• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Souku's Project 365: Pokémon 2

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Commenting time!

Lileep - Love it when you make watery themed pics like these and one of my fave parts is the lovely shades of blue that you use in them.
Machoke - While I understand that it's pretty tough to draw this, the end result is, I must say quite nice.
Sawk - Almost the same opinions on Machoke here. The pose is pretty good.
Doduo - This should've been chosen for Australia day for you so that it'd be more fitting (Belated greetings from my country!). This is pretty impressive! It's very beautiful and looks like something out of an encyclopedia. One of the best bird pics of yours yet.
Kakuna - It's pretty good especially if you consider the fact that this was done more quickly than your usual works. The colors are nicely chosen.

And now it's the last day of January, again. Hopefully you end the month on a pretty good note to set the pace of what we'll be looking forward to for the next months! I'm supporting this! :)

Souku

Aww, thank you for the comments! <3 I'm super glad that the last couple of pics have been well-received! It's very encouraging, especially when I'm trying new things or trying to refine a few things in my various styles. nathandg0924, ah, if only Doduo was chosen for Australia Day! Would have made that day perfect. |D

As for the last day of January... it is a Gothitelle! I'm not sure how many people out there like this Pokémon but I personally was looking forward to drawing it in my own way. That said, here's hoping for a good pokémon to start the month of February off!

Day 31 - Gothitelle
31st January 2013

Gothitelle has been a pokémon that I have been looking forward to drawing, actually. Although I don't like its official art (nor the art/sprites of its pre-evos), I do love the species description told in the Pokédexes. For those of you who (like me) never read dex entries, the B/W/2 entries say that you can see the stars in Gothitelle's psychic power, it can predict the future using the stars, it can see the lifespan of its Trainer ... and when it finds this information out, it cries in sadness. :(

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Very interesting. I've never been too fond of Gothitelle, but I love the way you drew it. Looks better than the actual design.

Souku

Yay, I'm glad you guys like my version of Gothitelle! I remember the first time I saw Gothitelle in game, I was wondering what in the world it was meant to be, haha. Anyways, the pokémon starting off February is a blazin' Rapidash.

Day 32 - Rapidash
1st February 2013

With the start of February, we open with a picture of a rearing Rapidash! Ever since I drew Ponyta I have been wanting to draw a Rapidash rearing, and I wanted the Rapidash to be some kind horse made out of fire (like the flames would make some horse-like shape). I didn't end up doing something like that since I kind of ran out of time, but at least I got the rearing thing happening.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I want to ride that Rapidash into battle! My foes shall tremble before the grace and might of the flame sorceress!!!!!

Sorry, got a bit carried away there...:)

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Oh wow, I am LOVING that Rapidash! It looks very elegant and graceful, and at the same time, very powerful. The fire effects also look fantastic. I think this is definitely one of my favorites so far.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Great way to start and end a month.

Gothitelle - While I don't like this Pokemon in general, the way you did her was really amazing.
Rapidash - This is amazing! The flames and the pose are great and it's very well detailed.

Souku

Aw man, thank you all for the comments! Glad you liked Rapidash, she was great fun to draw. :) Anyway, I'm rather sad that Magnezone followed right after Rapidash, but I guess you just can't have all the awesome pokémon appear at once. I hope tomorrow's Pokémon at least looks cooler than Magnezone. But now I really need sleep. Night, guys.

Day 33 - Magnezone
2nd February 2013

The more I worked on Magnezone, the angier and angrier I became. Had to redraw it at least three times because it just wasn't looking right, grr. Anyway it wasn't helping that I was/am again super tired. One day I will not be tired.

Souku

Yes, I really wanted to a stylised Magnezone similar to the Magneton I drew last year, so I'm glad you guys think it looks all right. I wish I could have done more with its design but it was making me so angry at the time, haha. Anyway, I can't say Snover is the awesome Pokémon I had hoped would follow Magnezone but at least it was more fun to paint.

Day 34 - Snover
3rd February 2013

Snover's dex descriptions aren't very useful, they just talk about its personality and how it shuffles around the mountains depending on the season. I didn't have a set idea in mind so, after painting Snover's head, I just went with the flow.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Hah, I've seen that hair on a few people I know XD

Can't say I'm a fan of the hair but I like everything below it and I love the trees in the background.

Souku

Poor Snover, I'm sure he will find his way... maybe to a hair salon lol. It was meant to be some kind of straw-like hat (I have no idea why I was thinking that when Snover isn't even made of straw, but there you go) that sort of just turned into hair/fur, haha.

As for Grumpig today, upon reading its Emerald Pokédex entry, I immediately thought of the one and only dance style that's plaguing the internet. Or was. I don't even know. Anyway, I don't know what your stance is on the song/dance, but one of my RL friends hates it. Of course, she was first exposed to it via her friends, and the video/song/dance plastered all over her FB newsfeed for ages, so she's grown to dislike its very name. She was actually the first (and only) friend of mine to go on about Gangnam; without her rants I wouldn't have even known about it. And that is why I am dedicating Grumpig's pic to her.

Day 35 - Grumpig
4th February 2013

I'm sorry, I just had to. Seriously. With a dex description like this:

"It stores power in the black pearls on its forehead. When it uses psychic power, it performs an odd dance step. Its style of dancing became hugely popular overseas."

how can you think of anything other than Gangnam Style! Popular culture. It winds up in everything.

Last edited:

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Haha! Wow, I have to admit, I definitely smiled at this. Grumpig is already one of my favorite Pokemon, and this made me like it even more.