• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SOPA - and the End Of The Internet!!!

PokeMaster366

Now there's a new threat they're hiding behind our backs.

Seriously, we can't win here. We kill SOPA, they invent a new bill. We kill that one, a new one comes along. Eventually people will get tired of the constant news and protest will diminish. Then'll be able to sneak one through.

I might as well go tattoo "Property of MPAA" on my forehead right now.

*groan* You might as well change the name of this thread to "World Government Declares War on the Internet".

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I just hope that they would vote against SOPA on Tuesday. That is because it would be along the lines of that Eighth Amendment for getting arrest for making a walkthrough of a video. I mean that it would be one of the dumbest thing congress has done recently. That and when they made pizza a vegetable. Though if they would make a bill or something that would shut down places such as 4chan , then that would be all right for me. That being since it that they all the problems with the internet would be fixed if they just destroy that hacker group called Anonymous.

Kacho

You are next.
saw this vid on fb today...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tD1yaE0GfQ&feature=share

(i don't know if i am allowed to post vids in misc section, haha)
however, besides the part about millions of people in prison (improbable), I do think other parts are true.

High prison number? more than russia? makes me laugh thinking about the rivalry with Russia in Cold War.

US being world police? it's been known, but i guess not extending to the internet.

...... *sigh*

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I just hope that they would vote against SOPA on Tuesday. That is because it would be along the lines of that Eighth Amendment for getting arrest for making a walkthrough of a video. I mean that it would be one of the dumbest thing congress has done recently. That and when they made pizza a vegetable. Though if they would make a bill or something that would shut down places such as 4chan , then that would be all right for me. That being since it that they all the problems with the internet would be fixed if they just destroy that hacker group called Anonymous.

Oh my lord, so much wrong with this post.

1. Congress did not declare pizza a vegetable. They said that tomato sauce counts as a serving of vegetables.

2. Anonymous is fighting Congress on this bill. They're the Internet's secret weapon. If anyone could stop this, it's Anon. They're freedom of speech/information hacktivists. Writing them off as a simple "hacker group" just shows you have no idea who they are.

3. Anonymous is not affiliated with 4chan anymore. They're two separate things. And even if they were, I find it hilarious that think shutting down 4chan would stop Anonymous.

4. "All the problems with the internet would be fixed by destroying Anonymous?" You're kidding, right? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

lucario beast

god well know we have acta to wory about i wish the goverment would dieeeeeeeeeeeee. the goverment has turned into you, dont like what were doing, well **** you, well do whatever the **** we want. i am no longer proud to be an american

Last edited:

Poke Trainer J

Now there's a new threat they're hiding behind our backs.

Seriously, we can't win here. We kill SOPA, they invent a new bill. We kill that one, a new one comes along. Eventually people will get tired of the constant news and protest will diminish. Then'll be able to sneak one through.

I might as well go tattoo "Property of MPAA" on my forehead right now.

I can see how ACTA is a problem, but If the OPEN Act passes then maybe the U.S. Government
will finally shut up and let everyone else here enjoy the Internet like we have for over a decade.

I mean seriously have you looked up the OPEN Act, it's less draconian than SOPA/PIPA and sites like Wikipedia, Facebook, Twitter, and Google already support OPEN but the MPAA says that it's too light on Internet Piracy.

MPAA you either adapt to a new business model or die... -___-

Dark Eevee

I can see how ACTA is a problem, but If the OPEN Act passes then maybe the U.S. Government
will finally shut up and let everyone else here enjoy the Internet like we have for over a decade.

I mean seriously have you looked up the OPEN Act, it's less draconian than SOPA/PIPA and sites like Wikipedia, Facebook, Twitter, and Google already support OPEN but the MPAA says that it's too light on Internet Piracy.

MPAA you either adapt to a new business model or die...
-___-
I say die.

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
I personally, from what i understand, believe that ACTA is infact worse than SOPA and PIPA and what's worse is that its all very underhand and some of the people signing it werent even elected for the country they're signing for.
i found this video pretty explanatory

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
^ I see why you say that. Heck, I think it's happening already...

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
I can already imagine World Government vs. Anonymous.

World government? Don't bring us into it. The only people who are going to lose out are Americans - the USA has no power as a 'world government' no matter what the illusion.

I can't see such nonsense ever being enacted law in any other 'democracy'.

[img139]http://i.qkme.me/35qwh2.jpg[/img139]

Kacho

You are next.
I can already imagine World Government vs. Anonymous.

I think what he is saying is that, since most democratic government tend to follows what US does, other governments might also enact bills similar to SOPA/PIPA if the bill(s) is/are passed; and thus, if they are passed, anonymous would be on a campaign against world govenments

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
World government? Don't bring us into it. The only people who are going to lose out are Americans - the USA has no power as a 'world government' no matter what the illusion.

Maybe not, but if passed, these laws would easily affect sites from all countries.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
Only if they have a non-country specific top level domain name like .com or .org

Websites hosted on servers (including in the USA) with domain names like redd.it or bit.ly would have been unaffected by the Bill.

All you would have to do to get around it is add a country-specific TLD to the domain name.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Ahh I can see it now, encarcerated and staying in a jail cell probably next to jb#s... Cool!
Yeah, Censoring most US internet sites will greatly affect the world's usage.
Social sites help families that are found across countries keep communicated (as I do) so In a way, communication will decline and I don't want the government giving me obstacles on chatting with my fam. I don't wanna go back to buying 2$ calling cards lol