• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SOPA - and the End Of The Internet!!!

Dark Eevee

Strange. I remember that being at 800,000+ yesterday looking for 1,000,000,000. I am old and forgetful so i could be wrong...
They made another petition, as they have already sent the other one to EU. Also if you actually looked at the page in question you'd know that.

Shoudy4

Too many sites are against SOPA. Nothing's gonna happen.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
They made another petition, as they have already sent the other one to EU. Also if you actually looked at the page in question you'd know that.
I actually looked at it. What I didn't do was actually read it. Thank you for the clarification, I'm not getting senile and that is a worry off my mind!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

Oh for the love of... there's another one now?

Geez, this will never end. As soon as we defeat one, they'll make up another one and keep doing it until the public gets tired of hearing about it, so the protests will die down.

Dark Eevee

Geez, this will never end. As soon as we defeat one, they'll make up another one and keep doing it until the public gets tired of hearing about it, so the protests will die down.
Actually I think they've been working on this one for a while, so it's actually older than ACTA. But we just now have info on it.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.

That does it, I'm going to become a misanthrope.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Your magic has no power here, Night Shadow. Begone before someone drops a house on you.

So anyway, yeah, it does kind of annoy me that they made ANOTHER bill. I guess you can't let your guard down for a minute when it comes to these bills. It's like they'll never stop until the world gives up (But to anyone who read my last post and didn't know, yes that was a joke.)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Too many sites are against SOPA. Nothing's gonna happen.

Don't be too sure. They're extraditing a college student from the UK to the United States, just for linking to copyrighted material on his site. And they're using extradition laws that are normally used to bring terrorists to the States. I'm serious. He's facing up to 10 years in prison just for linking to stuff on his site. And he didn't even personally upload or download anything. Just imagine what they'll do to people that uploaded or downloaded stuff if they can do that.

And alot of the people enforcing these laws are part of the MPAA or RIAA. They're the ones that shut down Megaupload and seized their computers, which means they now hold the records of EVERYONE that EVER downloaded anything from that site. And Megaupload is just the first one. They're gonna go after the other file sharing sites too. They're gonna seize ALL of those computers. And once they have all the user information of the people that registered to get faster download times, they're gonna go after ALL those people. I'm dead serious. They went after a single mother and sued her for about 1.5 million dollars, for downloading a dozen songs. And they're gonna do that to anyone that ever did things like that. And SOPA will make it easier than ever to do, because it removes the Statute of Limitations on ANY cybercrime ever committed, and enables them to go after ANYBODY, REGARDLESS of where they live in the world.

Did you know that filing bankruptcy won't get anyone out of these 1.5 million dollar judgements? I didn't until very recently. That's right. If you file for bankruptcy, it won't get you out of having to pay those settlements and judgements. And if you don't think the MPAA or RIAA will go after ANYONE that downloaded their stuff, you might be in for a very rude awakening very soon.

Don't believe me about them going after people? Just take a look at this. It actually tells you who some of these people are. But it also tells you what you can do to stop it, and this is by far the best idea I've seen, and probably the EASIEST ONE TO DO! I'm not kidding, I think we found the RIAA's and MPAA's kryptonite with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sBLuOelC88

And remember, only go there to rate the movies if you've seen the movies, because the sites have NO WAY OF TELLING IF YOU DID OR NOT! In other words, just go there and rate the movies. It's free, and best of all, no law can stop you from doing that, no matter HOW BAD the rating is that you give, because reviewing or rating something is perfectly legal. Post a comment. Tell them how much you hated it. I'm sure all the millions of people that make purchases with their cell phones and IPods will LOVE all the negative reviews. How about those people thinking of going to see it? Tell them how bad it was. Watch what happens when the movie companies start losing millions of dollars at the box office. People that work for these companies have actually said on the record that this is a movie company's worst nightmare, because there is absolutely nothing they can do to stop it from happening if it does. They can't make people not review movies (in those EXACT words).

And in case you have doubts, these people really do use their phones and IPods to make purchasing decisions. I see it all the time when I go shopping. I know you see it too. Tell those people how horrible the movies were when you see them trying to decide. Promote independent films that the place sells instead. Chances are, they're better anyway. And FYI, ONE person telling someone that a movie was horrible is more influential to the average moviegoer than TEN people telling them it was good. And best of all, people with IPods and cell phones love to text message. They'll tell their families, their friends, everyone they know to avoid those movies if you tell them they're bad.

But you've gotta do your part on this. You've gotta get involved and go out and review these movies. And if you see people shopping out there, tell them you hated those movies. Movie companies can ignore stuff on youtube, but they can't ignore poor sales figures and profit losses.

Trust me. This makes a difference. Want a good example? Look at how John Carter did on opening night. Those bad ratings on rottentomatoes; where do you think most of them came from? Hmm...

Last edited:

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
I thought it was generally agreed that SOPA and PIPA were dead and buried. That was before i found out about CISPA. I'm not quite sure what it plans on doing but it is described to be SOPA 2.0.