I'd like to see what excuse Congress will make to get out of this mess.

Dark Eevee

Not that long, at least
Destroying the Internet will cause the USA's economy to crash, then drag the other economies with us till the world becomes a mess. Is that what you want?

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Well. That's interesting.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Now there's a new threat they're hiding behind our backs.

Seriously, we can't win here. We kill SOPA, they invent a new bill. We kill that one, a new one comes along. Eventually people will get tired of the constant news and protest will diminish. Then'll be able to sneak one through.

I might as well go tattoo "Property of MPAA" on my forehead right now.