• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sorry

Master_in_Training

Future Master
THIS is my farewell fiction. Disobeying rules or not, I'm logging in for the last time.
DISCLAIMER:
I don't own Pokemon.
RATING: G
(Ash's POV)​

You merely looked at all of us straight in the eye, and you said that you are going. Not a word about us. No, anything... All you said was that you're going to Johto, going to follow your rivals, going with him. The person that always gave you roses, and also the one who more than once gave you trouble, and, at other times, grief.

I'm sorry that you ever left. There, I admit it. Happy? Maybe not, you're long gone by now to hear that.

So, it's too late, for now. We are far from each other, maybe halfway around the world even. While you're in Johto, in the west, I'm in Sinnoh, far to the north. Yeah, that's nearly halfway around the world, if you ask me. Not exactly within "hearing" distance; I know that for sure, I've been there.

You would be quite surprised. Between me and our womanizing(and failing, as always) friend, I am the one who missed you more. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Brock misses you, too, but, not as much as I am.

Just wish that I had the chance to tell you that, and even something else... Well, whatever it is, I'm not sure I know anything about it, although Brock kept giving me looks whenever I mention it to him. What I'm sure of is, I will leave that matter for later, maybe much later...

If- No, that's not right. When you come back, or when we meet again, and you can tell us all of whatever he's done to you, good or bad. In the case of the latter, I'll make sure I make him feel sorry for that, and that's a promise.

------------------------------------------------------------------

(May's POV)​

I look over the railing of the ship my brother and I were riding, alongside my Pokemon. We waved farewell back at the two people who were still at the harbor. It's not that they missed the ship; it's just that they have to go somewhere else, far from us. It's not like we had a fight; we just wanted to take separate paths, that's all.

My eyes drifted to the younger of the two; the one wearing a blue jumper and a red cap, dwarfed by his tanned companion. I remember the last Contest I participated in, and I faced off against him. That was his first Contest, and I was, for the first time, more experienced than he was; well, in that field, anyways.

And still, after all the odds stacked in my favor, we came to a tie in the final round. Don't get me wrong; I was, in fact, glad that neither one of us bested the other. As soon as the harbor was out of sight, and my Munchlax was causing trouble that my brother made himself busy trying to stop him, I took out my fanny pack. Rummaging inside, I took out the prize that I won from the Contest: a ribbon, or, at least, half a ribbon.

The other half was with the boy I tied with; I hope that he's not going to throw it away. I know he can be dense sometimes, but it is impossible for him not to realize the meaning of the half-ribbon, right? He doesn't realize that I may be facing the ridicule of my rivals with the presence of a "ruined" Ribbon?

He doesn't realize anything at all. Earlier, when we were all having our last meal together, when I announced my plan for going to Johto, I saw that it was him who was shocked the most. He doesn't realize that I overheard him mutter the words "Sorry" under his breath.

Only, I was as dense as he was, only just figuring out why he said that. Because, right now, I'm sorry, too.

END​

Xaotl

Dragon Lord
You're leaving.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm definate that there's a bunch of people who really enjoy this fic, and all of your others, as I have.

But I guess you probably won't be back here to read this...

I'm sure that there's a load of others who also want you to continue here.

But still as usual I'l get to the point of a review.

For one the two points of view were both nicely done. Calm, without much to spoil the mood, maybe the Womanising bit was a tad too much, but that's just me nitpicking.

The flow nice, and the meaning of sorry. Brilliant, never would have thought that, than at the end it all comes. Nice way of wrapping things up.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Brock misses you, too, but, not as much as I am.

as I do.

Please tell me why are you leaving this place ? Considering you have a very high esteem amongst your fellow writers and shippers (and I'm basing myself on the oscars)...

Frankly, I feel sorry for you if you're frustrated by lack of reviews...but whatever your "problem" here is, to me, you're one hell of an author !

Now with the fic...

It gave me sort of a mixed impression, like that you were the one trying to scream sorry for leaving...but maybe the idea's farfetch'd (sorry...couldn't resist...)

In anycase, besides being short, I liked it : because (and this might spark some flames) it seems to me that everything AdvanceShipping was is perfectly summed up here : a tragedy with both protagonists feeling regret...
(at least May has a cameo now in the series :p )
I liked the fact that you made May think about the moment she left (as I did as well in my fic, but with ContestShipping version...) and the fact that she realised after that...adds more drama.

Frankly, great piece of work here, kudos and good bye.

Oh my gosh, you're leaving? O_O Noooo, don't leave, I like your writing a lot (just have to get around to reviewing)

But I guess I'll review to this one.

The writing was great except for a few mistakes here and there, and just as Mark said, I kind of get the idea that this writing is connected to the fact that you're leaving just like May did.

It was very sad to read, and I don't know if you wanted that to come across in your fic, but that's what I got, a depressing atmosphere.

Well, um, good luck with everything else, I guess.