• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Souku's Project 365: Pokémon 2

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Oooooh, love the Bagon. I can tell it dreams of flying. I know it will get there some day. :)

3D992

The Living Hologram
You did amazing with Bagon. :)

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Time for me to comment here.

Boldore - Yeah, don't we all not like running into those in caves. The horns and tusks and claws on this is pretty good.
Surskit - Pretty good and I like the contrast of the different shades of blue here.
Swoobat - Like many of your realistic drawings, this is very impressive. I also don't like using it in battles sadly and I never really liked it, but the way you did it here makes it look way better than it actually is.
Bagon - This is an amazing pic. The fact that you made this amazing piece on something your not used to is great and is one of the best ones on this new project thus far. I love how Bagon here's depicted and seeing it with a sense of hope that it'll fly one day. I'm sure you did the other two Pokes of this line last year, no?

Souku

Thanks very much for the comments on Bagon! We all know it will achieve its goal one day. :) Glad you guys like the pic!

nathandg0924, thank you very much for your comments! Yep, I did draw Shelgon and Salamence last year (both in very different styles, actually). With them and S/Woobat, two more evo lines have been completed. Very happy to hear that you liked Bagon and Swoobat's pics. :)

Day 26 - Lileep
26th January 2013

So, for Australia Day, random.org decides to pic a most un-Australian pokémon. Then again, there aren't that many/any really Aussie pokés anyway. That said, Lileep is just stuck on its rock and waving its petal-like tentacles and hoping that it catches something tasty for a meal. It is also under the sea.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Gorgeous Lileep. It looks frail, like I think it should, since it's at the bottom of the ocean with no light. Lileep is one of my favorite fossils.

-_- I missed the Duosion last time! I like the style on it and really love the watermelon colors.

Souku

Thank you all for the comments and words of encouragement! Lileep is one of my favourite fossil pokémon too, so I am glad that you like its picture. :) I must admit, colouring underwater scenes is oddly relaxing, probably because of all the blue. DarkSnivy, glad to see you here! Don't worry, it's only been a month -- better late than never, hey? ;)

Day 27 - Machoke
27th January 2013

So bodybuilder types are kinda hard to draw because muscles. I had to use a couple of refs for Machoke as I don't usually draw macho men. Or humans in general haha. Anyway, this is muscle-flexing Machoke. Um... Yeah, that's really all I have to say today.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I have a ton of trouble with muscles, too. You did a nice job, though! I see no problems with the anatomy and the design looks cool, too.

Souku

Thank you both. :) Using a reference really helped a lot with the muscles, that's for sure! Apologies that day 28's description is so short but I'm really tired again. With that, I bid you all good night. lol

Day 28 - Sawk
28th January 2013

I'm running out of cool poses to put the fighting type Pokémon in, so Sawk kind of gets a generic karate punch pose. I don't know how many fighting Pokémon are left but I hope there aren't many now.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
That looks great! It looks very formidable, unlike its goofy official design. Your fighting-type artwork is always awesome. :)

Souku

Haha, thank you for the comments. Glad that Sawk looks all right to you guys, hopefully Doduo's pic is more interesting? Well... as interesting as a running bird can be. |D I based it off an emu because they're native to my country, and also because Doduos look more like emus to me.

Day 29 - Doduo
29th January 2013

So being a large, flightless bird means running becomes Doduo's biggest strength. My original intention was to draw the doduo dashing across the canvas (so the canvas would be quite wide), but I changed my mind as you can see. I figured drawing him in a behind-the-shoulder shot would be some good practice as I usually don't choose to draw with this angle in mind.

rosierjay

Lillipup Trainer
sorry for silently watching the last few day. hard times at work.
you've been doing amazing work.
the douduo really captured my attention today. so amazing. love the angle and the background is breathtaking.

Ampharoid

AMPHAROS TREYNUR
Galvantula looks absolutely amazing! You're very talented, I can't wait to see ampharos!

Souku

Ah, thank you for the comments!

rosierjay, no worries about not commenting every day! I love it when you do, but I'm also happy knowing that you're following along. :) I'm really glad you like the Doduo, that was a really fun pic - the legs and feet were my favourite parts to draw.

Ampharoid, thank you! I'm happy to hear you like the galvantula. ;) I hope random.org chooses Ampharos soon for you! I'm waiting on Mareep myself, I love that little ball of electric fluff to bits!

Day 30 - Kakuna
30th January 2013

Right, so I only just now remembered that bees live in beehives so bee pupa probably wouldn't be hanging from a tree. QUIET, YOU is what I will be saying now. I woke up from a really, really late nap and was much groggier than usual lol, and had to draw Kakuna's pic in about 40 mins -- which I did! Finished just one min before midnight. Due to that, no research.