• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sorting Pokémon into Hogwarts Houses

Rune Knight

Hello. Been playing Hogwarts Legacy lately, and got inspired to create my own sorting of every Pokémon into Hogwarts Houses.

Full disclaimer, these are all just my own opinions of course and purely based on my interpretation of the different pokémon.

Feel free to discuss and do this yourself as well. I'll be doing each generation at a time, as well as a random tier list maker for to make my listings.

Starting with Gen I:

my-image.png

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m going to have to disagree with a few of the placements. First just because a Pokémon is Psychic doesn’t mean it has super high levels of intelligence which is why Smoochum and Jynx should be in Slytherin. Smoochum has been stated to be a little vain in the games as one Dex entry says that it will look to see its reflection to make sure its face isn’t dirty and will immediately clean it if there is any dirt on it and Jynx is stated to speak some sort of language that no one other than Smoochum and other Jynx can understand similar to Parseltongue. The snake is a symbol of cunningness and the Chinese zodiac describes those born in the year of the Snake as being vain and are full of mysteries and secrets which is definitely a trait of Slytherins. Wobbuffet is definitely a Hufflepuff as it is loyal and very friendly with those that it trusts. It has never been said to do anything incredible intelligent or even trying to learn any new knowledge and mostly tries to hide itself from others. Hufflepuffs are known to avoid direct conflict for as long as they can and only fight back when there are no other options and to protect others.

Rune Knight

I’m going to have to disagree with a few of the placements. First just because a Pokémon is Psychic doesn’t mean it has super high levels of intelligence which is why Smoochum and Jynx should be in Slytherin. Smoochum has been stated to be a little vain in the games as one Dex entry says that it will look to see its reflection to make sure its face isn’t dirty and will immediately clean it if there is any dirt on it and Jynx is stated to speak some sort of language that no one other than Smoochum and other Jynx can understand similar to Parseltongue. The snake is a symbol of cunningness and the Chinese zodiac describes those born in the year of the Snake as being vain and are full of mysteries and secrets which is definitely a trait of Slytherins. Wobbuffet is definitely a Hufflepuff as it is loyal and very friendly with those that it trusts. It has never been said to do anything incredible intelligent or even trying to learn any new knowledge and mostly tries to hide itself from others. Hufflepuffs are known to avoid direct conflict for as long as they can and only fight back when there are no other options and to protect others.

I tried to not purposely place all psychic pokémon into ravenclaw, but in most cases it was complicated. I didn't really read any dex entries going into this, only relying on prior knowledge plus how they were portrayed in the anime.

At least I didn't put Mew in it lol.

I just find that most pokémon of the same type tend to exhibit similar traits, like ghost pokémon being mischeavous, darks being cunning, and of course psychics being smart.

That said, I know it's not perfect, but looking back from your point of view I'd definetely change some, including Wobbuffet.

Morp

I was wondering why you put the Nidoran line in Slytherin, and then remembered it was because they were poison types. Which I suppose would make sense, thinking about it. Just not sure if I would put Mewtwo in Ravenclaw personally.

Rune Knight

I was wondering why you put the Nidoran line in Slytherin, and then remembered it was because they were poison types. Which I suppose would make sense, thinking about it. Just not sure if I would put Mewtwo in Ravenclaw personally.
They "look the part" lol. Yeah, I'm a little deliberate about Mewtwo; for one it's really dark and has an ambition to prove itself, but at the same time it is remarkably intellegent. So yeah, either or.

Rune Knight

I was convinced recently that Ravenclaw is better fitting for the Lucario line since they are known to be wise and able to read their opponents.

Anyway, here's Unova.

my-image.png